01-Jul-2011 - Behind the Scenes � July

Mil

Slug quest! Yay!

New jadinko area.... meh. Looks like the whip upgrade could be useful, but it better not eclipse the rapier in DPS.

Clan Citadels look pretty cool, and my brother and I already had our own small clan set up for lols purposes, so this looks like it could be kind of fu....

Contribute enough to the weekly upkeep of the citadel and you'll find you have access to a clan ring, which gives you a temporary 1.5x multiplier in certain skill tasks about RuneScape.

WHAT.

a70c7.png

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be pretty pissed if the new whip upgrade is any better than chaotics. Hell, even if it comes close, I'll be pissed. Somehow I doubt it will, though.

Why? You get a rapier for FREE from training a skill. A whip you either get for free from a drop or buy it. With 85 Attack and 80 Slayer as a requirement the upgraded whip should at least equal the rapier.

I'd be pretty pissed if the new whip upgrade is any better than chaotics. Hell, even if it comes close, I'll be pissed. Somehow I doubt it will, though.

It requires 85 attack and 80 slayer. It should be better than a rapier at least.

I think that would be [cabbage]. To get a rapier you need 80 dungeoneering, and you need to trade in all the tokens you've gained up to that point, and you have to repair it every 10 hours. Unless the vine drop is really rare and expensive, I don't think it should even come close to the strength of chaotic weapons. Otherwise, it would make all the time I've spent training dungeoneering for my rapier seem like a waste.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

It requires 85 attack and 80 slayer. It should be better than a rapier at least.

This will also give it the highest attack requirement for an overworld item. I'd guess that it'd be as least on par with the rapier, save that it won't be able to stab.

BULBASAUR USED VINE WHIP ON GREEN DRAGON ! IT'S NOT VERY EFFECTIVE !

Slug quest! Yay!

New jadinko area.... meh. Looks like the whip upgrade could be useful, but it better not eclipse the rapier in DPS.

Clan Citadels look pretty cool, and my brother and I already had our own small clan set up for lols purposes, so this looks like it could be kind of fu....

Contribute enough to the weekly upkeep of the citadel and you'll find you have access to a clan ring, which gives you a temporary 1.5x multiplier in certain skill tasks about RuneScape.

WHAT.

Hopefully an exploitable source of boosted XP, haha.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Why? You get a rapier for FREE from training a skill. A whip you either get for free from a drop or buy it. With 85 Attack and 80 Slayer as a requirement the upgraded whip should at least equal the rapier.

Because a rapier is degradable. Unless you want to argue that the upgraded Whip will be degradable as well, which would be utterly stupid.

I think that would be [cabbage]. To get a rapier you need 80 dungeoneering, and you need to trade in all the tokens you've gained up to that point, and you have to repair it every 10 hours. Unless the vine drop is really rare and expensive, I don't think it should even come close to the strength of chaotic weapons. Otherwise, it would make all the time I've spent training dungeoneering for my rapier seem like a waste.

The upgraded whip has more difficult reqs to fill than the rapier does. Doing 5:5's with DGS it took a week - max - to get from 68-80 DG... Nowadays it would probably take me 2 days to get the tokens for another chaotic even if I didn't nolife DG.

Tbh 12 slash attack and 20 strength would be a good addition to the whip.

IMHO 80 slayer and 85 attack takes longer to get than rapier. At any rate, the fact that it's a higher tier level attack weapon should show that it will probably rival the rapier which you only need 80 attack for...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

The new whip will have a special attack and deal extra poison damage. Something tells me it won't have the stats of a chaotic rapier. Sounds more like it would have its own niche uses, instead of being a straight upgrade/downgrade of a CR.

The upgraded whip has more difficult reqs to fill than the rapier does. Doing 5:5's with DGS it took a week - max - to get from 68-80 DG... Nowadays it would probably take me 2 days to get the tokens for another chaotic even if I didn't nolife DG.

Tbh 12 slash attack and 20 strength would be a good addition to the whip.

IMHO 80 slayer and 85 attack takes longer to get than rapier. At any rate, the fact that it's a higher tier level attack weapon should show that it will probably rival the rapier which you only need 80 attack for...

What about the time it takes to get 1 dungeoneering to 80? Also, you have to trade in all the tokens you've obtained up to that point, essentially "spending" the experience you've gained. Level requirements don't always determine an item's usefulness.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Because a rapier is degradable. Unless you want to argue that the upgraded Whip will be degradable as well, which would be utterly stupid.

Don't forget that once you've bought a rapier you can't sell it back. Those 200K tokens are gone forever.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

L2notuseDgTokensonChaotics.

