How to train Dungeoneering?

Dusk Souls

How should I train dungeoneering? Do I just try to solo the dungeons or use other sources of XP (Penguin points, Tears of Guthix, XP lamps?)

Dusk%20Soul.png

I did all my dung by actually dunging. I think it's a better idea to spend points to maybe level 20 and then to actually start doing it. That way, you start gaining tokens properly (so you can get a lower level reward if you want, I got scroll of cleansing) and you gain experience (not experience points) so that you have a good base for when you start teaming.

I solo. But that's personal preference.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Why someone who is 58 dungeoneering is qualified to give this advice is beyond me...

Anyway. As others have pointed out, penguin points and TOG is a good way to get started. The xp you receive from each dungeon grows exponentially. The other thing I would add would be to open the resource dungeons available to you as soon as possible. I would also recommend soloing some just to get a feel for things. Learn the very basics.

vettro.png

Why someone who is 58 dungeoneering is qualified to give this advice is beyond me...

Anyway. As others have pointed out, penguin points and TOG is a good way to get started. The xp you receive from each dungeon grows exponentially. The other thing I would add would be to open the resource dungeons available to you as soon as possible. I would also recommend soloing some just to get a feel for things. Learn the very basics.

Ah elitism. Offer your opinion on dung without 80+ and you're unqualified automatically, eh?

I would also recommend soloing some just to get a feel for things. Learn the very basics.

Which is what I suggested...

PM me for fitocracy invite

No, but in the long run your advice is horrible.

Pengs, tears and lamps will get you 65+ dung in less then a month. Then poke around with teams and eventually come to DGS.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Some may think that, but it doesn't mean I'm not qualified to give advice.

Actually, it does.

You're wrong. He can give dg advice. This isn't the DGS thread. Anyone can reply about DGing here. I agree with his advice nor is his advice bad in the long-run.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Okay OP, then you can go with the slower route or try the faster route. Your choice.

Fire has a personal issue with DGS. It's not a bad clan though if you are willing to learn and take criticism.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

There's nothing wrong with the advice he gave. Just using lamps/TOG/Penguin points on DG to get to 60 would take quite a while because both TOG and Penguins are weekly. Not to mention that the exp given at lower levels is pretty low. Unless OP is willing to unload some quest reward lamps on DG (some have level limits, such as only on skills >30), he's not going to get there fast, and definately not in less than a month.

Such uncalled for hostility.

Staurolite.png

Some may think that, but it doesn't mean I'm not qualified to give advice.

Actually, it does.

You're wrong. He can give dg advice. This isn't the DGS thread. Anyone can reply about DGing here. I agree with his advice nor is his advice bad in the long-run.

Go look up the definition of qualified. I never said he couldn't give advice, I just implied his advice was bad.

Just because anyone can reply about dging doesn't mean they should post terrible advice, sorry. :rolleyes:

^

As it should be.

Leveling to 60 should be done with...

1.Penguin Points

2.Experience Lamps

3.Tears of Guthix

4.Fremminik Saga's

5.Unlocking Resource Dungeons

6.Troll Invasion exp book

After that do some solo complexity six smalls to get a feel for it, read some guides on terminology/strategy, and then solo to 70. From there join DGS.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Why are people with like 90-110 Dungeoneering calling others low levelled and using it as an excuse to invalidate their advice?

Why do people constantly question others, and are as bad as the people they question because by saying that level 90-110 Dungeoneerers cannot give advice, they are acting in exactly the same way as the people that they condemn who think that level 60 Dungeoneerers cannot give advice, making them look like a hypocrite?

And why does everyone always speak in rhetoric in this forum because they cannot seem to grasp the nuances of conversation?

And why do people who have a grudge against a certain institution go out of their way to interject themselves into arguments that are really none of their issue, just because they have a personal vendetta?

And why am I even still in this thread?

4 questions I always wanted to answer.

OT: Nomrombom, your advice was correct, all that was called into question was your right to give it. Just take the high road, and don't even get baited. You should only be told off if you give wrong advice.

I'd personally say to get 50 Dungeoneering through EXP rewards, and then solo to 60 Dungeoneering.

That way you can get used to working with 2 binds and have a decent pool of floors to select from, which gives you experience fighting multiple styles of monsters in multiple themes.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Why is everyone suggesting that he should use dgs?

Dgs caters to people that want to be efficient and finish floors quickly, and it also caters to people that want to become better and eventually get 120 dungeoneering and not just people that want to get their first/second chaotic.

You can't automatically assume the intentions and goals of the OP from the little information he provided.

Why is everyone suggesting that he should use dgs?

Dgs caters to people that want to be efficient and finish floors quickly, and it also caters to people that want to become better and eventually get 120 dungeoneering and not just people that want to get their first/second chaotic.

You can't automatically assume the intentions and goals of the OP from the little information he provided.

I dont think anyone brought up joining DGS (apart from a little side note from Nifflin,) or DGS at all for that matter, apart from the disgruntled people who tried to use the fact that the people that were providing advice were DGS members as an insult.

This thread was always just about OP getting 60 DG, and DGS cannot really help there.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Why are people with like 90-110 Dungeoneering calling others low levelled and using it as an excuse to invalidate their advice?

Why do people constantly question others, and are as bad as the people they question because by saying that level 90-110 Dungeoneerers cannot give advice, they are acting in exactly the same way as the people that they condemn who think that level 60 Dungeoneerers cannot give advice, making them look like a hypocrite?

I was merely stating that they're not high levelled themselves, and therefore calling others low levelled is ridiculous.

10xy5fk.png

Dear god people, the OP's asked a legitimate question. Answer it to the best of your ability and leave. You gain nothing from trying to cast doubt on the integrity of fellow posters.

I would recommend keeping an eye out for when any resource dungeons become available, and discover them immediately. A lot of things that give XP give you more of it at higher levels, including actually Dungeoneering, and opening up resource dungeons gives you enough XP to effectively skip a few levels and get you the bigger XP rates as soon as possible.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

OK, sorry for not answering before; but I am used to get replies to my mail and since I didn't received any thing I figured out the thread died before starting, glad to see I was wrong.

So it seems the general consensus is to use penguin points and tears of guthix, hmmm seems I have a bit of questing to do; but I have one other question, didn't ToG gave xp to your lowest leveld skill or can you select? Like with the XP lamps?

Again thanks, for everything

Dusk%20Soul.png