01-Jul-2011 - Behind the Scenes � July

Mil

Anyone else think them ending the Sea Slug line smacks of them trying to curtail the amount of open storychains in quests?

Well given around a year ago they made a big announcement about making an effort to finally end storylines and since then we've heard plans of how far the elf storylines and new quest. How far dwarf goes and 2(?) new quests, 2(?) new elemental workshop features. 1 or 2 new gnome quests, a new monkey quest and heaps of motm quests driving towards rotm for the mahjaratt finale. Oh and Zaros story arc showed up progression in a recent quest.

etc. etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if whip upgrade will be sellable or not, and how it will effect pvp.

Also, piss off Jagex, im 1m to 99 attack and after that im getting my crapier and letting my whip take a rest -.-

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

And yay a hand cannon... it's a great weapon but it can blow up.

A zaryte bow degrades, so does every chaotic. Does it really matter in which way you lose the money? at some places, with todays prices, a hand cannon will actually cost less than rapier or the bow.

A handcannon has a bad reliability though, whch chaotics and nex items do have.

I'm looking forward to finally ripping the slug queen a new one, been waiting for a conlusion since I did those quests like 2 yeas ago. Can't say I'm excited about anything else in bts, citadels look ok but I'm not in a clan so... <_<

Bbk.png

Sounds like a solid month, although it could turn out to be great pending rune prayer armor being released and how the citadels turn out. Also it's nice that I just happen to have 91 Slayer... :P

2dgucz6.png

Anyone else think them ending the Sea Slug line smacks of them trying to curtail the amount of open storychains in quests?

Well given around a year ago they made a big announcement about making an effort to finally end storylines and since then we've heard plans of how far the elf storylines and new quest. How far dwarf goes and 2(?) new quests, 2(?) new elemental workshop features. 1 or 2 new gnome quests, a new monkey quest and heaps of motm quests driving towards rotm for the mahjaratt finale. Oh and Zaros story arc showed up progression in a recent quest.

etc. etc.

I know, that's what I mean though. This one just feels a little... abrupt, to me.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

I hope they don't make a fiasco like with the fairy tales...

Are you referring to it's many delays and rewrites to be eventually released as a quest many consider only adequate? Or something else?

I'm glad I got level 91 slayer this week. 8)

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

So what's this servey about?

Evidentially, 19 y/o Austrlian male MMO gamers aren't allowed to participate.

Nothing that important. Some questions about would you be willing to pay for blah blah blah.

Forums were aflame from that for abit, but Nexus explained those were for other projects/no micro transactions for rs.

Are you referring to it's many delays and rewrites to be eventually released as a quest many consider only adequate? Or something else?

Well, you can at least say that the quest didn't really "fit" with the rest of the series. Only stuff about teeth, while being a farming themed series. Also, the fight was laughable to say the least, the "war" between the fairies and the orcs was turned into "me and 3 teethorcs against 3 other orcs and the godfather". There wasn't a lot of flesh in story behind it, apart from introducing the tooth fairy, who dominated the whole quest, letting us do the normal "fetch"tasks.

If you compare that quest to for example te penguin series or the pirate series, you can say at least that a lot potential to make the end glorious, but it didn't.

It was just a major letdown, just like the past two dwarfquests and ofcourse the deadliest catch. You started doing something, and before you could say "Whippersnapper" you have reached the "You have completed this quest"-screen, and your left with that odd feeling that a lot was missing there, plotwise but also on actions.

Having looked at the RSOF, I feel compelled to point out that the whip upgrade offers a new poison effect, as well as a new special attack. The way I see it, the vinewhip is an alternative to the rapier, not a replacement. If you want poision + spec, use your vinewhip, if you want raw DPS, get your rapier (even though dclaws/korasi + rapier will probably be a more potent combo in terms of combining spec and primary weapons :P).

Well, you can at least say that the quest didn't really "fit" with the rest of the series. Only stuff about teeth, while being a farming themed series. Also, the fight was laughable to say the least, the "war" between the fairies and the orcs was turned into "me and 3 teethorcs against 3 other orcs and the godfather". There wasn't a lot of flesh in story behind it, apart from introducing the tooth fairy, who dominated the whole quest, letting us do the normal "fetch"tasks.

If you compare that quest to for example te penguin series or the pirate series, you can say at least that a lot potential to make the end glorious, but it didn't.

It was just a major letdown, just like the past two dwarfquests and ofcourse the deadliest catch. You started doing something, and before you could say "Whippersnapper" you have reached the "You have completed this quest"-screen, and your left with that odd feeling that a lot was missing there, plotwise but also on actions.

Ohhhhh, you were talking about some developer coming up with the Tooth Fairy pun, which isn't too bad on it's own, then running with it and completely screwing up the story. I forgot...

Eq, maybe the special is what poisons? It starts out as like a quarter of the damage you hit. So you hit a 200, it starts out as a 50 poinson damage. That would be cool.

People are making too many ridiculous assumptions about the whip update that we have very little information on and probably won't be released for another two weeks.

This month has potential to have some good updates. It would be nice if a higher tier than proselyte came out with the sea slug quest. And the whip update might give me another excuse to put off training dungeoneering. I never really use the clan system but the citadels look interesting. Kind of looking forward to this month in updates.

Ohhhhh, you were talking about some developer coming up with the Tooth Fairy pun, which isn't too bad on it's own, then running with it and completely screwing up the story. I forgot...

This is my main beef with the newer quests these days. They don't seem to flesh out anything, have a short lifespan, and just when you think you're about to get to the meat of it, the damned "Quest Complete!" screen appears.

Compare, honestly, the Forgettable Tale and the Giant Dwarf to the King of the Dwarves. Giant Dwarf gave us a whole new city that we'd explore during the quest, and the first two quests played out well and had a pretty substantial plot, leaving you with a sense of satisfaction and anticipation at the end. King of the Dwarves just leaves you hanging, wondering where the hell the real developer went.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Looks good to me, but still not interested in citadels that much. Guess I'll wait and see. Too bad I won't be here this month.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Contribute enough to the weekly upkeep of the citadel and you'll find you have access to a clan ring, which gives you a temporary 1.5x multiplier in certain skill tasks about RuneScape.

Seems like if the bonus is decent enough it's going to force people to join a clan. :/

Jadinko Lair sounds like it's going to be a promising update though; I should probably get training to take full advantage of it when it's released.

I would probably wont bother level up slayer, its way slower than dungeoneering.

Not too excited about the clan citadel, many mmos got that already.

Really looking forward for the army axe, sounds awesome on paper.

Really looking forward for the army axe, sounds awesome on paper.

It's apparently going to match its steel equivalents. But hey, I guess combining the tinderbox, needle and chisel will save bankspace.

Inb4 different animations with longer times.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.