01-Jul-2011 - Behind the Scenes � July

Mil

Really looking forward for the army axe, sounds awesome on paper.

It's apparently going to match its steel equivalents. But hey, I guess combining the tinderbox, needle and chisel will save bankspace.

Inb4 different animations with longer times.

At least it'll be handy to have in the bank and for quests; less STFU need a pickaxe, go bank get back, STFU need a needle, go get needle, RARGGGGH seriously need a tinder? could you not of told me this at the start?!?, go bank, need hatchet, ARRRGGGH STFU QUEST, log off

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True but even so some quests its waaayy to much stuff to carry and have yourself covered in food n pots.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Acolyte armour... Fyeah!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Yes, quests are lacking plot lately. I mean, it's getting to be a real pain. Feels like filler. This all started with Nomad I swear.

Don't forget, some people actually see this as something positive. I guess it'd be smart for them to make quests in two parts, with and without the storyline, but it's just too much bother. Little to no storyline is fine by me.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

i hope its better than a rapier, but shuold be reaaaly hard to get, like 1 in 10k from the lvl 91 slay monster.

That's a really bad idea.

aww does somebody like easy content to spoonfeed us new overpowered stuff?

at least make these things lvl 200ish so theyre a challenge to camp

a_final_name.png

aww does somebody like easy content to spoonfeed us new overpowered stuff?

at least make these things lvl 200ish so theyre a challenge to camp

A 1/10k droprate isn't "hard content", it's bad game design.

Yeah seriously i spent 6 months killing black dragons and never got a visage. Making it a higher level isn't a bad idea, but making odds that low is just unnecessary.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Yes, quests are lacking plot lately. I mean, it's getting to be a real pain. Feels like filler. This all started with Nomad I swear.

Don't forget, some people actually see this as something positive. I guess it'd be smart for them to make quests in two parts, with and without the storyline, but it's just too much bother. Little to no storyline is fine by me.

Like how they designed tghe Freminnik Sagas? lol

But really, if they do it that way, it's not a quest. More of a D&D or Miniquest/Minigame.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

But really, if they do it that way, it's not a quest. More of a D&D or Miniquest/Minigame.

Not quite, as you still needed to complete it both ways to get the rewards. Alot of people do quests only following guides anyway, so it really doesn't matter, atleast for them, if the story is there or not. What i'd like to see is quests with the same rewards and outcome, but all the cut-scenes and conversation is cut out or significantly shortened, instead just telling you the next thing to do right away.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Not quite, as you still needed to complete it both ways to get the rewards. Alot of people do quests only following guides anyway, so it really doesn't matter, atleast for them, if the story is there or not. What i'd like to see is quests with the same rewards and outcome, but all the cut-scenes and conversation is cut out or significantly shortened, instead just telling you the next thing to do right away.

Guess that would be an option, but I think that if someone put the time and work into a cut scene and a story at the very least we can watch and pay attention to it. Seems only polite.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

It's apparently going to match its steel equivalents. But hey, I guess combining the tinderbox, needle and chisel will save bankspace.

At least it'll be handy to have in the bank and for quests; less STFU need a pickaxe, go bank get back, STFU need a needle, go get needle, RARGGGGH seriously need a tinder? could you not of told me this at the start?!?, go bank, need hatchet, ARRRGGGH STFU QUEST, log off

... this?

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

... this?

WHAT! Lol, I need to get out more often... This is the first I'm hearing of this. But then again, I've never played MA. -.-

09144a99bb.png

Quest kit:

Level 1

rope

tinder

spade

candle

needle

pestle n mortar

thread

bowl

bucket

pick

lantern

machete

waterskin

knife

plank

hammer

saw

hatchet

chisel

tool:

hatchet

pick

needle

chisel

tinder

Quest kit does offer more, but until you get elite level the tool will still offer options quest kit is missing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'd be pretty pissed if the new whip upgrade is any better than chaotics. Hell, even if it comes close, I'll be pissed. Somehow I doubt it will, though.

It requires 85 attack and 80 slayer. It should be better than a rapier at least.

I think that would be [cabbage]. To get a rapier you need 80 dungeoneering, and you need to trade in all the tokens you've gained up to that point, and you have to repair it every 10 hours. Unless the vine drop is really rare and expensive, I don't think it should even come close to the strength of chaotic weapons. Otherwise, it would make all the time I've spent training dungeoneering for my rapier seem like a waste.

shudda got a cls

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

looks like a really bad month :thumbdown:

This is how I feel pretty much. The only things that will make me happy this month is if we get a new tier of prayer armor from the slug quest, and if the vine whip attatchment is tradeable. If it is tradeable, I'll be camping those things ALL DAY until I get at least one of the drops and hopefully make a nice bit of cash which I could really use right now.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Does it say anywhere what the slayer req. will be to get this new whip attachment? One of its requirements is 80 slayer, but it doesnt say what the monster will have.

My guess is it will be the jadinko that requires the highest slayer level to kill (91) that drops it. The lower ones might drop it too, just at a significantly lower rate. (I believe the slayer requirements for the other two are 80 and 86.)

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I can't wait for the slug quest! That is one of my favorite quests. I'm ok with making my whip better as well. Hopefully I can get a vine thing to put on it. Citadels seem pretty cool too, but I have my clan simply to have more orange things to wear, and am the only active member...

*Edit* Post 3500.. woo

35b9enp.jpg

Does it say anywhere what the slayer req. will be to get this new whip attachment? One of its requirements is 80 slayer, but it doesnt say what the monster will have.

My guess is it will be the jadinko that requires the highest slayer level to kill (91) that drops it. The lower ones might drop it too, just at a significantly lower rate. (I believe the slayer requirements for the other two are 80 and 86.)

Hm. They said that the vine is going to have a requirement of 80 slayer. If it's an untradeable drop from all three, that would give it that requirement...

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+