05-Jul-2011 - Salt in the Wound

Tim

05-Jul-2011 – Salt in the Wound

“Though few questioned it, the unnatural sluggishness of that littoral settlement was an omen of vile significance. Never did I witness a more harrowing affair than in Witchaven, by the cruel water’s edge.”

The Temple Knights have long been at war with Mother Mallum and her mind-controlled minions, but after a recent breakthrough a solution is within sight. Somewhere within the labyrinthine chambers of Daemonheim a creature dwells, whose very essence is capable of disrupting the Slug Queen’s powers... but this isn’t a mission that can be faced alone.

With a more grown-up outlook on life and greater control over his abilities, Kennith will eagerly add his magic to your arsenal. The hygienically challenged Ezekial also returns, this time with a bit more bang! Finally, we have the fresh face and strong sword-arm of the Temple Knight Eva Cashien, who is keen to live up to the family name and to prove herself in battle.

Join forces, issue orders and work together with these heroes, taking the fight from the fishing platform where it all started to the slimy doorstep of the sea slugs. Infiltrate the newly surfaced Slug Citadel, and come face to face with Witchaven’s dreadful puppeteer.

If you can successfully achieve resolution in this, the last quest in the Sea Slug series, you’ll gain access to an increase in bound ammo storage within Daemonheim... as well as the XP, of course.

Mod Trick

Runescape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to start Salt In The Wound:

Talk to Kennith in the east of the Daemonheim peninsula.

Requirements to start Salt In The Wound:

60 Defence

50 Constitution

47 Herblore

45 Summoning

35 Dungeoneering

Kennith's Concerns

In other news...

Members will have the opportunity to acquire their very own Dwarven Army Axe, a marvellous article of dwarven engineering that can serve as a needle, a chisel, a pickaxe, a hatchet, a tinderbox and even a weapon in a pinch. It’s the accessory of choice for the eclectic, low-levelled adventurer with a range of interests and scarce free inventory space. Switch seamlessly between mining that stubborn copper vein, swatting that irksome goblin and darning your socks. Current members will be informed of how to obtain one of these upon logging in, so get your Dwarven Army Axe today!

Patch Notes:

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

Falling into a spike pit in Isafdar no longer puts the player into a black space if they lag when falling.

Mahogany wardrobes no longer stick through the upper floor of a player-owned house.

Karil's skirt (broken) no longer has a large clickable area when dropped.

Thurgo and Ramarno's chatheads have been updated.

A chameleon in Zanaris now more closely matches the colour scheme used in Zanaris.

Some flickering on the edges of the cliffs in the Brimhaven dungeon has been fixed.

The lederhosen top once again has sleeves.

Some fire in the Rocking Out prison no longer clips through the floor above.

Flags at the Drill Demon random event now wave correctly.

The colour has been returned to the robe of elidinis.

A flickering tile near the Keldagrim entrance has been fixed.

Aggie and a man will no longer walk through chimes on Aggie's house in Draynor Village.

Larger Evergreen tree trunks are now using newer tree trunk graphics.

The farming patch during My Arm's Big Adventure has had its colour returned when it's full of rocks.

The Jatizso dock no longer flickers.

Some heightmapping in the Daemonheim terrain has been fixed.

The camera no longer jumps around when climbing down Trollheim agility shortcuts.

Quests

The ‘Blast and Hellfire’ task no longer states that it can be unlocked on training dummies.

The torn paper interface during the Slug Menace quest has had the tooltips updated.

The quest journal for Blood Pact no longer mentions Kayle's Bow.

A grammatical error in Horror From the Deep has been fixed.

Some confusing dialogue in the Legacy of Seergaze quest has been tidied up.

Activities

It is no longer possible to enchant crossbow bolts or humidify during Castle Wars. It is also not possible to do anything involving ‘Make-X’.

Emotes performed in the Circus are no longer considered repetitive.

Lunar spells no longer give experience during minigames which offer free runes.

The Mining boost gained during Lava Flow Mine now persists over logout.

Ozan and Owen no longer hold their weapons when home teleporting during the Fremennik Sagas.

Miscellaneous

The aura slot has been added to the bank's equip screen.

Some Loyalty Programme-related phrases have been added to the Quick Chat system.

The Dungeoneering party tab now remains upon completing a Dungeoneering floor, instead of half-reverting to the Quest tab.

It is no longer possible to set up a dwarven cannon at the Grand Exchange.

The ‘yawn’ and ‘beckon’ emotes are now the correct way around.

The ‘laugh’ emote is now listed on the Treasure Trails emote filter.

The bonecrusher now works correctly with monkey skeletons. The respawning code has also been tidied up to not rely on players being in the area.

A group gatestone now functions correctly when traded.

The required level dialogue when selecting a Dungeoneering floor now tells the correct level needed.

Spam-clicking the advisor button no longer causes players to disconnect.

All Faruq's Tools now correctly output to Friends' Chat channels instead of Clan Chat.

A typo has been fixed upon speaking to Hans about Veteran capes.

A tree resource in certain Dungeoneering rooms can now be accessed.

Mahogany pyre logs are now named consistently with other kinds of pyre logs.

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

System update in 7 minutes. This quest doesn't mean much to me unless it brings acolyte armour. Which I'm hoping for!

Also: another 6 days to hoard Whips. ;)

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

If you can successfully achieve resolution in this, the last quest in the Sea Slug series, youll gain access to an increase in bound ammo storage within Daemonheim... as well as the XP, of course.

OMG? Double ammo bind?! Nah probably 125->250, but still good nonetheless.

I hope it will be at least twice as long as the previous quest, Deadliest Catch, or this will be an in-and-out quest <_<

I hope it has a good reward...

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

It better be longer than an hour. But I'm not too hopeful.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

No mention of Acolyte something you would think they'd put in the news post if it was going to happen.

Increased ammo bind? Meh, not too good IMO unless it allows multiple binding, like csb with sagi arrows for hex...

Sounds crappy tbh...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

No mention of Acolyte something you would think they'd put in the news post if it was going to happen.

Increased ammo bind? Meh, not too good IMO unless it allows multiple binding, like csb with sagi arrows for hex...

Sounds crappy tbh...

Unless you own a Bow or CSB, this is gunna suck in general |:

not that it bothers you "Mr 100 Dunge!" >: @

Popoto.~<3

Errr... people are not gonna like the first thing they see when they log in. :???:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Reward

100 more ammo in DG for your ammo bind slot.

2 Quest Points

45 k Defense exp

17.5 k HP exp

15 k Herblore exp

12.5 k Summoning exp

5 k Dungeoneering exp

HIDE TAGS! Jeez

Popoto.~<3

^Is that just a guess? How would he know so quickly?

Or is there something I don't know. :blink:

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Geez, if the level of humor is going to be like first 5 mins, this is going to be one awesome quest!

I'm cracking up hehehe!!! :thumbsup:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Unless you are an absolute lunatic with a hex(likely the rarest weapon in game), the reward is absolutely useless. Yeah...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Unless you are an absolute lunatic with a hex(likely the rarest weapon in game), the reward is absolutely useless. Yeah...

you are forgetting the mages who dont have 77 rc, i cant describe how much will 100 extra bloodrunes will help me.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

you are forgetting the mages who dont have 77 rc, i cant describe how much will 100 extra bloodrunes will help me.

70 rc. And if you don't have that, laws(or cosmics) are a much better bind.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

70 rc. And if you don't have that, laws(or cosmics) are a much better bind.

A mage with laws or cosmics bound... nice

YEah I know mages should be people with high rc so they can self-suply and/or surgebox

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

uggh.. stuck on the 4 lever puzzle in quest -.-

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015