Giant Rocks falling from the sky

Andy

I think what you all should do is list where all the rocks fell from and then we will know ecacty where every portal for the citadels will be located at. They mentioned that the citadels will be based all over in key locations for all types if clans.

No they didn't.

They said they'd have things to suit all clan types, but nothing suggests more than 1 portal in.

All odds would suggest one and only portal in will be in clan camp (ignoring possibility of a fairy ring or spell) especially since the rocks have largely fallen in quite awkward locations (cramped already lots of stuff etc.)

From the July BTS:

"Gather five clanmates who have membership and you will be able to complete the portal ritual, gaining entry to your clans very own citadel. Choose from four different layouts before deciding whether you want your citadel to be in glorious sunshine or perpetual night. Banners and flags fly the colours of your clan, and there are dozens of hotspots for you and your clan to make your own."

I repeat start copying locations of the falling rocks.

Hotspots to build features inside the Citadels.

The quoted section clearly implies locations of the citadels. Jagex isn't creative enough with their coding to get past hotspot building.

First sentence after the one you quoted:

Of these hotspots, a maximum of seven are skill-related, allowing you and your clan to train skills together.

Unless you actually mean the skill-locations can only be reached through a certain portal in a certain location on the world map, I have no idea what you're talking about.

priest_wiz.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what you all should do is list where all the rocks fell from and then we will know ecacty where every portal for the citadels will be located at. They mentioned that the citadels will be based all over in key locations for all types if clans.

No they didn't.

They said they'd have things to suit all clan types, but nothing suggests more than 1 portal in.

All odds would suggest one and only portal in will be in clan camp (ignoring possibility of a fairy ring or spell) especially since the rocks have largely fallen in quite awkward locations (cramped already lots of stuff etc.)

From the July BTS:

"Gather five clanmates who have membership and you will be able to complete the portal ritual, gaining entry to your clan’s very own citadel. Choose from four different layouts before deciding whether you want your citadel to be in glorious sunshine or perpetual night. Banners and flags fly the colours of your clan, and there are dozens of hotspots for you and your clan to make your own."

I repeat start copying locations of the falling rocks.

Hotspots to build features inside the Citadels.

The quoted section clearly implies locations of the citadels. Jagex isn't creative enough with their coding to get past hotspot building.

That passage implies hotspots to customise within your citadel.

The entire paragraph is about what there is once you have entered the citadel; context dictates it means dozens of hotspots INSIDE the citadel to customise; same as we have inside poh.

It doesn't remotely suggested citadel locations.

It makes no sense that we'd have "hotspots" to "customise" outside the instanced area of the citadel, I mean we don't have house portal hotspots and nor can we customise them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No portals, we have enough of that. How about tables where you can pick up some Fizzy Lifting Drink and float up? Then to get down you just start burping until ground? :thumbsup:

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

>implying that there will be portals

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Your misunderstanding me. They are saying we have dozens of portal hotspots to claim. For example maybe a mercy clan would have a portal hotspot at the ge. A castlewars clan would have a hotspot at castlewars. A Pling clan would have a hotspot at edgeville.

get it?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Your misunderstanding me. They are saying we have dozens of portal hotspots to claim. For example maybe a mercy clan would have a portal hotspot at the ge. A castlewars clan would have a hotspot at castlewars. A Pling clan would have a hotspot at edgeville.

get it?

Your misunderstanding: NOTHING says portal hotspots. The ONLY reference to hotspots is talking about INSIDE the citadels.

No-one disputed that there may indeed be many portal locations (i did include my personal thoughts that there will be only one but did not say this was a written fact); people only pointed out jagex has made NO reference to multiple portal hotspots as you claim.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What Sy Said.

If it would make you happy, here's a list. To be updated as more are confirmed.

- Lumbridge courtyard

- Grand Exchange

- Edgeville

- Duel Arena

- Catherby beach

- Falador

- Ectofuntus

- Mobilising Armies

- Daemonheim

- Castle Wars

- Piscatoris bank

11 locations.

priest_wiz.png

Maybe the places of the broken pieces will be connected with the citadels themselves? I mean: I can't see me travelling always tot the clan camp every time I want to visit my citadel. So we get some portals there to teleport right to it, seeing as the rocks fell right next to some popular places as GE, Duel Arena, Edge, Lumy, CW and Daemonheim.

Someone note all rock landing sites on map? Center of them may be the location.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Hm I reread a couple areas and I think I am wrong. I can't help but think that there will be multiple portals to get there though.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hm I reread a couple areas and I think I am wrong. I can't help but think that there will be multiple portals to get there though.

No-one seems to have mentioned it, but there's a very easy teleport to the Clan Camp, activated by wielding your Vexilium and right-clicking it.

2dgucz6.png

No-one seems to have mentioned it, but there's a very easy teleport to the Clan Camp, activated by wielding your Vexilium and right-clicking it.

See thats not so bad for a general access portal, but clans tend to focus on certain aspects of the game and having your citadel portal close by seems like a logical move on jagex part. For example having DGS clan portal at daemonhiem would be a great idea. So if clans weren't doing an event right away clans could be nearby working on the clan citadel while waiting to get their xp multiplier rings.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'd expect a basic citadel teleport, possible a fairy ring or spirit tree hotspot in upper levels.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'd expect a basic citadel teleport, possible a fairy ring or spirit tree hotspot in upper levels.

I hope they actually implement those. I think having a somewhat universal travel option for the citadel would be great. They did it for the ge so why not the citadels.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

See thats not so bad for a general access portal, but clans tend to focus on certain aspects of the game and having your citadel portal close by seems like a logical move on jagex part. For example having DGS clan portal at daemonhiem would be a great idea. So if clans weren't doing an event right away clans could be nearby working on the clan citadel while waiting to get their xp multiplier rings.

The idea of having a clan portal at daemonheim sounds great - I hope they do that.

C1Geq.png

Considering the variety of the locations perhaps it's the variety of the themes available for the citadels?

For POH, we have different housing styles (brick, wooden, etc) and different environmental themes based on the location your house is in. Say if it's in the desert, you would have a desert instead of grass.

j0xPu5R.png

Made a good amount of cash from this teaser. Was just standing at the rock in GE, shouting "selling huge rock, 15m", and someone really traded it to me. XD

A few more of this and hellooo 99 herblore. :D

So you scammed someone?

LOL

Considering your clan has to perform a ritual to open the portal to your Citadel, I think somehow opening up the rocks to unlock a portal would be fitting. You'd have to go to all eleven locations with at least five members to open them all up. Sounds reasonable, imo.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I hope they actually implement those. I think having a somewhat universal travel option for the citadel would be great. They did it for the ge so why not the citadels.

Don't forget MA :rolleyes:

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Eh....

strangerockincatherby.png

Their solution to botting? Nuke everyone within touching distance of a bot. I like the idea.

edit

Wait this might work. Can you walk through it? If you can't and it messes with the path finder like barrels and statues do in dg then it might actually be a decent way to hunt down bots.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!