01-Jul-2011 - Behind the Scenes � July

Mil

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't stake anything on a hunch, cause its just a hunch.

I don;t care if its right or wrong. I don't care if your personal analysis doesn't support it.

Hunches don't need to make sense, they are just what you feel.

Then the question will be when to sell.

how might bots effect this sort of update, will ess miner bots be put to use in getting a t7 base <_< ?

also reduced xp but lowered ban chance(no reports) would probably appeal to a lot of botters.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Looks like a good month for me. I like the sound of it all, even though I'm not in a clan. But the quest and Habitat update sound awesome. Even more so that I can do it all.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

how might bots effect this sort of update, will ess miner bots be put to use in getting a t7 base <_< ?

also reduced xp but lowered ban chance(no reports) would probably appeal to a lot of botters.

Jagex already confirmed that you will not be able to take resources from citadels.

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

yeah but what about the xp there, they bot 85 mining then go mine rune?

Ah good point, I overlooked bots doing something like that. However the problem is already out of hand so I don't know what jagex would do to stop a further botting outbreak.

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

I don't know what jagex would do to stop a further botting outbreak.

Nothing because they don't give a [cabbage]. Because this game is so simplistic, it's incredibly easy to create scripts for, so even if Jagex did care enough to try to do something, I don't think they would be able to stop the problem.

At least if some of the bots are doing their training in a controlled, instanced environment it'll cut down the population hoarding resources. At least, marginally.

td2sig.jpg

Vine_Whip_by_ispywings.jpg

You called?

Really looking forward to the Citadels, though. Imo, it'll make the month more than anything else.

I don't know what jagex would do to stop a further botting outbreak.

Nothing because they don't give a [cabbage]. Because this game is so simplistic, it's incredibly easy to create scripts for, so even if Jagex did care enough to try to do something, I don't think they would be able to stop the problem.

At least if some of the bots are doing their training in a controlled, instanced environment it'll cut down the population hoarding resources. At least, marginally.

Bots run by players to train boring skills might move to citadels, but the majority of them are company bots. I agree any effects of this sort may be marginal...

Also, if I can properly use the term, your first line seems to be a catch-22: They either don't care and are doing nothing, or they're doing what they can and it's ineffective so it appears that they're doing nothing?

In any case I wonder if there's some concept art for the vine addition floating around, and also if JaGEx will take into account little things like recolored whips from BA, or recoloring whips with the addition attached.

Also I'll lol if the vine attachment gives a strength option. There's not really any reason for this to occur, but then there's no reason to upgrade whips either. I wonder too if Godswords will be brought to the Chaotic Maul's level...

I hope citadels don't turn ground-level RuneScape into a barren wasteland devoid of all but machines. Reminds me of the last Terminator movie LOL

2dgucz6.png

Why buff whips? :P

why not?

Ok. Cos of opportunity cost. Instead of making content that boosts whips they could have made content that boosts something that needs boosting, eg. zaryte bow.

2480+ total

Why buff whips? :P

why not?

Ok. Cos of opportunity cost. Instead of making content that boosts whips they could have made content that boosts something that needs boosting, eg. zaryte bow.

id rather whip buff

Itam.gif

July means the release of the Cryptic Cluefest! Follow clues in the forums and be directed to places in-game. Successful sleuths will gain insights into a future game update, as well as an exclusive item.

Woot. I'm really looking forward to this. The last two were lots of fun. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I still don't think the vine is going to be specific to actual monster drops. Just looking at their wording proves there could be another way to "come across" it. Not saying it wont be a drop, but I think that we should still consider the option that it won't ONLY be obtained from a drop.

untitled1.png

Join "Liked" for trustworthy dicing!

I still don't think the vine is going to be specific to actual monster drops. Just looking at their wording proves there could be another way to "come across" it. Not saying it wont be a drop, but I think that we should still consider the option that it won't ONLY be obtained from a drop.

I could see this being true.

Jadinko dropping vines makes sense, but the wording does leave it a bit ambiguous and it does mention "deciding how to attack or defend agaisnt their attacks" implying more than 1 method (assuming you class combat as 1 method regardless of sub-methods) and it mentions being attacked by roots and talking to the queen.

I could imagine vine being obtained via the roots or the queen giving it to us for helping as well as a drop.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well, let me quote.

For the persistent slayers, there is a chance of coming across the mysterious whip vine,

"For the persistent slayers" which means killing the new slayer creatures.

But eh, you never know.

Its true it says that, but in prior bts slayer stuff they always worded it specifically as a drop.

"Come across" does leave some ambiguity to its source.

Most probably a drop though I do agree with that, even if its a drop from the vines opposed to the actual jadinko's. BTS does make the vine root thiniges sound sort of like a "must do" element, like how u must kill the undead that necrolord spawns they block ur path. Or how you must kill the mages at nex or even how you must kill troll father to remove the protection of the troll runts. But even thats probably a long shot.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well, let me quote.

For the persistent slayers, there is a chance of coming across the mysterious whip vine,

But eh, you never know.

Its true it says that, but in prior bts slayer stuff they always worded it specifically as a drop.

Most probably a drop though I do agree with that, even if its a drop from the vines opposed to the actual jadinko's. BTS does make the vine root thiniges sound sort of like a "must do" element, like how u must kill the undead that necrolord spawns they block ur path. Or how you must kill the mages at nex or even how you must kill troll father to remove the protection of the troll runts. But even thats probably a long shot.

You should really stop talking about Dungeoneering, you almost never get it right.

Well, let me quote.

But eh, you never know.

You should really stop talking about Dungeoneering, you almost never get it right.

Well I've not go up that high and I might have boss wrong but ain't there one behind a wall of thing that you have to rnage/mage that spawns some sort of monster that you can't walk or fire through?

Yeah from tip.it beastiary

"The Necrolord is positioned behind a wall of undead arms reaching out of the floor, and can only be attacked using ranged or magic. You cannot move through or shoot over his skeletal minions. Even though the Necrolord is a spellcaster, magic attacks work fairly well against him."

Thats what I was referring too, though I assume positioning yourself right against the wall removes his issue

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Well, let me quote.

But eh, you never know.

Well I've not go up that high and I might have boss wrong but ain't there one behind a wall of thing that you have to rnage/mage that spawns some sort of monster that you can't walk or fire through?

Yeah from tip.it beastiary

"The Necrolord is positioned behind a wall of undead arms reaching out of the floor, and can only be attacked using ranged or magic. You cannot move through or shoot over his skeletal minions. Even though the Necrolord is a spellcaster, magic attacks work fairly well against him."

Thats what I was referring too, though I assume positioning yourself right against the wall removes his issue

So what you're saying is you don't know how to kill the boss, but will state that you "must" kill the skeletons that the Necromancer spawns. Good job!