Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Giant Rocks falling from the sky

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

I reckon (if this does relate to clan citadels) these rubble piles will be where the "portal ritual" is done though obviously there'd be 1 special 1 at clan camp probably for it.

Would be kinda cool if for the portal ritual we got a cut scene of the five players doing it jumping onto the rock as it wiggles about then it shooting up.
Then load citadel area and we see various chunks of ruin flying up to form the island as we have restored its magic.

Now, while that would be cool... Lower your standards and expectations a little. This is Jagex we're talking about, remember. :P.

Yeah, pretty much expect to see a little cut scene where we use some magic to make the rocks float back into the sky (really just float off screen for us) then we use our magic to make a portal, and that's how we'll get to the citadels. Just a simple portal like we use to get to our houses. :thumbdown:
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Dark Dude
My friend somehow (I call hax) got it on video. He's fail with videos and made me upload it for him.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
I think what you all should do is list where all the rocks fell from and then we will know ecacty where every portal for the citadels will be located at. They mentioned that the citadels will be based all over in key locations for all types if clans.

I'm smart I know. No need to point that out. List please?!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I think what you all should do is list where all the rocks fell from and then we will know ecacty where every portal for the citadels will be located at. They mentioned that the citadels will be based all over in key locations for all types if clans.

No they didn't.
They said they'd have things to suit all clan types, but nothing suggests more than 1 portal in.
All odds would suggest one and only portal in will be in clan camp (ignoring possibility of a fairy ring or spell) especially since the rocks have largely fallen in quite awkward locations (cramped already lots of stuff etc.)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,452 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Interesting trend Jagex has going right now, for each of their major updates (ritual and citadels) they got teasers.

Will this mean that every major update (quest finale, major update, new skill) will have some sort of ingame teaser?

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Interesting trend Jagex has going right now, for each of their major updates (ritual and citadels) they got teasers.

Will this mean that every major update (quest finale, major update, new skill) will have some sort of ingame teaser?

We've been getting teasers for the big updates for years.

Moravio turned up pre-WGS
Dark Squall was about for ages pre-bork and pre-wgs
The whole summoning hype.
The mysterious power for dg
Ghost voices in wildy pre-corp beast quests
Cute creatures before a gnome quest
all the chaos elemental hints.
the lsit goes on.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

No they didn't.
They said they'd have things to suit all clan types, but nothing suggests more than 1 portal in.
All odds would suggest one and only portal in will be in clan camp (ignoring possibility of a fairy ring or spell) especially since the rocks have largely fallen in quite awkward locations (cramped already lots of stuff etc.)

From the July BTS:
"Gather five clanmates who have membership and you will be able to complete the portal ritual, gaining entry to your clan’s very own citadel. Choose from four different layouts before deciding whether you want your citadel to be in glorious sunshine or perpetual night. Banners and flags fly the colours of your clan, and there are dozens of hotspots for you and your clan to make your own."

I repeat start copying locations of the falling rocks.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Misterknowitall
[ Display Name History ]

Misterknowitall

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  • RSN:Priest Wiz
  • Clan:The Caped Carousers

No they didn't.

From the July BTS:
"Gather five clanmates who have membership and you will be able to complete the portal ritual, gaining entry to your clan’s very own citadel. Choose from four different layouts before deciding whether you want your citadel to be in glorious sunshine or perpetual night. Banners and flags fly the colours of your clan, and there are dozens of hotspots for you and your clan to make your own."

Hotspots to build features inside the Citadels.

spooferfish
[ Display Name History ]

spooferfish

Crimson 'n' Gold

• Members
  • 3,783 posts
  • RSN:Spooferfish
  • RSN2:Qdoba
  • Clan:OCM
This almost makes me wish I was active in a clan...

35b9enp.jpg

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

No they didn't.

From the July BTS:

The quoted section clearly implies locations of the citadels. Jagex isn't creative enough with their coding to get past hotspot building.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

DRUMINATOR17
[ Display Name History ]

DRUMINATOR17

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

This almost makes me wish I was active in a clan...

IKR! (well I mean I am...but...)

IT does seem like this has some serious potential to be one of if not their best update of the year, as they mentioned earlier.

However, I do know that Jagex is pretty good at letting us all down and what not, so I am not gonna jump on that train just yet. ^

Though I sure can't lie, I am really wanting to, just looking at this teaser and teasers of old plus the mention of how many codes and animations they are talking of adding to the citidal stuff..
CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK
Posted Image
Posted Image
List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...

Misterknowitall
[ Display Name History ]

Misterknowitall

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,875 posts

No they didn't.

From the July BTS:

The quoted section clearly implies locations of the citadels. Jagex isn't creative enough with their coding to get past hotspot building.

First sentence after the one you quoted:

Of these hotspots, a maximum of seven are skill-related, allowing you and your clan to train skills together.

Unless you actually mean the skill-locations can only be reached through a certain portal in a certain location on the world map, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

No they didn't.

From the July BTS:

That passage implies hotspots to customise within your citadel.
The entire paragraph is about what there is once you have entered the citadel; context dictates it means dozens of hotspots INSIDE the citadel to customise; same as we have inside poh.
It doesn't remotely suggested citadel locations.

It makes no sense that we'd have "hotspots" to "customise" outside the instanced area of the citadel, I mean we don't have house portal hotspots and nor can we customise them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

summer_sleep
[ Display Name History ]

summer_sleep

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • RSN:Summer Sleep

*cough* Columbia *cough*

Posted Image

yo kids wheres mah daemonheim

Deathknell
[ Display Name History ]

Deathknell

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Deathknell
No portals, we have enough of that. How about tables where you can pick up some Fizzy Lifting Drink and float up? Then to get down you just start burping until ground? :thumbsup:
I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

GlowinRedM
[ Display Name History ]

GlowinRedM

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 629 posts
>implying that there will be portals
Posted Image

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesn’t even have any friends.

Other Quotes

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
Your misunderstanding me. They are saying we have dozens of portal hotspots to claim. For example maybe a mercy clan would have a portal hotspot at the ge. A castlewars clan would have a hotspot at castlewars. A Pling clan would have a hotspot at edgeville.

get it?

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Deathknell
[ Display Name History ]

Deathknell

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Deathknell
Even if that is so, the concept of a portal is a bit overused now. I'd love something original and maybe a bit humorous too.
I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Your misunderstanding me. They are saying we have dozens of portal hotspots to claim. For example maybe a mercy clan would have a portal hotspot at the ge. A castlewars clan would have a hotspot at castlewars. A Pling clan would have a hotspot at edgeville.

get it?

Your misunderstanding: NOTHING says portal hotspots. The ONLY reference to hotspots is talking about INSIDE the citadels.

No-one disputed that there may indeed be many portal locations (i did include my personal thoughts that there will be only one but did not say this was a written fact); people only pointed out jagex has made NO reference to multiple portal hotspots as you claim.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Misterknowitall
[ Display Name History ]

Misterknowitall

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
What Sy Said.

If it would make you happy, here's a list. To be updated as more are confirmed.

- Lumbridge courtyard
- Grand Exchange
- Edgeville
- Duel Arena
- Catherby beach
- Falador
- Ectofuntus
- Mobilising Armies
- Daemonheim
- Castle Wars
- Piscatoris bank

11 locations.