If you were the perfect version of yourself...

Skill_Caster

My perfect version of myself would've kept up with gymnastics, and I would be quite proficient by now. As it is, I quit gymnastics when I was 5 after 2 weeks because I was the only boy in the class. After that, I got too involved trying other sports to ever go back. It still is my dream to someday be able to put together a nice string of front handsprings.

20/15 vision like my dad would be nice, too.

Flyingjj.png

I want to be taller. I'm about 6 feet tall right now, 6"4 is my goal. I'd like to learn french better, which I'm working on. I've been in an extended french program for 5 years now, and am continuing for another 3 years. I'm also trying to learn to flat-ground front flip, and front 360 on a trampoline. Learning a third language would be cool too, if I can ever get around to it.

Aren't you Canadian? I thought most Canadians spoke French. Forgive my stereotypical American ignorance if that's not the case.

Also I landed a backflip 360 a couple days ago, get on my level. :P

Yeah, I am. I think it's 1/6 Canadians who are bilingual, a lot of those in Quebec. I'm in Ontario, though in a fairly French area. The school I go to, there's an extended french program that lasts from the course of grade 5-12, which is what I'm in (Just finished the grade 9 year). My french isn't too bad, but it's not as good as you'd expect someone who has been speaking it often for 5 years to be. That's because our teachers really stopped teaching after grade 7, and it's been mostly review since then, with not a lot of new lessons.

And, backflip 360s... Noob. I've heard turning on a front flip is a trickier movement than on a back flip, though I can't speak from experience.

Looks like this topic is about stuff you want to be able to do but

are too lazy to learn.

"Oh I wanna know other languages" well geez dude just go learn them "but iz so hard"

obviously it's hard English is one of the easiest you're used to be lazy.

"I have wanna a perfect bod" then go train and stop eating like a pig.

"Oh lulz I wanna have 100% in all my tests" just study.

You should only wish to change things that you were BORN with, such as height, eye colour, genetics, etc. Anything else is just being a lazy [wagon] that wants recognition without having to work for it.

You seem to be disregarding the fact that everyone is different. Maybe the people who want to learn more languages have excelled in other fields and didn't have enough spare time to prioritize a second language. Also, some people are just naturally bad or good at certain things. I can write essays like no tomorrow, but I lose concentration too easily and my mind wanders off when it comes to mathematics. Einstein said something along the lines of, "If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's life thinking it is stupid."

As for me, I want to be more physically fit, but based on my genetic composition it's a lot harder and even dangerous to put my body through certain exercises. I'm content with every other aspect.

I would not need glasses and not be freakishly small. Just those two things would make me happy :P

A perfect me would have a better eye for web design, NOT be so easily distracted, be more confident and outgoing.

Oh, and I'd play DDR like a beast.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

How to confidence:

Fake it. All the time. Start gradually, then do it more and more. Give yourself artificial confidence by forcing yourself to. This is the difficult part, but all it requires is willpower. If you're a girl, carry yourself higher. Don't let others say [cabbage] about you. If you're a guy, go [bleep]ing ask her out. Don't play around, go right up to her. It's better confidence-wise if it's done in public, but it's easier to do it in a less public place. Again, carry yourself higher and don't let others talk down to you. When you want something, ask for it. The biggest thing to remember is to laugh it off. Don't let any insults or jokes get to you - laugh at them all, play along. Act like you care about people, but you don't need them. Be your own person. Be nice, but don't baby people and DO NOT let people fish for compliments. Look up some open ended conversation starters online and use them. Use them at work, on the bus, in a shop, etc. A good thing to do is to find a cashier you see a lot at a store you go to a lot, and strike up conversations with them. You can gain new friends and confidence at the same time.

Of course, if you're not born outgoing and confident, you won't be as good as those who are. But if you keep this up for enough time, it will become second nature and you will have real confidence in its place.

PM me for fitocracy invite

I wish i had the capacity to know what i enjoyed doing.....and that i could absorb ANY amount of information about anything without my head hurting.

Well most things on this thread could be achieved given enough time and practice. Put in the hours for it and you'll achieve it eventually (not talking about physical related wishes).

Final1.jpg

This stuff is military-only still, but I can dream.

• Robotic arm (to replace my left arm.)
  • Chemical injection system (they're currently working on it to do things such as keep soldiers fighting-fit with major blood loss.)

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I would keep things as they are. Even if they suck, you are able to experience things uniquely in ways other people aren't. This can shape you into being a better individual.

j0xPu5R.png

Probably athletic ability is somewish I wish I had a bit more of, would be pretty awesome to be able to play international cricket :thumbup:

If I could only pick one thing I'd pick this.

I don't know what else I'd change, I don't like change :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Oh, I'm surprised I didn't think of it earlier. Better drumming ability. (Which I'm working on, still)

Drumming is nothing more than muscle memory. You just have to teach your muscles to do it! :P

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Oh, I'm surprised I didn't think of it earlier. Better drumming ability. (Which I'm working on, still)

Drumming is nothing more than muscle memory. You just have to teach your muscles to do it! :P

I'm working on it <_< I just wish there was a quicker way to get better. :razz: