Actual in dungeon reward -minor spoiler inside-

Pete Party

The system is fine as it is.

No, it's not. The day someone actually binds a pair of celestial shoes-- or basically anything in the shoe/boot spot-- is the day you can say the system is fine as is.

A 3bo guy had p2h, neck and primal boots+gloves bound. So i guess the system is fine?(and those are legitimately good binds for a person looking to dps the absolute fastest dungeon, only the 2h spoils the effectiveness)

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

No, it's not. The day someone actually binds a pair of celestial shoes-- or basically anything in the shoe/boot spot-- is the day you can say the system is fine as is.

A 3bo guy had p2h, neck and primal boots+gloves bound. So i guess the system is fine?(and those are legitimately good binds for a person looking to dps the absolute fastest dungeon, only the 2h spoils the effectiveness)

Exactly, you can't go off slots at all lol. There are very, very few games where everything within is balanced and for something like dungeoneering it's near impossible.

Take guardian's ward for example. It's not in the same tier as primal/sagitarrian, so why would you ever bind it at what is becoming the "average (read:99 melees)" level of a person with 3 binds?

ZMFg2.jpg

^Magic defence.

The problem about that is you'd need entirely sepreate binds for the CWars thing and DG.

I'd be happy if we just got a toolkit bind. Unlike some people, I wouldn't say No to getting more binds, although I realize they aren't that necessary. I'd rather have a bind bank first tho.

I'm sure there'd be people who'd bind CW-effective binds over useful DG binds if they weren't seperate though. :P

Unless you intend to capture the flag, most binds would be great in Castle Wars too, assuming you have Hex, 2h, blood necklace and primal gaunts bound at 120, you'd be great at meleeing the opponent, especially as they'd only have a max of 4 defensive items.

It would be interesting to see someone with a mix of primal and sagittarian bound to try and tank meleers/rangers while still not getting frozen by though. :P If it was like Tzhaar fight pits and there was a global option, I'm sure you'd often have someone with celestial top/legs/staff and a hex barraging/ranging you. :P

10xy5fk.png

Fine. You found a guy who bound some boots. It doesn't make the system any less flawed.

Say what you will, but you might as well not be allowed to bind some items because virtually no one is going to waste a bind on them. These include any tiered ranged boots, any tiered mage boots and most every of the slayer boot are not worth binding. Sag boots/vambs and celestial boots/gloves are especially a waste, as you can't even use them in a dungeon when you get them unless you kill the boss before finishing the rest of the dungeon. The same is to be said for anything worn in the glove slot, a protector's ward, a guardian's ward, a seeker's charm and a flameburst defender. Because you only get four binds max, people are going to bind the things which give them the biggest stat bonuses and ignore everything else.

Late edit: Fixed a grammatical error.

^Magic defence.

Not even close to the magic defense of a leatherbody.

Inb4 comment on how it gives magic defense and is a shield (It's not a practical item at all)

It doesn't give - melee penalties.

Plus, if you wanted magic defence and already had a body and legs, it's the best option.

10xy5fk.png

You know what'd be interesting - not sure how well this would work but... if you got bind item points instead of just another bound item, with the costs of an item being the amount of material you'd need to make it. I.E. 5 for a platebody, etc. Would require some balancing tho, main issues is staffs/bows would only take up one slot and a lot of thought would need to be put into slayer items. Every item slot having a different bind value would mostly work, except the head slot would be relatively cheap and the hood shouldn't be (if anyone is following this.)

Just an interesting idea. Not that it'll ever happen.

As for the guardian's ward, anyone who thinks that the 2h is the best weapon bind will realize the uselessness of a shield. You can't range with it and you can't effectively mage with one because of surgeboxes. A bound item needs to be a versatile item useable in a lot of different scenarios, which I don't think the guardians ward is. Maybe if someone wants to tank with a b axe, plate, hood and that shied at lvl 120, idk. But realistically, not many people will bind it.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

^Magic defence.

Not even close to the magic defense of a leatherbody.

Inb4 comment on how it gives magic defense and is a shield (It's not a practical item at all)

It doesn't give - melee penalties.

Plus, if you wanted magic defence and already had a body and legs, it's the best option.

