Giant Rocks falling from the sky

Andy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barrels in dungeoneering block you off for a few seconds when you are trying to run through a room then allows you to go around (sometimes), if this does it too it could potentially freeze the bot where its at

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Barrels in dungeoneering block you off for a few seconds when you are trying to run through a room then allows you to go around (sometimes), if this does it too it could potentially freeze the bot where its at

It would work very well, but only if the bots act impatiantly.

With the pathfinding update, blocking got changed so that your character runs around the obstacle if it's blocked for a few seconds.

Well, at least we can't accuse Jagex of not testing their updates before they release them.

I lol'd....in real life :(

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Firedruid321: The connection is that they tend to fall at places where there's a lot of people... :P

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Most of the locations seem to be important hubs of some sort, save maybe Piscartoris - that one location is generally more tedious to reach.

The Castle Wars rock, though - what on earth is with that, right in the middle of a game?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Most of the locations seem to be important hubs of some sort, save maybe Piscartoris - that one location is generally more tedious to reach.

The Castle Wars rock, though - what on earth is with that, right in the middle of a game?

They were testing an anti-idle security measure.

Let's see anybody try to afk after a house falls on them.

8f14270694.jpg

But its a hub of fishing and summoning training and hunting and you get some miners. Quieter than most in terms of player density but there's usually 20 or so people around that area long term

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Was fishing in catherby when those things fell, like three steps away from me. If i wasn't lucky enough it might have fallen on me...Looks exiting too.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Was fishing in catherby when those things fell, like three steps away from me. If i wasn't lucky enough it might have fallen on me...Looks exiting too.

I've heard vague reports that the small falling rock stage made the area un-enter-able (as they are now) and also triggered players to automatically move out of the area

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

A very cool update teaser in my opinion. The first time I saw these giant rocks earlier today at the GE I was VERY surprised. I thought it was some kind of strange bug first.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

The game is literally collapsing around us [/sceptic]

Anyways, personal opinion - don't care for clans, in it for the sake of having easy communication with my closest friends. BUT this thing could be cool, I dunno. Personally I'd rather they used their development team to do something better, but what the hey? I'm not the boss of a multi-million pound company that has won awards, so what do I know?

At any rate.... Bit early isn't it? Shouldn't these things have landed in like 2 weeks time? Or could we all have our wires crossed and Mother Mallium drops penis (read: slug) shaped rocks on us in the next quest?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

i feel that each clan will have its own teleport. the rock location will be used as where they can be chosen, like POH.

im really lookin forward to this update!

LOL invite? PM me :)

nosailing.png

Maxed Kitten.png

Made a good amount of cash from this teaser. Was just standing at the rock in GE, shouting "selling huge rock, 15m", and someone really traded it to me. XD

A few more of this and hellooo 99 herblore. :D

So you scammed someone?

Not really, he knew I was joking about the thingy, I was standing next to the rock for about an hour joking about (it being my best friend Pete, coming over from the rockdimension etc). It was just for the giggles, and that appears to be why he gave it to me, I offered to give it back to him. But he declined, so I guess he just gave it because he liked my talking. :P

But maybe I shouldn't have brought this up, looking neutrally at it, it indeed seems scamming. :/

I'll admit, Jagex is getting classier with their ingame teasers. What I can't fathom is the rock in the middle of castlewars, it almost completely blows the idea of the rocks forming the ritual locations out of the water, even though most of the other locations support that theory.

Maybe they're just rocks, and the ritual locations will arrive separately. I can imagine the possibility of Citadels falling out of the sky being an important plot point for future quests. If I was a villian, that's how I'd wreck the world.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

im pretty sure there for clan citadel, i really wanna join a clan now for that.

reminds me of Guild Halls from Guild Wars, that [cabbage] was sickkk

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

I'll admit, Jagex is getting classier with their ingame teasers. What I can't fathom is the rock in the middle of castlewars, it almost completely blows the idea of the rocks forming the ritual locations out of the water, even though most of the other locations support that theory.

Maybe they're just rocks, and the ritual locations will arrive separately. I can imagine the possibility of Citadels falling out of the sky being an important plot point for future quests. If I was a villian, that's how I'd wreck the world.

Or as in Utopia, the flying island that could be used to crush the land underneath it to show its supremacy. :P

Jagex joke? :rolleyes: Do we really need rocks falling from the sky "hinting" to a update that has already been announced, when we're still being overran by bots. Wonderful prioritizing. <_<

Do we really need people complaining about bots on discussions that have nothing to do with them? Plenty of relevant threads to vent your frustration.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Jagex joke? :rolleyes: Do we really need rocks falling from the sky "hinting" to a update that has already been announced, when we're still being overran by bots. Wonderful prioritizing. <_<

I'm going to create a special thread for how articulate bots are... I'll have it posted hopefully in a half hour. Maybe someone with some knowledge on how to handle games such as these could offer some advice to halting bots.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

i feel that each clan will have its own teleport. the rock location will be used as where they can be chosen, like POH.

Would be a plausible idea, but...

A teleport in the middle of a Castle War game?

ib7rVm.png