Fake Jagex Email Alert!

Tim

I almost fell for it until I noticed the URL and quickly changed my passwords.

Dear Player,

We regret to inform you that your account has received an infraction due to a Major Real World Trading offense. Please visit the appeal section under Account Management to view evidence of your infraction(s) and to appeal any infraction(s) that you feel were unjustified.

To view the evidence please click here: [Fake URL Here]

Please note: Due to a recent bug in our infraction system, some accounts may have received a void infraction. The majority of void infractions have been removed but we cannot ensure that all infractions have been removed. We urge you to visit the appeal section to appeal any unjustified infractions received due to system errors.

Many thanks, Jagex Ltd.

Copyright © 1999 - 2011 Jagex Ltd. Jagex, RuneScape, FunOrb, War of Legends and Stellar Dawn are registered trademarks of Jagex Ltd in the United Kingdom and trademarks used in other countries of the world. By using our service you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

I urge you NOT to click on ANYTHING and go to the Official Runescape Website and check. DO NOT FOLLOW ANY LINKS. It's very well made and managed to appear as [email protected] 100% until you click on the link.

If you receive this E-Mail: DELETE IT.

Popoto.~<3

Here's a real question: How did these people get hold of your emails in the first place?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

This is thread #785,568 about it.

I'd rather have a new thread every other week warning people about this than have someone fall victim to a phishing scam simply because of their ignorance of the threat.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

These guys must really want my account... Lmfao.

emailsq.jpg

As if I'm eventually going to give in and just, "OMG! Damn, better open this up before Jagex bans me by mistake!" "Uh-oh. Someone's trying to change my e-mail... Better clicky this link to RuneSrape and get that sorted." Trolololol.

09144a99bb.png

These guys must really want my account... Lmfao.

emailsq.jpg

As if I'm eventually going to give in and just, "OMG! Damn, better open this up before Jagex bans me by mistake!" "Uh-oh. Someone's trying to change my e-mail... Better clicky this link to RuneSrape and get that sorted." Trolololol.

Yeah but this honestly was the first time I had one that wasn't blatantly obvious, especially when all 3 of my accounts are tied to one Email.

Popoto.~<3

This is thread #785,568 about it.

I'd rather have a new thread every other week warning people about this than have someone fall victim to a phishing scam simply because of their ignorance of the threat.

I agree completely. I get a lot of these every day too. Irritating to say at least.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

• 2 weeks later...

They've moved on to Members Loyalty Point scams now. Lots of these going around right now, so make sure not to fall for 'em.

[hide]

Sender: RuneScape ([email protected])

Sent: 22. heinäkuuta 2011 12:24:24

Receiver: XXXXX

Get your exclusive loyalty items! View this email in your browser

Hi there,

From today, you will be able to access a new fleet of exclusive items with the launch of the Members Loyalty Programme!

your account has been chosen

information vist : <BAD LINK DISGUISED AS A LEGITIMATE LINK>

2011 Jagex Ltd. Jagex and RuneScape are registered trademarks of Jagex Ltd in the United Kingdom and trademarks used in other countries of the world. View our Privacy Policy

. Go here

, to unsubscribe from emails.

This inbox is not monitored and you will not receive a reply to your email

[/hide]

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Ok now I actually got a new e-mail that I've never seen before.

RuneScape

Dear Player,

You have been invited to join: Exoma

This is an automated email from Jagex Ltd., the creators of RuneScape, FunOrb, War of Legends and Stellar Dawn.

Since the new clan update, we now can send players invites through the new clan system. The clan's information is below.

* Clan Name: Exoma

* Membership Status: Pay to Play (P2P)

* Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto, Miami, etc)

* Clan World: 130

* Clan Birthday: 1 March 2011

* Clan Type: Community/Events

* Clan Event Types: Varied; typically includes several activities, group training, giveaways, boss hunts and unique events (e.g. Hide and Seek)

* Clan Event Times: Emailed to players.

* Clan Incentive: Receive 2 million gold pieces when you join!

If the above suits your needs, then please apply on our Runescape clan page below,

<Link removed>

Once you are finished, please notify the player who recruited you to get access to the clan chat and receive your 2 million gold pieces!

We look forward to seeing you in game soon,

The RuneScape Team and Exoma

What Is RuneScape? Upgrade Account

GameBar Game Guides

Copyright © 1999 - 2011 Jagex Ltd. Jagex, RuneScape, FunOrb, War of Legends and Stellar Dawn are registered trademarks of Jagex Ltd in the United Kingdom and trademarks used in other countries of the world. By using our service you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. Go here, to unsubscribe from emails.

Although it's obviously fake from the fact that it's sent to your e-mail there is a error in here.

"This is an automated email from Jagex Ltd., the creators of RuneScape, FunOrb, War of Legends and Stellar Dawn."

Jagex never "created" War of Legends, they just published it.