Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Headphones

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Headphones (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you prefer earbuds or headphones?

1. Earbuds (16 votes [41.03%])

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

2. Voted Headphones (22 votes [56.41%])

Percentage of vote: 56.41%

3. Other (1 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests

I use earbuds, but only because I don't own a pair of headphones. I don't really care what I use, but I prefer to use my Full Metal Jackets (Skull Candy - Don't eat me I got them for free). I might pick up a pair of headphones though. Any recommendations?

That depends on how much you are willing to spend.

About $70-120 AUD.

These are what I own and they blow anything out of the water in that price range. They're around $90 USD on Amazon and from what I can see here they're around $80 USD. If you're going to buy headphones over $50, DO NOT go cheap on them or it will be a complete waste. Spend the extra cash for some nice hi-fi's. You won't regret it.

How good quality and how comfortable are they? I'm looking into buying a new pair of headphones, and am seriously considering getting those at the moment.

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Nomrombom

I use earbuds, but only because I don't own a pair of headphones. I don't really care what I use, but I prefer to use my Full Metal Jackets (Skull Candy - Don't eat me I got them for free). I might pick up a pair of headphones though. Any recommendations?

About $70-120 AUD.

These are what I own and they blow anything out of the water in that price range. They're around $90 USD on Amazon and from what I can see here they're around $80 USD. If you're going to buy headphones over $50, DO NOT go cheap on them or it will be a complete waste. Spend the extra cash for some nice hi-fi's. You won't regret it.

How good quality and how comfortable are they? I'm looking into buying a new pair of headphones, and am seriously considering getting those at the moment.

Y U no go to CNET?
PM me for fitocracy invite

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests
It hasn't been reviewed there yet.

Is a pair of Beats Studio (Refurbished) worth it for $180?

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts
NO.

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts

About $70-120 AUD.

Those headphones are immensely comfortable and those babies don't require adjusting because they automatically adjust to your head size. Those little flap/wing-looking things rest on the top of your head, giving a nearly weightless feel to the headphones. There is no pressure whatsoever on your ears or the top of your head. The cups are super soft and have a lot of very nice padding on them. Often I find myself wearing my headphones at my computer even when I'm not listening to anything because they're warm and comfy :lol:

The sound quality is top-notch. I would go check out some reviews on Amazon if you want in-depth analysis of the sound because I am not an expert nor do I have the time to type out something in-depth.

It hasn't been reviewed there yet.

Is a pair of Beats Studio (Refurbished) worth it for $180?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. Do not buy Beats under any circumstances.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests
Alright, I won't be getting the beats. How well do those cancel sound out? Would I be able to play drums with them on and hear my my music? (The music, not my drums :lol:)

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
Yes, you can. Although they are the "open-air" model, I have no problem hearing the music while playing my drumset. My set at home is in a completely wide open basement (lots of boomy echoes) and the set I play at college is in a small studio with foam on the walls. In both situations I can hear adequately; those headphones can get LOUD.

They do make an isolation version of those (I believe it is the same model number or something very similar) but I think it is slightly more expensive.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Sam
[ Display Name History ]

Sam

we are the music makers

• Members
  • 9,508 posts
Headphones, purely for a fuller sound with more bass weight than you'd find in earbuds.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN '07:Shruiken
I use Sennheiser 280 pros for listening to music in my room, and cheap earbuds when I want to listen on the way to class. I much prefer headphones for the comfort and sound quality.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users