01-Jul-2011 - Behind the Scenes � July

Mil

The upgraded whip has more difficult reqs to fill than the rapier does. Doing 5:5's with DGS it took a week - max - to get from 68-80 DG... Nowadays it would probably take me 2 days to get the tokens for another chaotic even if I didn't nolife DG.

Tbh 12 slash attack and 20 strength would be a good addition to the whip.

IMHO 80 slayer and 85 attack takes longer to get than rapier. At any rate, the fact that it's a higher tier level attack weapon should show that it will probably rival the rapier which you only need 80 attack for...

And were you already maxed when you leveled from 68 to 80 ? If you are going to compare them ... compare them at the same grounds.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to camp those new monsters and sell the vine add ons for the whips for a huge profit.

inb4 new vine and vined whip are untradable.

People always wanted new top end gear that you have to work for not jsut buy, and of late jagex has done that, wouldnt be surprised at all if this is another untradable.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd be pretty pissed if the new whip upgrade is any better than chaotics. Hell, even if it comes close, I'll be pissed. Somehow I doubt it will, though.

I should think at the very best it'd equal them.

But more likely it'll just act as a bridge weapon better than the lvl 70 stuff (whips etc.) but not as good as the chaotics

The 'new' whip will have a higher requirement than chaotic weapons. You can be pretty sure it'll be better.

I'd be pretty pissed if the new whip upgrade is any better than chaotics. Hell, even if it comes close, I'll be pissed. Somehow I doubt it will, though.

But more likely it'll just act as a bridge weapon better than the lvl 70 stuff (whips etc.) but not as good as the chaotics

The 'new' whip will have a higher requirement than chaotic weapons. You can be pretty sure it'll be better.

Yeah cause its not like there's heaps of gear about where lower req stuff pwns higher req stuff in general use.

eg godswords in general suck depsite being 75 attack compared to 70 for whip or many other equally useful weapons such as Korasi's, d scimmy, brackish blade etc that fall in at 60 etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think it's kind of lame that out of every weapon, they decide to upgrade the abyssal whip. Um... what about the zaryte bow? Staves in general? Those are weapons that actually need to be upgraded. The abyssal whip is already the best weapon for training if you don't have a chaotic rapier.

I think it's kind of lame that out of every weapon, they decide to upgrade the abyssal whip. Um... what about the zaryte bow? Staves in general? Those are weapons that actually need to be upgraded. The abyssal whip is already the best weapon for training if you don't have a chaotic rapier.

Zaryte bow is strongest bow in game...

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

Zaryte bow and ccb are already pretty owange. runite cb and dark bow r pretty decent too.

Staff of light and chaotic staff are also pretty epic.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Ranged is lacking in general in my opinion. Woop woop I can hit just above 540 on a Slayer task in Kuradal's dungeon with overloads and Rigour. That's really low compared to what a chaotic rapier can hit (660+). There's not even a special attack on the damn thing. Ranged doesn't really have any good special attacks save for Morrigan's weapons.

Ranged is lacking in general in my opinion. Woop woop I can hit just above 540 on a Slayer task in Kuradal's dungeon with overloads and Rigour. That's really low compared to what a chaotic rapier can hit (660+). There's not even a special attack on the damn thing. Ranged doesn't really have any good special attacks save for Morrigan's weapons.

Dragonfire/armor piercing/blood sacrifice are all very strong. Doesn't have the straight up killing power of claws but still good.

Yeah cause its not like there's heaps of gear about where lower req stuff pwns higher req stuff in general use.

eg godswords in general suck depsite being 75 attack compared to 70 for whip or many other equally useful weapons such as Korasi's, d scimmy, brackish blade etc that fall in at 60 etc.

Aye but you have to consider that this lower req stuff is a lot newer than the older stuff. Godswords are very old and are thus outdated by newer weapons. Therefore it is difficult to actually compare a godsword to these new items. I mean... It's like comparing Graar to Nex or something along those lines.

These newer weapons have become consistently better, and so how can you blame us for not expecting the trend to continue to this whip?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Dragonfire/armor piercing/blood sacrifice are all very strong. Doesn't have the straight up killing power of claws but still good.

Meh... 4k for a bolt and the special effect can be nullified by drinking an antifire potion... Blood sacrifice is useful for Nex only really, it's terrible for PvP and training in general. Diamond (e) bolts are alright, but nothing amazing.

With leech ranged you max at a staggering 402 with a zaryte bow! Or 435 with Rigour but that means you can't use Soul Split and a mage can simply leech your Ranged to 5-0% instead of 20%.

L2handcannon.

Basically a ranged CLS.

As for new vs. old weapons, by that theory, godswords should be clearly better than the whip(over 2 years newer and 5 higher requirement).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Meh... 4k for a bolt and the special effect can be nullified by drinking an antifire potion... Blood sacrifice is useful for Nex only really, it's terrible for PvP and training in general. Diamond (e) bolts are alright, but nothing amazing.

They're still there though, you still have the option to actually use them. The fact that you don't use them means YOUR use of the ranged skill is lacking, not the range skill in general as it stands.

^ and look at xpx's point too.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

They're still there though, you still have the option to actually use them. The fact that you don't use them means YOUR use of the ranged skill is lacking, not the range skill in general as it stands.

^ and look at xpx's point too.

Who's saying I don't use dragon (e) bolts and such? Even with those items Ranged is underpowered compared to Melee in terms of DPS and PvP. Hell, a good mage has a good chance of killing the best rangers out there without using Miasmic.

And yay a hand cannon... it's a great weapon but it can blow up.

Aye but you have to consider that this lower req stuff is a lot newer than the older stuff. Godswords are very old and are thus outdated by newer weapons. Therefore it is difficult to actually compare a godsword to these new items. I mean... It's like comparing Graar to Nex or something along those lines.

These newer weapons have become consistently better, and so how can you blame us for not expecting the trend to continue to this whip?

Godswords are newer than whips...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

A zaryte bow degrades, so does every chaotic. Does it really matter in which way you lose the money? at some places, with todays prices, a hand cannon will actually cost less than rapier or the bow.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Got two whips as a drop today and already sold 'em 1M each facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Normal antifire pots don't affect the dragon (e) effect... I learned the hard way years ago >_>

77yLQy8.png

A zaryte bow degrades, so does every chaotic. Does it really matter in which way you lose the money? at some places, with todays prices, a hand cannon will actually cost less than rapier or the bow.

What's the blow up rate of a hand cannon at 99 Firemaking? 1/1000 or so? That would mean with today's prices one shot costs 348gp. Chaotic weapons and a zaryte bow are cheaper than that.

Anyway, I think the zaryte bow deserves to be upgraded more than the abyssal whip does.

What's the blow up rate of a hand cannon at 99 Firemaking? 1/1000 or so? That would mean with today's prices one shot costs 348gp. Chaotic weapons and a zaryte bow are cheaper than that.

Anyway, I think the zaryte bow deserves to be upgraded more than the abyssal whip does.

i have the blow up rate as a function of firemaking xp on my range dps spreadsheet ;)

Naaxi.png