Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

01-Jul-2011 - Behind the Scenes – July

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

Shadiochao
[ Display Name History ]

Shadiochao

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Shadiochao
I'm quite excited for the final Sea Slug quest. Since it's the final one and it has been 5 years since the most recent in its series, there's quite a good chance for the next tier of Temple Knight armour to be released.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm disappointed this time next week though.

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1
I could use a better whip... I hate dungeoneering too much to get a rapier so maybe it'll at least be close in stats.

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

While the odds sound in her favour, you and your team will have access to a new weapon: a serum that disrupts the Mother's mind control. The problem is it sits within Daemonheim, where the Fremennik are reluctant to let anyone leave with tainted items. Time for a Daemonheist!

Why even bother, when people like Bruno can smuggle things in and out of Dae anyways? Ahhhh can't wait to see all the bugs that this brings out allowing Bruno and others to smuggle more :)

Haha, when I read that the quest would take us into Daemonheim, that was my first thought. I wonder how Jagex is going to mess up and let people get things out of dungeons this time...
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I'm quite excited for the final Sea Slug quest. Since it's the final one and it has been 5 years since the most recent in its series, there's quite a good chance for the next tier of Temple Knight armour to be released.

Is it 2013 already! wow time flys!
Kennith's Concerns was the last sea slug quest and was launched march 08; so only a little over 3 years ago.

You could even argue that we had a sea slug quest of sorts last year cause they featured in the penguin quest briefly; but thats a bit of a stretch.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx

whips are skyrocketing

the funny thing about this that it's likely to be 3 weeks before the actual release, meaning they'll be able to rise/crash 3++ times in that time, and only after that we'll find that you'll need to kill 91 slayer monsters for a 10-30m item(at least at start) to make one of those whips into a chaotic scimitar without strength training ability. Gud times.

Overall i'd say the month is decent- there is something to do for both high and low level players for basically all the updates(excluding people who are not in clans). Nice balance, pity there isn't anything significant(in high likelyhood).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Shadiochao
[ Display Name History ]

Shadiochao

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • RSN:Shadiochao

Kennith's Concerns was the last sea slug quest and was launched march 08; so only a little over 3 years ago.

You could even argue that we had a sea slug quest of sorts last year cause they featured in the penguin quest briefly; but thats a bit of a stretch.

Oh, I completely forgot about that one. I could only remember the most recent one with the Mother Mallum in it. Well at least if there was another since then there's an even higher chance of the next tier armour, and it has been almost 5 years since the proselyte set itself came out anyway, so it could do with an upgrade.

Salad
[ Display Name History ]

Salad

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,137 posts
  • RSN:Salad170
  • Clan:*noname yet* pk clan
Been buying whips all day long, probably made 10m+, maybe 15m.

All started with buying 10 whips at 1.3m and selling 1.5m, now I'm selling at 2m each, but I'm still buying at 1.3m each.

Selling flipping tips 1$
Posted Image

Squisher_33
[ Display Name History ]

Squisher_33

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
i hope its better than a rapier, but shuold be reaaaly hard to get, like 1 in 10k from the lvl 91 slay monster.

also does the finale of the slug series mean the next version of initiate/proselyte, as in a lvl 40 version of the prayer armor which i believe is called acolyte?
Posted Image

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts
I can't wait to camp those new monsters and sell the vine add ons for the whips for a huge profit.
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Oh, I completely forgot about that one. I could only remember the most recent one with the Mother Mallum in it. Well at least if there was another since then there's an even higher chance of the next tier armour, and it has been almost 5 years since the proselyte set itself came out anyway, so it could do with an upgrade.

It's possible but in older QAs jagex did imply the armour tiers are tied to the temple knight story line rather than the sea slugs, just so happens to two match up for now.
But the bts suggests enough temple knight involvement to hopefully give us a new tier

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

The upgraded whip has more difficult reqs to fill than the rapier does. Doing 5:5's with DGS it took a week - max - to get from 68-80 DG... Nowadays it would probably take me 2 days to get the tokens for another chaotic even if I didn't nolife DG.

Tbh 12 slash attack and 20 strength would be a good addition to the whip.

IMHO 80 slayer and 85 attack takes longer to get than rapier. At any rate, the fact that it's a higher tier level attack weapon should show that it will probably rival the rapier which you only need 80 attack for...

And were you already maxed when you leveled from 68 to 80 ? If you are going to compare them ... compare them at the same grounds.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

I can't wait to camp those new monsters and sell the vine add ons for the whips for a huge profit.

inb4 new vine and vined whip are untradable.

People always wanted new top end gear that you have to work for not jsut buy, and of late jagex has done that, wouldnt be surprised at all if this is another untradable.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Sly_Wizard
[ Display Name History ]

Sly_Wizard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

I'd be pretty pissed if the new whip upgrade is any better than chaotics. Hell, even if it comes close, I'll be pissed. Somehow I doubt it will, though.

I should think at the very best it'd equal them.
But more likely it'll just act as a bridge weapon better than the lvl 70 stuff (whips etc.) but not as good as the chaotics

The 'new' whip will have a higher requirement than chaotic weapons. You can be pretty sure it'll be better.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

I'd be pretty pissed if the new whip upgrade is any better than chaotics. Hell, even if it comes close, I'll be pissed. Somehow I doubt it will, though.

I should think at the very best it'd equal them.
But more likely it'll just act as a bridge weapon better than the lvl 70 stuff (whips etc.) but not as good as the chaotics

The 'new' whip will have a higher requirement than chaotic weapons. You can be pretty sure it'll be better.

Yeah cause its not like there's heaps of gear about where lower req stuff pwns higher req stuff in general use.
eg godswords in general suck depsite being 75 attack compared to 70 for whip or many other equally useful weapons such as Korasi's, d scimmy, brackish blade etc that fall in at 60 etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

LatinII
[ Display Name History ]

LatinII

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 828 posts
  • RSN:Atrum
I think it's kind of lame that out of every weapon, they decide to upgrade the abyssal whip. Um... what about the zaryte bow? Staves in general? Those are weapons that actually need to be upgraded. The abyssal whip is already the best weapon for training if you don't have a chaotic rapier.

VonMedo
[ Display Name History ]

VonMedo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • RSN:Medo Z G

I think it's kind of lame that out of every weapon, they decide to upgrade the abyssal whip. Um... what about the zaryte bow? Staves in general? Those are weapons that actually need to be upgraded. The abyssal whip is already the best weapon for training if you don't have a chaotic rapier.

Zaryte bow is strongest bow in game...

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Zaryte bow and ccb are already pretty owange. runite cb and dark bow r pretty decent too.
Staff of light and chaotic staff are also pretty epic.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Zantareous
[ Display Name History ]

Zantareous

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 424 posts

The limits of what you create will only really be defined by your imagination.

Zombocom?

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts
merchanting whips= 5m an hour atm

LatinII
[ Display Name History ]

LatinII

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 828 posts
  • RSN:Atrum

Ranged is lacking in general in my opinion. Woop woop I can hit just above 540 on a Slayer task in Kuradal's dungeon with overloads and Rigour. That's really low compared to what a chaotic rapier can hit (660+). There's not even a special attack on the damn thing. Ranged doesn't really have any good special attacks save for Morrigan's weapons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users