05-Jul-2011 - Salt in the Wound

Tim

Actually when I solo even smalls and get a difficult boss (pure ranging) I can run out of arrows despite picking them up.

Screw you all, I like the reward and it doesn't slow down your dungeoneering with 'real' methods.

Also - Think this reward will carry over to f2p? When I go f2p soon 225 fracite arrows would really help.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

110705122856.png

Use your DAA on a normal tree to get a wooden knot

Carve the knot

Mine some tin or copper ore for the gem,

polish it, use it with carved brooch

A brooch with +1 Str.

Edit*

110705123818.png

Worth 500 coins the first time and decreases by 25 every time.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Also the extra runes/arrows are a god send for soloing; yes soloing is inefficient etc etc but some people enjoy it and it definitely can eat through ur ammo bind within 1 floor.

Oh dear god... When everyone tells you that your dungeoneering knowledge is just terrible and that you shouldn't talk about things you have no idea about, why continue to produce mindless ''facts'' to make yourself look like an absolute [bleep]?

And yeah, unless you are pure ranging(worst combat style by far in dg) a solo med with shortbow and never pick up any arrows, you will never have any problems with ammo soloing. The only real application of this update for effective dungeoneering is that hexes never have to worry about picking up arrows, although it was a minor inconvenience at best before it.

I was thinking more along the lines of mage when you don't have the rc lvl to make the higher runes that don't really show up as drops too often.

I've certainly come up short on some solo floors on med with runes on occasion.

It's hardly a "mindless fact", its a situation I have found myself in and I was merely giving my OPINION on the reward and its usefulness.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I was thinking more along the lines of mage when you don't have the rc lvl to make the higher runes that don't really show up as drops too often.

I've certainly come up short on some solo floors on med with runes on occasion.

It's hardly a "mindless fact", its a situation I have found myself in and I was merely giving my OPINION on the reward and its usefulness.

So instead of saying it's a godsend for soloing you meant to say it's of limited application for people that have ineffective stats or want to use ineffective methods for solo dungeoneering? Sounds useful for when you want to kill the skeletons of necrolord(for whatever reason).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

This quest truely felt like 'salt in the wound', I mean I hated this quest completely, aside from introducing that party thing again...

Why won't they go back to the old quests, where you have a hell of a lot to do, it's agonising and fun testing your abilities! Last real challenge was MEP2 imo, even WGS wasn't the hardest though I still have it a notch behind MEP2..

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

It seems I am the only one who enjoyed the quest.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Why are they forcing dungeoneering onto people so much.. >_>

This.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

It's a skill, quests are going to require it and use it just like any other skill.

Did you complain about All Fired Up forcing Firemaking on people so much? Or the Void series forcing Smithing, Crafting, and Construction on people? Or maybe While Guthix Sleeps forcing people to do Herblore Farming and Hunting? How about all the quests that have used Summoning since Summoning was released?

The only difference is that when you add Crafting to a quest, it's to build a device or solve a short puzzle to build something, and when you add Dungeoneering, it's a short foray into a Dungeon with NPCs. Conceptually, it's the same - a skill being incorporated into a quest.

It's a skill, quests are going to require it and use it just like any other skill.

Did you complain about All Fired Up forcing Firemaking on people so much? Or the Void series forcing Smithing, Crafting, and Construction on people? Or maybe While Guthix Sleeps forcing people to do Herblore Farming and Hunting? How about all the quests that have used Summoning since Summoning was released?

The only difference is that when you add Crafting to a quest, it's to build a device or solve a short puzzle to build something, and when you add Dungeoneering, it's a short foray into a Dungeon with NPCs. Conceptually, it's the same - a skill being incorporated into a quest.

This plus:

~1 - 3 years after a skill comes out we tend to get a spree of low - mid level quests for that stat because they like requirements in each skill for quests to slowly build up and not jump to much, so they kinda "rush" it too 50-60 region with 5 or 6 quests.

It's happen with pretty much every skill release ever since rs2 IIRC.

How the hell do I get a live sea slug specimen?? :s

There's some green fishing spots to the north of the platform...

Fishing them spots bare hand makes a sea slug jump out and follow you...

You can't pick it up, but Kennith is a powerful mage...

Try to fish in the spot then walk the seaslug down to the hut where Kennith is so he can stun it and telegrab it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bleh, it's a minigame, not a skill.

[hide]- I lol'ed IRL at the Elfinlocks scene :lol: She's the #1 unluckiest NPC going.

- The multi-character control was really good, I liked that.

- Puzzle rooms were ok... #2 was harder than #3 to be honest.

- BOOM SLUG GOT PANCAKE'D. Kinda disgusting but slightly satisfying.

- What the f*** with Lucy at the end, way to finish on a depressing note Jagex :([/hide]

I liked the quest, it became enjoyable once i got into the quest and stopped thinking of it as something to grind through for a reward.

The brooches are untradeble via the GE, so I'm having fun selling them in trades for 2k each.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

[hide]- I lol'ed IRL at the Elfinlocks scene :lol: She's the #1 unluckiest NPC going.

- What the f*** with Lucy at the end, way to finish on a depressing note Jagex :([/hide]

1) It appears on the list of skills in the skills menu.

2) You gain experience points and it levels up following the same formula as any other skill (only going past 120)

3) It is included in the sum of your skill levels

4) It comes with skill capes, that incidentally also trim other skill capes

It doesn't matter if you personally feel it is designed more like a mini-game or a skill, because it's officially a skill and will be treated as such.

The military axe is totally untested. Tried chopping a fruit tree, the animation shows that a crude bronze axe is being used... Brought it to miscellenia, doesnt even allow to chop the maples there

BONUS: in miscellenia it glitches so i cant even chop the maples EVEN if I have a rune hatchet in my inventory If I have the military axe equipped.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

2) You gain experience points and it levels up following the same formula as any other skill (only going past 120)

It doesn't matter if you personally feel it is designed more like a mini-game or a skill, because it's officially a skill and will be treated as such.

There's an inverse correlation between DG level and percentage of people who view it as a minigame.

td2sig.jpg

Anticlimatic ending and very little character development. Kind of disappointing.

Also, it's been so long since I did Kennith's Concerns that I forgot he had a friend in the quest named 'Kimberly'. It was very confusing for me in conversation when he mentions her again. I thought he was talking about me for a second.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'd like to refer you to 4:51 in this video:

You're not, I highly enjoyed the quest. The multi-NPC interface, which they're thankfully reusing, seems more polished than Three's Company. I'd like them to continue doing that, because it has potential. My biggest gripe is that the camera controls need improvement, and it should follow the selected character/one of the selected characters, not where they're running to.

Also, this:

There's an inverse correlation between DG level and percentage of people who view it as a minigame.

[hide] I was really surprised when Mother Mallum took over my body. Decent "Oh crap" moment.[/hide]

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I was hoping for but not expecting new prayer-based armor. Oh well.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."