R.A.T. 5 vs G9X?

Dragon_Spine

Rat5 vs G9X?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

I'm looking into getting a new mouse, and I've narrowed it down to the R.A.T. 5 and the G9X. Anyone have either of them and could list pros/cons? I don't need stats, as any idiot with Google can find them. Just personal experiences with them. Would consider other mice, as long as it's under $75 USD :P

I prefer 5 button wired, I have no use for something like an 18 button, otherwise i would just get a Magma or something haha. And from previous bad experiences with wireless, i don't want the hassle of it dieing while at Nex... >_>

Click below to see my siggy! :D

The Game.

Dragon_Spine.png

Dragon_Spine.png

I do not own the Deathadder but I do have a few friends that made very good comments about them. I have never seen anyone using the R.A.T.5.

never had a RAT5, though I've personally owned a DA (the 3G) for ~3 years now. It's pretty amazing, I don't have any complaints about it at all. The tracking is seamless, feel is fantastic (ergonomics are essentially perfect, the mouse was comfortable with both claw and palm grips), moves well on cloth/rubber/even fiberglass pads, and the click-wheel has notches (24 I believe) which makes MWHEELDOWN and MWHEELUP actions more clean and controlled. I'd give it 10/10 personally, though I'd definitely recommend also getting a decent pad with it. For the first year I used something random from the office and I noticed that the feet of the mouse were worn down pretty quickly :( If you're like me and are really comfortable with cloths, I'd recommend the Goliathus (it's something like 15-20 bucks).

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

That RAT mouse looks absolutely [developmentally delayed]ed.

I guess I would go with the Deathadder out of those 2 choices. Never used either mouse though.

I used my friends RAT 5 yesterday and you need quite small hands to use it. My hands aren't particularly big but it still felt too small.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

I have the RAT 5 and love it. Depending where you're at I know a couple shops that have the RAT 7 on display to try out. Same mouse basically with a more sensitive laser and some changeable plates I think. For the size you just need to lengthen the back. Easy to do, you can also change the weight quite a bit if you find that would make a difference. I did just get it a few weeks ago though, never had any experience with any other gaming mice though.

Under no circumstances would I ever suggest a Razer product.

They're all glitchy, support is horrific, it's just... bad.

It's a shame too. Razer started out as one of those awesome small groups that created

fantastic products for gamers, but in the long run, was overtaken by their popularity and

began putting crap into their products.

I had a Razer imperator for a while, and it was crap.

I took it back and got a Logitech G9X. It's epic.

So if you had to choose between just the two, I'd do with the rat, despite how bizarre it looks.

Hope that added some healthy input. :)

~Kevill

I was thinking about getting the G9X, glad you mentioned it. I've nerfed the DeathAdder, i can't stand it. And very few people seem to like the R.A.T, so yeah..

The Game.

Dragon_Spine.png

Dragon_Spine.png

I was thinking about getting the G9X, glad you mentioned it. I've nerfed the DeathAdder, i can't stand it. And very few people seem to like the R.A.T, so yeah..

I think RAT is one of those mice that you either love or hate. It all depends on your presonal preference.

I think RAT is one of those mice that you either love or hate. It all depends on your personal preference.

What got me interested in the R.A.T. 5 was seeing several reviews about it in pc gaming magazines, and I looked into it and liked what i saw. Unfortunately, there isn't a store within 100 miles of here that has one for me to even get a hold of to see how it fits my hand, hence why i'm leery of just buying one online without doing all my homework ;) I'm torn between the G9X and the RAT5 now mainly. I love the design of the RAT, but function > form. I've gone over the dimensions online of both of them, they are very similar... *sigh*

The Game.

Dragon_Spine.png

Dragon_Spine.png

I have a lot of Logitech stuff and you can't go wrong with them. I have a Laser mouse, although it's at home and I can't give you the model, and can use it on any surface.

If you're looking at the Logitech G9X it's more closely comparable to the RAT 7 which has different pinkie rests and thumb rests. Similar in price as well, at least here they are.

I haven't heard anything good about the rat7, i've even heard of people returning the 7 because 5 had less glitches. :s

The Game.

Dragon_Spine.png

Dragon_Spine.png

I think RAT is one of those mice that you either love or hate. It all depends on your personal preference.

I'm torn between the G9X and the RAT5 now mainly.

Here's a picture of a peak at some of the options on the program for the G9X.

42318ecd258cd0704040378b14e30de5.png

You get all the goodies.

Different mouse profiles, changeable by launching different programs...

Macros for games that AREN'T RUNESCAPE. :P

A weight system to make it weigh *just* right.

Don't forget the toggle-able hyper-scroll and two different grip shells. :P

But, I'm not going to just tell you the good sides...

Ok

Bad sides...

Bad sides...

Uhm...

Oh! The middle mouse button to press down is a PAIN.

Any game that uses it, I just bind to one of the side mouse buttons... or q/e/r/t/y/f/g/h/z/x/c/v or left alt.

That's all i could think of...

The cord is that special light weight style cord so it doesn't push the mouse often...

You can side scroll by pushing the scroll wheel left/right.

Yeah, I don't know what else to say. Hope you make the choice that works out for you. :)

~Kevill

You should consider whether you want a bigger or smaller mouse than the one you have, find the dimensions of your current one, and then compare it to the dimensions of the G9X and the RAT5. It won't tell you everything, but it'll give you a general idea. I reiterate that I found the RAT5 a rather small mouse.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My cousin picked up a RAT 5 and really liked it. Had some laser issues so he took it back to replace it and all they had in stock were the G9X so he picked on of those up. Said they are both great. I haven't tried the G9X but the RAT is good.

• 2 weeks later...