Headphones

The Observer

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer earbuds or headphones?

• Earbuds
    • Headphones
    • Other

I will never buy a pair of earbuds again.

Thanks to Ruerin's suggestion I had my Mother buy these bad boys for my birthday last year:

[hide]41AO8oIX5wL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com.....MS0XU[/hide]

If you are at all serious about listening to music, a pair of hi-fi headphones are a must!

Dag. I'd love a pair of those, but I don't have $250 to spend on headphones. :(

They're $90 on Amazon and you won't regret a single penny :P

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I'm a cheap person so I've got a pair of Ink'd skullcandy earbuds for school/travel listening and a pair of Lowriders for mostly home use, although I use them for gaming on occasion. Decent stuff considering they cost less than $50 together.

At home on the laptop:

415rwyHh1ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones

On the go with the iPod Touch:

414%2BBmRdLDL._AA300_.jpg

MEElectronics M9-SL Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating In-Ear Headphones (Silver)

I highly recommend both, especially the first one. Comfortable as HELL, and the sound quality is abso-[bleep]ing-lutely amazing. Both are highly affordable too.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

How can anyone use apple earbuds? They're uncomfortable, have terribad quality, don't cancel any noise, let others easily hear (and be annoyed by) your music.

Gaming or movies (PS3 Netflix)

turtle_beach_ear_force_px21.jpg

These are like 90$ I think. Turtle Beach PX21s. Great sound quality and good build quality. Very comfortable. Adjustable bass, on/off mic, game sound, chat sound (independent of game sound, good for muting noobs on COD), and a sound expander. Highly recommend if you do a lot of gaming or just in general (works off USB power though).

On the go or listening to something on laptop

20090706_1149181.png

Klipsch S4 noise canceling in ear earbuds. They fit well, stay well, and have great sound quality. Put these on after listening to crappy apple earbuds and you will have an eargasm or your money back :thumbup: Something like 80$, and damn well worth it.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Headphones all the way. Does anyone know of a pair that's no more than like $100 that I could get that are noise-cancelling and very good quality? And by "Noise Cancelling", I mean so that I can hear the music over my drumset.

This is the pair I use now:

3.516171.jpg

Oh, an option for "Other" might be those who use speakers most often to listen to music?

I use earbuds, but only because I don't own a pair of headphones. I don't really care what I use, but I prefer to use my Full Metal Jackets (Skull Candy - Don't eat me I got them for free). I might pick up a pair of headphones though. Any recommendations?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I prefer headphones. They don't fall out, you don't have to push them in, if the wire gets caught a tiny bit then it won't pop out. Only downside is that they're a bit bulky and my ears either start to hurt or get sweaty.

But I use in-ear earbuds because I need to hear road sounds when riding my bike <_<

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I use earbuds, but only because I don't own a pair of headphones. I don't really care what I use, but I prefer to use my Full Metal Jackets (Skull Candy - Don't eat me I got them for free). I might pick up a pair of headphones though. Any recommendations?

That depends on how much you are willing to spend.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Earbuds when I'm exercising (unless I'm in my little home gym, I'll use my Logitech Speakers). Other times I'll use my Sony headphones. Best buy I ever did, and can really recommend these. Only cost me €35, quality is amazing for that price (at least when compared to my €50 WESC's I had before) and they have a good 'heavy' bass, which I love. It's the MDR-V150 if anyone would be interested. When I'm behind my desk, my König 2.2 speakers do the job. As you can tell, I really need bass :)

[hide=Sony Headphones]5344819A64UC185401M.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Logitech iPod Speakers]31780497-2-440-overview-1.gif[/hide]

[hide=König 2.2]CMP-SP71_4.JPG[/hide]

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

I think I'm the third or fourth person to own those Sony headphones. And I thought they were going to be trash quality for the price. :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

About $70-120 AUD.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

About $70-120 AUD.

I'd really go for the Sony Headphones I mentioned a few posts ago.

They're like $46 AUD, converted from .

The problem with headphones is that you either have to spend a ridiculous amount of money (200+) for awesome quality, or you buy a pair that is quite cheap (~50), but with lesser quality. It's not really worth it to spend anything inbetween.

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

About $70-120 AUD.

These are what I own and they blow anything out of the water in that price range. They're around $90 USD on Amazon and from what I can see here they're around $80 USD. If you're going to buy headphones over $50, DO NOT go cheap on them or it will be a complete waste. Spend the extra cash for some nice hi-fi's. You won't regret it.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

About $70-120 AUD.

These are what I own and they blow anything out of the water in that price range. They're around $90 USD on Amazon and from what I can see here they're around $80 USD. If you're going to buy headphones over $50, DO NOT go cheap on them or it will be a complete waste. Spend the extra cash for some nice hi-fi's. You won't regret it.

How good quality and how comfortable are they? I'm looking into buying a new pair of headphones, and am seriously considering getting those at the moment.

About $70-120 AUD.

How good quality and how comfortable are they? I'm looking into buying a new pair of headphones, and am seriously considering getting those at the moment.

Y U no go to CNET?

PM me for fitocracy invite

About $70-120 AUD.

Those headphones are immensely comfortable and those babies don't require adjusting because they automatically adjust to your head size. Those little flap/wing-looking things rest on the top of your head, giving a nearly weightless feel to the headphones. There is no pressure whatsoever on your ears or the top of your head. The cups are super soft and have a lot of very nice padding on them. Often I find myself wearing my headphones at my computer even when I'm not listening to anything because they're warm and comfy :lol:

The sound quality is top-notch. I would go check out some reviews on Amazon if you want in-depth analysis of the sound because I am not an expert nor do I have the time to type out something in-depth.

It hasn't been reviewed there yet.

Is a pair of Beats Studio (Refurbished) worth it for $180?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. Do not buy Beats under any circumstances.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Alright, I won't be getting the beats. How well do those cancel sound out? Would I be able to play drums with them on and hear my my music? (The music, not my drums :lol:)

Yes, you can. Although they are the "open-air" model, I have no problem hearing the music while playing my drumset. My set at home is in a completely wide open basement (lots of boomy echoes) and the set I play at college is in a small studio with foam on the walls. In both situations I can hear adequately; those headphones can get LOUD.

They do make an isolation version of those (I believe it is the same model number or something very similar) but I think it is slightly more expensive.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

I use Sennheiser 280 pros for listening to music in my room, and cheap earbuds when I want to listen on the way to class. I much prefer headphones for the comfort and sound quality.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!