By body and legs I assume you mean platearmor, in which case you're doing it wrong anyways already. Most people use primal 2hs because OMFG 200M DUNGERS DO IT IT MUST BE THE BEST WEAPON and the -7 attack effects dps by maybe 1% and offers incredible defense. The guardian's ward requires people to use battleaxe (OMFG NO SLASH BONUS). In short, guardian's ward is, under no circumstances, better than any other bind.

ZMFg2.jpg

It's not useful if you are intending to be as efficient as possible, although there are uses for it if you play for fun rather than attempting to maximise XP/h. I have multiple friends who have the Defence level for a Guardian's ward but don't want hitpoints XP, yet still dungeoneer. As a result, they could bind a Guardian's ward in combination with a series of other items like a sagittarian body, legs and coif for +244 Magic defence. Alternatively, you could also bind it with a combination of melee/ranged armour in order to try and have good defence against all combat styles.

Obviously if you're maxed melee want the most efficient binds possible, binding a Guardian's ward isn't really worth it, but not everyone is maxed and there are hundreds of different types of pures that could make use of the shield. It is the best non body/leg mage defence item in Dungeoneering, providing you're not interested in DPS, it could make an effective bind.

10xy5fk.png

It's not useful if you are intending to be as efficient as possible, although there are uses for it if you play for fun rather than attempting to maximise XP/h. I have multiple friends who have the Defence level for a Guardian's ward but don't want hitpoints XP, yet still dungeoneer. As a result, they could bind a Guardian's ward in combination with a series of other items like a sagittarian body, legs and coif for +244 Magic defence. Alternatively, you could also bind it with a combination of melee/ranged armour in order to try and have good defence against all combat styles.

Obviously if you're maxed melee want the most efficient binds possible, binding a Guardian's ward isn't really worth it, but not everyone is maxed and there are hundreds of different types of pures that could make use of the shield. It is the best non body/leg mage defence item in Dungeoneering, providing you're not interested in DPS, it could make an effective bind.

So Guardian's Wards are great for leechers who like to run around randomly. K.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm glad :thumbup: Hopefully like 500+

inbe4abletobindmorethan1typeofrune.

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

So Guardian's Wards are great for leechers who like to run around randomly. K.

If you don't want Hitpoints XP you can still key a dungeon quite effectively (sub 20mins) provided you have a decent team. All it means is you can't do any GDs or kill the boss, you can still open skill/key doors, do puzzles and make pots/etc. I agree that it's not nearly as efficient as having someone who uses combat, but not everyone is willing to. Just because someone doesn't want to train Hitpoints, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to train Dungeoneering, and it's much more useful than having a level 3 sit in your base and make potions.

By no means am I saying the ward is the most useful item in Dungeoneering, just that you shouldn't rule out its usefulness just because it doesn't fit with your playstyle.

Nevermind, I thought he was talking about what would be the best binds for Castle Wars... :wall:

Ward would be great for Castle Wars, the only problem is you only have 4 items, so it might be best to bind grounding boots and another piece of sagittarian armour for ~10 less Magic attack when getting the flag but ~20-30 more when you have it. You'd also need people with weapons/robes/etc bound as well, so you'd have to designate roles to each of your team before the game, so they can get the neccessary binds, imagine having 10 people all playing Castle Wars, all with no weapon and ~250 Magic defence. :P

10xy5fk.png

• 4 weeks later...

cuz so many people solo floors.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I don't think anyone would complain about a quest giving cosmic/law binds. Especially since everyone makes them already.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I wouldn't mind a quest or something letting me bind a familiar or a toolkit. Just something small that doesn't make a huge difference, but would be nice. I agree with others though that I'd prefer buyable dungeoneering rewards from quests rather than in-dungeon items or abilities.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Allowing people to have extra binds through levels makes sense, because not only does it give a reward for actually training the skill but as you descend the floors, they tend to increase in difficulty. Therefore, more bindable items help do those floors.

j0xPu5R.png

DG could use another bind, not like weapon/armour but have maybe a jewellry bind? Or a personal item bind, like a skilling item. Maybe a potion, or a prome hatchet or something of the sort?

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Give us a freaking toolkit at the start of every Dungeon please and thank you. Also, rune ess.

This would be far better for DG then another actual bind of some sort.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.