• Atheism
    • Other
  3. 3. Your sexual preference is

• Heterosexuality
    • Homosexuality (g & l)
    • Bisexuality
    • Asexuality
    • Confused

You forgot Agnostic... I don't consider myself atheist. Caucasian, if you'd have put white I would have said other... Prolly Jedi, as something like 0.2% of the US population did put that in 2000's census.

Hrm.. If anybody does tally up age/country etc: I'm 17, from the US... And I'm female, which would be fun to count up how badly we're outnumbered here.

Agnostic is an adjective, you'd either be agnostic atheist or agnostic theist.

You're going to have to explain that one to me. I've always thought a true agnostic would just state that there is no way to know or logically infer anything about the existence or nature of God and that all further discussion on the subject is futile or inconsequential.

Scientology is not a religion. Why put that, as well as some other religions which is it very likely people people here, on an English speaking forum will not be part of and miss things like agnostic off?

Some people still believe in ridiculous things and it is classed as a religion.

It isn't in most of the world. I refuse to see it as a religion. It is a cult, full stop. I actually find it offensive to be recognised next to religions.

There is no true distinction between religions and cults. The second is only a derogatory term for the former.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there was a thread over in RS General or something that was attempting to get all fifty states represented by forum members. I know I was on the list for WI. I have not seen the thread in a really long time.

I remember that thread. Can't remember if it ever got completed or not.

Yeah and I am far too lazy to go digging for it :P

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

The Catholic church is considered the richest corporation in the world.

What makes either one more of a religion then the other (besides age?)

Lol by who? And does someone actually have a verified source on that?

By the way, I wonder how much money is in the pope's bank account?

This fact is unverifiable due to the Catholic Church's extreme secrecy, which is especially apparent with money, but it's actually not that hard to believe. Consider how much land and buildings the church controls. Consider that the church gets literally millions - if not billions - every week, month, year, in donations, and all of the other assets it controls. It controls a country, for example.

Walmart - the world's richest company - is worth $420bn according to their annual report. The Catholic Church is not listed as a corporation, and hence doesn't share how much it is worth. Still, this doesn't change the fact that it's disgustingly rich and easily able to come close to - if not completely - eradicate poverty in Africa.

As for your second question: He probably doesn't control one. He has everything given to him, why would he have one? And this is not unheard of. For example, British royals aren't allowed to have any cash on them.

I think there was a thread over in RS General or something that was attempting to get all fifty states represented by forum members. I know I was on the list for WI. I have not seen the thread in a really long time.

We could start a new one with google maps or something, and you could anonymously pin your location on a world map. Then we could get an idea of the world spread of our forum members.

rosssigfinal.jpg

You're going to have to explain that one to me. I've always thought a true agnostic would just state that there is no way to know or logically infer anything about the existence or nature of God and that all further discussion on the subject is futile or inconsequential.

Indeed. Though I've read that there's even a distinction between agnostics that claim that they don't know, and agnostics that claim the answer is inherently unknowable. In the end it comes off more as a 'third option' between theism and atheism, along with irreligiousness: Yes (Theism), Don't know/maybe (Agnosticism), Don't care (Irreligiousness), No (Atheism). The last three tend to get lumped together in spite of this, though.

You forgot Agnostic... I don't consider myself atheist. Caucasian, if you'd have put white I would have said other... Prolly Jedi, as something like 0.2% of the US population did put that in 2000's census.

Hrm.. If anybody does tally up age/country etc: I'm 17, from the US... And I'm female, which would be fun to count up how badly we're outnumbered here.

I'm not too good with words, so here's a graph for you. Notice how the central position is one of apathy/indifference.

xXuNC.jpg

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I'm not too good with words, so here's a graph for you. Notice how the central position is one of apathy/indifference.

xXuNC.jpg

That graph actually cleared up a lot of things for me.

Also is there any speculation about why this community is largely atheist? In my experience in these kinds of forums attract gnostic theists and a few atheists (sorry if this was already discussed haven't actually looked through entire thread yet, to busy exploring my new Nook).

On a side note i feel very generic after taking this poll.

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

The internet tends to be atheistic because of the wealth of information one has access to, and many religious groups persuading their followers to not use it.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Caucasian

Agnostic

Heterosexual

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

We could start a new one with google maps or something, and you could anonymously pin your location on a world map. Then we could get an idea of the world spread of our forum members.

That'd actually be very cool. :thumbup:

tFtfA.jpg

You'd still have people creeping on people's houses judging by how precise Google Maps is. :P

A more broad pinning would be better. Like by region maybe at the most.

j0xPu5R.png

You'd still have people creeping on people's houses judging by how precise Google Maps is. :P

A more broad pinning would be better. Like by region maybe at the most.

You could just pin a city, not an exact location.

tFtfA.jpg

Just pin your city. I doubt anyone lives in the exact, usually commercially zoned, geographical center of their city.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Go for it Steve. I had a quick look into it before. I can you can make it private, so that only people with the link can find it and add to it. Obviously if you don't feel comfortable putting your city, you don't have to participate.

rosssigfinal.jpg

It is a good idea, but those of us that do not live in densely populated areas would be easily identifiable. Not that I am paranoid or anything, I am just saying...

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

It is a good idea, but those of us that do not live in densely populated areas would be easily identifiable. Not that I am paranoid or anything, I am just saying...

True. And not sure about some of us that study in one place but live in another over summer...

rosssigfinal.jpg

Umm I put down Christianity seeing as how I'm Catholic, it's a branch of it :unsure:

And um no, I'm not putting Caucasian because that's Euro-Asia decent, hell it even has the word Asian in there. Hispanic is close to that but not Latino, I just put other.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Anyways I wonder what the other for religion is.

Agnostic?

Deists?

"I believe in christian god but maybe all gods are the same too, but im not hindu either cause thats weird" <-- know people that say this

It is likely that the majority of those who voted as such are "agnostic." I am too, but I placed myself under "atheist."

Free Santa Hat lending, message me :)

56756.png

Umm I put down Christianity seeing as how I'm Catholic, it's a branch of it :unsure:

And um no, I'm not putting Caucasian because that's Euro-Asia decent, hell it even has the word Asian in there. Hispanic is close to that but not Latino, I just put other.

All Hispanics originate in Europe. Therefore, they're Caucasian. Only Indigenous Americans do not come under this category. Mestizo comes under 'Mixed'.

Feel free to put what you want, but just a heads up that you've sort of voted wrongly on an objective level.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Thanks for that chart, reaffirmed what I thought - I really would place myself under Agnostic - I don't know if there is one, and I want proof if there is one; I don't believe in one because I don't know there is one.