• Atheism
    • Other
  3. 3. Your sexual preference is

• Heterosexuality
    • Homosexuality (g & l)
    • Bisexuality
    • Asexuality
    • Confused

Give us 10% of what you make or we will guilt you into thinking you get a permab& to hell, conversely we tell you about Jesus and you will give us your 100 acre estate when you die

I agree this should be for the religion thread, I am just trying to say that system of beliefs about life, death, universe creation and end no matter how ridiculous are a religion, even if the said religion makes you do crazy things like obscene membership fees and/or kill someone.

Not intentionally slandering the catholic church this time around :P just trying to point out that there are similarities to their conduct as there are to Scientology, and if not now certainly in the past

You clearly know nothing about how the church works.

This fact is unverifiable due to the Catholic Church's extreme secrecy, which is especially apparent with money, but it's actually not that hard to believe. Consider how much land and buildings the church controls. Consider that the church gets literally millions - if not billions - every week, month, year, in donations, and all of the other assets it controls. It controls a country, for example.

Walmart - the world's richest company - is worth $420bn according to their annual report. The Catholic Church is not listed as a corporation, and hence doesn't share how much it is worth. Still, this doesn't change the fact that it's disgustingly rich and easily able to come close to - if not completely - eradicate poverty in Africa.

As for your second question: He probably doesn't control one. He has everything given to him, why would he have one? And this is not unheard of. For example, British royals aren't allowed to have any cash on them.

The church is also the single biggest charitable donor in the world....and money taken in for collections is used for church expenses/charitable initiatives.

British royals aren't allowed to carry cash for security purposes. There's a difference. Once again, I think it speaks volumes for this claim that "the church is the richest corporation ever" that pope jp2 died with no bank account, and worked unpaid for his entire life.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if it would be a good idea to get this and that 'where in the world' thread pinned at some point. Maybe it's just me and excuse me if this seems judgemental, but they seem more important/relevant to more people than advertising and relationship advice.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

They're really not important enough to be pinned. In fact, once the majority of regular visitors have posted both threads will die out quickly. Yes, it's stuff nice to know, but it's hardly a reoccurring topic like relationship advice.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

They're really not important enough to be pinned. In fact, once the majority of regular visitors have posted both threads will die out quickly. Yes, it's stuff nice to know, but it's hardly a reoccurring topic like relationship advice.

Oh right, that's the criteria for pinning. Fair enough then.

Though I still don't see how posting pictures of your desktop is in any way important. Ah well, it takes all sorts to make a world.

Going off topic slightly to something that's bugged me since I made this account in March:

:idea: <-- how is this an idea? It looks like an inverted anus.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

Anyways I wonder what the other for religion is.

Agnostic?

Deists?

"I believe in christian god but maybe all gods are the same too, but im not hindu either cause thats weird" <-- know people that say this

It is likely that the majority of those who voted as such are "agnostic." I am too, but I placed myself under "atheist."

Pastafarians are sadly unrepresented in the poll.

Umm I put down Christianity seeing as how I'm Catholic, it's a branch of it :unsure:

And um no, I'm not putting Caucasian because that's Euro-Asia decent, hell it even has the word Asian in there. Hispanic is close to that but not Latino, I just put other.

All Hispanics originate in Europe. Therefore, they're Caucasian. Only Indigenous Americans do not come under this category. Mestizo comes under 'Mixed'.

Feel free to put what you want, but just a heads up that you've sort of voted wrongly on an objective level.

That's the main difference. In Latin America, colonists mixed with the indigenous populations before secluding the rest in small reserves, leading to quite different physical (shorter, darker hair, skin and eyes, etc.) and cultural differences that even lead to racism between the "purer" Caucasians and the new Hispanics.

Or you could say all humans originate from Africa, therefore we are all Africans. :P

[Edit]

Mixed it'll be then, not Caucasian. :thumbup:

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Umm I put down Christianity seeing as how I'm Catholic, it's a branch of it :unsure:

And um no, I'm not putting Caucasian because that's Euro-Asia decent, hell it even has the word Asian in there. Hispanic is close to that but not Latino, I just put other.

