Ask Jagex About Clan Citadels! - ANSWERS!

tripsis

Will there be methods of getting to other group activities for your clan in the citadel (such as stealing creation) or a portal room similar to that of a POH that leads to things some people do in a group (such as Trollheim tele for GWD)?

Will there be a bank available (like a bank chest or a travelleing banker such as Eniola at ZMI)? What about a "clan bank" where people can store stuff for anyone in the clan to use or a possible in-clan loan system based there?

Also I think as asked before, can you put together a dungeoneering party there?

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in the clan will be allowed to make changes to the citadel, and do you have any measures in place to stop a player from griefing their clan's citadel?

Only admins+ will be able to make the changes to the citadel.

New question: Will we be able to build a pub or longhall in the Citadels?

priest_wiz.png

Will this be the last major clan update for a while? You've had quite a few lately. Maybe take a break?

Year of clan updates, so that's unlikely.

Yes, but I meant major ones, i.e. Citadels, camps, etc. I know we'll have more events and crap.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

It's been said that citadels range from tier 1 to tier 7

Does this mean the level requirements for each tier are 10-70? or are the level requirements higher?

Are there plans to implement day-night in other parts of runescape, other than citadels in the future?

Naaxi.png

I can do that in the clan leaders forum. :3

They rarely give any good information in the Clan leader forums. They seem to be more willing to answer questions with the big interviews like these ones with Fan sites.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

What examples of features will be found in the Clan Citadel (city, really, if the size of it is as big as I think it is)...

Will there be the ability to build a bank, perhaps even a GE branche? How about 'normal' stuff like farm patches, cooking ranges or fish puddles?

Also, how much time will roughtly need to be spent by everyone (suppose everyone has all skills 80) for the weekly upkeep? And how much time roughly to get that 1.5x xp ring?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

hmm i hope these questions of mine are answered:

1. Do you plan on releasing any content within citadels that can be unlocked such as POH portals/ Guilded altars but for citadels?

2. Why is this not offered to large non member clans? perhaps there should be a much higher person requirement for those who are not members.

3. will we finally see skybox's used in the clan citadels?

4. What were some of the pro's vs con's that jagex had on the clan citadel topic

5. Will we see every existing skill in the game involved in these clan citadels

6. Will the base land layout be similar to a POH *a large square of green that you can then customize*

OTMSigXD.png

1. Can we visit other clan's citadels?

2. Who can make changes to the citadel? Is a certain rank required, and what are the restrictions?

3. I heard the word "upkeep" being used. Does this mean out citadels will fall into disrepair if kept unattended for too long?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The member size requirement for clan citadel tier progression favours large clans over small clans. While it should be recognized that larger clans take more effort and difficulty managing, similar progression in the guilds of other mmorpgs show that this type of system tends to cause people to flock to larger clans since smaller clans who do not want a massive population are being locked out of progression. It also causes tremendous difficulties for fledgeling guilds to start up.

How much will people who prefer being in smaller clans be penalized in terms of content? I.E. How big of a difference will we see between the bonuses offered by the tiers? Will it come down to a choice between a small group of friends and being able to progress one's citadel? Why not base progression via collective time invested instead so smaller clans can progress, while still allowing larger clans an advantage?

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

The member size requirement for clan citadel tier progression favours large clans over small clans. While it should be recognized that larger clans take more effort and difficulty managing, similar progression in the guilds of other mmorpgs show that this type of system tends to cause people to flock to larger clans since smaller clans who do not want a massive population are being locked out of progression. It also causes tremendous difficulties for fledgeling guilds to start up.

How much will people who prefer being in smaller clans be penalized in terms of content? I.E. How big of a difference will we see between the bonuses offered by the tiers? Will it come down to a choice between a small group of friends and being able to progress one's citadel? Why not base progression via collective time invested instead so smaller clans can progress, while still allowing larger clans an advantage?

This is exactly what I was thinking. It should just become improved by the clan members building the citadel and be maintained in a similar manner.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

^that

In all honesty, what you guys would want, is a removal of the cap on how much a person can contribute to his clan's citadel...

I am completely 100% for this!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

One thing I'm interesed in, is with the latest DEV Blog aabout the Citadels, Are we able to skill NORMALLY on our Citadel, like aside from working on the citadel to keep it in one piece, can we still train our normal skills like cooking or smithing etc without EXP penalties? Basically it'd be like any other training of those skills in RS, but on our Citadel with our friends.

Popoto.~<3

Since the Devblog answered my old ones, this ^

Why are you making it require over 7 weeks to get a tier 7 citadel?

One of the 3BO leaders, I think Lemar, was talking about how they said this in the clan leader forums.

I think this is how they extend playability of their content.

Remember Livid Farm?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Why are you making it require over 7 weeks to get a tier 7 citadel?

One of the 3BO leaders, I think Lemar, was talking about how they said this in the clan leader forums.

I think this is how they extend playability of their content.

Remember Livid Farm?

I think you're right, and it's a really [cabbage]ty way of doing things.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.