Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ask Jagex About Clan Citadels! - ANSWERS!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

SlayerMalk
[ Display Name History ]

SlayerMalk

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 727 posts
hmm i hope these questions of mine are answered:

1. Do you plan on releasing any content within citadels that can be unlocked such as POH portals/ Guilded altars but for citadels?

2. Why is this not offered to large non member clans? perhaps there should be a much higher person requirement for those who are not members.

3. will we finally see skybox's used in the clan citadels?

4. What were some of the pro's vs con's that jagex had on the clan citadel topic

5. Will we see every existing skill in the game involved in these clan citadels

6. Will the base land layout be similar to a POH *a large square of green that you can then customize*
Posted Image

Cheefoo
[ Display Name History ]

Cheefoo

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,811 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Cheefoo
  • Clan:HYT
1. Can we visit other clan's citadels?
2. Who can make changes to the citadel? Is a certain rank required, and what are the restrictions?
3. I heard the word "upkeep" being used. Does this mean out citadels will fall into disrepair if kept unattended for too long?
Posted Image
I LOVE MY STATION

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101
00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Iglw
[ Display Name History ]

Iglw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • RSN:Iglw
  • Clan:The Order of Cabbage
The member size requirement for clan citadel tier progression favours large clans over small clans. While it should be recognized that larger clans take more effort and difficulty managing, similar progression in the guilds of other mmorpgs show that this type of system tends to cause people to flock to larger clans since smaller clans who do not want a massive population are being locked out of progression. It also causes tremendous difficulties for fledgeling guilds to start up.

How much will people who prefer being in smaller clans be penalized in terms of content? I.E. How big of a difference will we see between the bonuses offered by the tiers? Will it come down to a choice between a small group of friends and being able to progress one's citadel? Why not base progression via collective time invested instead so smaller clans can progress, while still allowing larger clans an advantage?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Junkmutt
[ Display Name History ]

Junkmutt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Location:"I'm an Oregon homeboy where the sun don't shine much, but when it does we appreciate it."
  • RSN:Junkmatt

The member size requirement for clan citadel tier progression favours large clans over small clans. While it should be recognized that larger clans take more effort and difficulty managing, similar progression in the guilds of other mmorpgs show that this type of system tends to cause people to flock to larger clans since smaller clans who do not want a massive population are being locked out of progression. It also causes tremendous difficulties for fledgeling guilds to start up.

How much will people who prefer being in smaller clans be penalized in terms of content? I.E. How big of a difference will we see between the bonuses offered by the tiers? Will it come down to a choice between a small group of friends and being able to progress one's citadel? Why not base progression via collective time invested instead so smaller clans can progress, while still allowing larger clans an advantage?

This is exactly what I was thinking. It should just become improved by the clan members building the citadel and be maintained in a similar manner.
Drops

Ts_Stormrage
[ Display Name History ]

Ts_Stormrage

A storm is coming...

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,747 posts
^that

In all honesty, what you guys would want, is a removal of the cap on how much a person can contribute to his clan's citadel...

I am completely 100% for this!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
One thing I'm interesed in, is with the latest DEV Blog aabout the Citadels, Are we able to skill NORMALLY on our Citadel, like aside from working on the citadel to keep it in one piece, can we still train our normal skills like cooking or smithing etc without EXP penalties? Basically it'd be like any other training of those skills in RS, but on our Citadel with our friends.

Popoto.~<3

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

Since the Devblog answered my old ones, this ^

muuuuuuuuuu
[ Display Name History ]

muuuuuuuuuu

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • RSN:muuuuuuuuuu
Why are you making it require over 7 weeks to get a tier 7 citadel?

One of the 3BO leaders, I think Lemar, was talking about how they said this in the clan leader forums.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

One of the 3BO leaders, I think Lemar, was talking about how they said this in the clan leader forums.

I think this is how they extend playability of their content.
Remember Livid Farm?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Nifflin
[ Display Name History ]

Nifflin

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • RSN:Nifflin
  • RSN2:Runnersdie

I think this is how they extend playability of their content.
Remember Livid Farm?

I think you're right, and it's a really [cabbage]ty way of doing things.

PM me in game anytime

Normalize
[ Display Name History ]

Normalize

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:NormaIize
Can other clans pillage and invade other citadels?

Can citadels be visited by guests?
Posted Image

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Can other clans pillage and invade other citadels?

Can citadels be visited by guests?

Pillage, I hope not.

Visit, that WOULD be nice.

Popoto.~<3

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis
ANSWERS!

The answers to your questions have been featured in this month's Tip.It Times: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=646
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

Q: How much is the Construction skill involved, and are there features that aren't purely decorative that require levels higher than 75 in that skill?

A: Not at all!

Aww. :(

~ W ~

Posted Image

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis

Q: How much is the Construction skill involved, and are there features that aren't purely decorative that require levels higher than 75 in that skill?

A: Not at all!

Aww. :(

Yeah I was a little disappointed to :P I'd love to have a big new construction update.
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

DeEliteOne
[ Display Name History ]

DeEliteOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • RSN:De Elite One
  • RSN '07:Footlong
  • Clan:Primacy
After reading the new Times I'm actually quite excited for the citadel update. I actually hadn't really though about how massive it could be until this Q&A. :thumbsup:

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
And this is just to start. I'm sure they'll be adding more options to the citadels in future updates. It almost makes me want to become a member...almost. :wink:

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
  • RSN:Stev Peifer
So you couldn't ask Jagex my question on the first page:
Will clan citadels be similar to the new fight caves (Where friends from different worlds can all join the same citadel), or will clan-mates have to be in the same world?

Yet you managed to squeeze a few of these ones in:
Will we be able to have our own cabbage patches on the citadel?

Well done, TIF. You've done it again.

09144a99bb.png

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt
rings provide a boost to summoning? :thumbdown:
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

So you couldn't ask Jagex my question on the first page:
Will clan citadels be similar to the new fight caves (Where friends from different worlds can all join the same citadel), or will clan-mates have to be in the same world?

Yet you managed to squeeze a few of these ones in:
Will we be able to have our own cabbage patches on the citadel?

Well done, TIF. You've done it again.

I'm pretty sure the answer to your question was common knowledge, though. It always was going to be on instanced worlds. We've often complained before about them answering such questions at the expense of more informative ones, so actually I'd say they did the right thing.

~ W ~

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users