All Hispanics originate in Europe. Therefore, they're Caucasian. Only Indigenous Americans do not come under this category. Mestizo comes under 'Mixed'.

Feel free to put what you want, but just a heads up that you've sort of voted wrongly on an objective level.

That's the main difference. In Latin America, colonists mixed with the indigenous populations before secluding the rest in small reserves, leading to quite different physical (shorter, darker hair, skin and eyes, etc.) and cultural differences that even lead to racism between the "purer" Caucasians and the new Hispanics.

Or you could say all humans originate from Africa, therefore we are all Africans. :P

Yup, because they are a mixed race, Mestizos come under 'Mixed'.

Caucasian.

Bisexual.

Christian.

How do you justify the last two??

OT: YAY! I'm average!!! (white, atheist, straight)

Rune Tips Merchanting Site!

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

Caucasian.

Bisexual.

Christian.

Jesus was gay himself.

Next.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Caucasian.

Bisexual.

Christian.

Some Christian - perhaps even most - denominations don't have a problem with homosexuality. It's just the Catholics and some of those American ones that get all fanatical about it.

Caucasian.

Bisexual.

Christian.

Some Christian - perhaps even most - denominations don't have a problem with homosexuality. It's just the Catholics and some of those American ones that get all fanatical about it.

Ah yes America, the home of the bigots. Man do I hate have living there :oops:.

Also puppy if I may ask, what kind of Christian are you?

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

We can all trace ourselves back to more than just one point, some have more in common with one point than the other.

If that is so then we can all trace ourselves to one race and all vote for that, no?

I would put Caucasian if we had an Ethinicity branch to go along with it.

Same thing with the Catholic vote I guess it goes in Christianity, no?

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

We can all trace ourselves back to more than just one point, some have more in common with one point than the other.

If that is so then we can all trace ourselves to one race and all vote for that, no?

I would put Caucasian if we had an Ethinicity branch to go along with it.

Same thing with the Catholic vote I guess it goes in Christianity, no?

True, we could all trace ourselves back to a single race if we go back hundreds of thousands of years. But race distinctions have since arisen and it'd be a bit pointless. Hispanics, on the other hand, went to the Americas from Europe only a few centuries ago.

Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity, so yes, it comes under Christianity.

Caucasian, heterosexual, and agnostic (other in this case).

The chart is a nice idea. Although the votes aren't surprising, you tend to figure out where people stand pretty quickly around here.

I appreciate the chart. Learned something new today. :)

What, that most people on the internet are white atheists? I think that's already implied.

Free Santa Hat lending, message me :)

56756.png

A pie chart for this thread... hmm.

1) Draw three circles on MSPaint;

2) Use bucket tool on all of them;

3) Use eraser on a quarter of the second circle.

Job done.

TBH all this thread has shown is that, for all the decades of psychological research into what makes us 'unique' and 'different', we have many more similarities with each other than we do differences, and what differences we do have (religion) are more or less down to personal choice anyway.

A pie chart for this thread... hmm.

1) Draw three circles on MSPaint;

2) Use bucket tool on all of them;

3) Use eraser on a quarter of the second circle.

Job done.

TBH all this thread has shown is that, for all the decades of psychological research into what makes us 'unique' and 'different', we have many more similarities with each other than we do differences, and what differences we do have (religion) are more or less down to personal choice anyway.

True dat.

At the end of the day, so many academic disciplines were created in the 20th century that most of them were a pile of tosh. Research into uniqueness sounds like a waste of time, just like those scientists that make blue strawberries.

Perhaps this census could be the beginning of the end for psychological research as a whole... :ohnoes:

The reality is that nobody is truly unique. Even the phrase "one in a million" implies there are several thousand of you running around this speck of dust.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

125 votes is still an incredibly narrow cross section of Tip.It users <_<

132 grrr :angry: