R.A.T. 5 vs G9X?

Dragon_Spine

Rat5 vs G9X?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

most logitech mice have problems with their sensors (iirc the only one that doesn't is the mx518) - some small positive acceleration which may or may not be frustrating for you, ymmv. if you don't really care i'd take a logitech over a r.a.t anyday because generally speaking with mice, the less features they have, the better they are. not because the features are necessarily bad, more because there are less buttons to accidently hit and interfere with what you're doing.

i'd personally not recommend either - deathadder v2 is a good all-rounder if you update your drivers and firmware, ime 3.0 if you want low dpi (bearing in mind if you don't overclock your USB port it will screw up if you move it faster than 1m/s), steelseries ikari if you want a laser.

i also like how they market switching dpi for sniping as a good idea on the r.a.t - that's one thing you should never, ever do. enough for me to tell you it's marketed at idiots who know nothing about videogames

You just bought a bad mouse. Razer actually makes some nice products (Goliathus, Deathadder, Lachesis 5600 and Abyssus). Also, a lot of the issues with Razer's laser mice are negated by using a hard mousepad (as you should with laser).

Oooh I never knew that was a response to me since I didn't see the quotes.

Perhaps you have had nice experiences with Razer, but every product I've ever purchased from

them has quickly gone back to the store, or into the closest bin of rubbish available.

Don't get me wrong, you can still like their products if you want to, this is just based on my

personal experiences.

Also, durp. Of course I have a hard mouse pad.

Oh, and I did want to mention that I did give them a second shot.

My original fail Imperator mouse I took back for a replacement the first time.

But regardless. It still crapped out on me.

So far, the Logitech G9X has given me no problems. It runs flawlessly.

There are no jumps, skips, the customize-able on the fly DPI change works great... I don't know what else to say.

Razer failed me, Logitech hasn't. ..so it'd be stupid if I didn't back Logitech.

Talk about a late reply, sorry about that.

~Kevill

EDIT:

Although I don't have any idea whom you're reply to in the post above

as you don't use quotes, or names in a response... I wanted to add a little

tid-bit on the end about your anti-marketing campaign against the use of

on the fly DPI changes for marketing campaigns.

Yes. That is kind of stupid for them to try to market to for gamers.

But I use mine for the artist aspect.

Imagine the potential with photo editing/touching up.

Graphics design, etc.

EDIT2:

I found the post you were replying to.

The mouse in the poster's story that had Laser problems was the R.A.T. by Cyborg,

not the Logitech. ..Just saying.

All Razer mice over the last several years have had many Laser problems as well.

Also.. just saying.

I guess there is no perfect mouse.