GF Chaotics & it will have Poison & Special Attack.

I'm glad too see that the Whip is getting Updated. I don't like that it will do Poison so maybe there will be a cloth to clean it?

I like the Clan Citadels but not the 1.5x Ring :(

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Slug quest finally. I wonder how the penguin quest will fare after we beat the queen. Or if they'll merge the story lines in this quest. Also might we get the sword that the smith from deadliest catch was making from this quest? wasn't she making one for sir tiffy, or was it one of the other knights?

Jadinko hunter area.

Sounds basically like a wood cutters version of lrc. But new stronger wip that also poisons sounds awsome.

Reserving judgement on the citadel till it comes out to see if this will negativly effect small clans.

Might start doing cryptic clues if they are going to start releasing up coming content hints in them now.

dwarven army axe sounds like a nice bank space saver... but how will an axe work as a needle :unsure:

Sounds like a decent month.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Looks to be another boring month

the only hope is clan citadels

Members will have the opportunity to obtain a new item this month, with the introduction of the Dwarven Army Axe. This tool, aimed at lower-level players, will be useful as a weapon, hatchet, pickaxe, needle, chisel, tinderbox and toothpick*. Details of how to obtain this will be given upon logging in.

OF COURSE IT IS

I'm quite excited for the final Sea Slug quest. Since it's the final one and it has been 5 years since the most recent in its series, there's quite a good chance for the next tier of Temple Knight armour to be released.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm disappointed this time next week though.

While the odds sound in her favour, you and your team will have access to a new weapon: a serum that disrupts the Mother's mind control. The problem is it sits within Daemonheim, where the Fremennik are reluctant to let anyone leave with tainted items. Time for a Daemonheist!

Why even bother, when people like Bruno can smuggle things in and out of Dae anyways? Ahhhh can't wait to see all the bugs that this brings out allowing Bruno and others to smuggle more :)

Haha, when I read that the quest would take us into Daemonheim, that was my first thought. I wonder how Jagex is going to mess up and let people get things out of dungeons this time...

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I'm quite excited for the final Sea Slug quest. Since it's the final one and it has been 5 years since the most recent in its series, there's quite a good chance for the next tier of Temple Knight armour to be released.

Is it 2013 already! wow time flys!

Kennith's Concerns was the last sea slug quest and was launched march 08; so only a little over 3 years ago.

You could even argue that we had a sea slug quest of sorts last year cause they featured in the penguin quest briefly; but thats a bit of a stretch.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

whips are skyrocketing

the funny thing about this that it's likely to be 3 weeks before the actual release, meaning they'll be able to rise/crash 3++ times in that time, and only after that we'll find that you'll need to kill 91 slayer monsters for a 10-30m item(at least at start) to make one of those whips into a chaotic scimitar without strength training ability. Gud times.

Overall i'd say the month is decent- there is something to do for both high and low level players for basically all the updates(excluding people who are not in clans). Nice balance, pity there isn't anything significant(in high likelyhood).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Kennith's Concerns was the last sea slug quest and was launched march 08; so only a little over 3 years ago.

You could even argue that we had a sea slug quest of sorts last year cause they featured in the penguin quest briefly; but thats a bit of a stretch.

Oh, I completely forgot about that one. I could only remember the most recent one with the Mother Mallum in it. Well at least if there was another since then there's an even higher chance of the next tier armour, and it has been almost 5 years since the proselyte set itself came out anyway, so it could do with an upgrade.

Been buying whips all day long, probably made 10m+, maybe 15m.

All started with buying 10 whips at 1.3m and selling 1.5m, now I'm selling at 2m each, but I'm still buying at 1.3m each.

Selling flipping tips 1$

ib7rVm.png

i hope its better than a rapier, but shuold be reaaaly hard to get, like 1 in 10k from the lvl 91 slay monster.

also does the finale of the slug series mean the next version of initiate/proselyte, as in a lvl 40 version of the prayer armor which i believe is called acolyte?

a_final_name.png

I can't wait to camp those new monsters and sell the vine add ons for the whips for a huge profit.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Oh, I completely forgot about that one. I could only remember the most recent one with the Mother Mallum in it. Well at least if there was another since then there's an even higher chance of the next tier armour, and it has been almost 5 years since the proselyte set itself came out anyway, so it could do with an upgrade.

It's possible but in older QAs jagex did imply the armour tiers are tied to the temple knight story line rather than the sea slugs, just so happens to two match up for now.

But the bts suggests enough temple knight involvement to hopefully give us a new tier

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue