Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

The musician's thread

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,009 posts
I played clarinet for about 7 years :thumbup:

77yLQy8.png

Kalphite
[ Display Name History ]

Kalphite

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,232 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:kalphiteman4
I'm primarily a drummer. I've been playing concert percussion for 7 years and drum set for 3.5 and currently take lessons. This past year I played in my school's wind ensemble, and next year I will be in jazz band. Right now I'm working on latin drumming to get ready for jazz band, and some of the coordination things are killing me. I know this will make me a much better drummer though. I also am center snare for my school's drumline, so I've been working on some marching band music as well, but that's a lot easier for me at this point. I also tried out for one of my friend's bands, and as the auditions were open I'm pretty sure I made it in, though I won't know until after their last show with their current lineup.

I also play a bit of bass guitar, though not nearly well enough as would be suggested by how long I've owned one xD. I've had my bass for two years now, and I play random Muse and Rage Against the Machine songs, but I don't really have much incentive to play without taking lessons and without any sort of people to play with. It's fun though.

I'm starting to get more into singing lately. I'm starting on vocal lessons soon, as I want to be able to get a lead role in the musical this upcoming year (I already am a pretty decent singer, but I know lessons will make for dramatic improvement).

I also own an acoustic guitar, but the action is so high on it that it hurts abnormally much to play and I've been too lazy to go out and get it fixed, so it's been collecting dust. I also used to play viola, but that only lasted 2.5 years before I quit that because of a bad teacher. I deeply regret stopping now, but I don't have enough interest to actually buy a viola, so I deal with it.

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I play bass guitar. Occasionally I'll pick up a guitar and practice on it, but I just feel much more comfortable and talented on the bass. I have to be the world's worst drummer though.

iNeppg
[ Display Name History ]

iNeppg

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Neppg
  • Clan:HYT
In corp por, resurrection! Wake up all musicians!

I'm a guitarist myself (electric guitar). Been playing for about 9 years now (rounded up of course *ahem*), since I was 14. Nowadays I don't learn any new songs really, except for our band's songs, and usually when I pick up my guitar I'll just start writing my own material and work out riffs and write them down.

I still enjoy playing as much as enjoyed when I first started, maybe even more now that my knowledge of music is wider. Nowadays I play very progressive music, mainly metal.
Posted Image

Distracted
[ Display Name History ]

Distracted

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  • RSN:A Real Fool
Oh hey, welcome back thread.

I play the guitar, have been doing it for about a year and a half now, and some drums, though I don't actually have one of my own. Oh well, a table and some imagination make for a decent substitute :P

And now I do have my own (electric) drum set. :razz:

Sally
[ Display Name History ]

Sally

Website Crew

• Members
  • 910 posts
I'm tempted to start getting some official Singing/Music Theory grades. Anyone else ever studied for those?

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB
I play the euphonium, got to love that low brass sound right?
This is a video of me playing my beautiful euph.

Been playing euphonium for about eight years now, and I dare to say I am pretty good at it. No where near what I want to be but everyday I do get better :thumbup:

To the poster above me, I am taking music theory in college and I actually enjoy it. I am the last music theory (Music theory IV) and at the moment I have a A- in it.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Aeon_
[ Display Name History ]

Aeon_

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • RSN:Abudino1234
  • RSN2:Man tshirt
I'm OKAY at guitar. Me and a couple of friends have started a band, but we're stuck on names. Painted Zebra sounds like a silly name doesn't it? :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users