Tip.It Times - 10th July 2011 (Interview with SUOMI)

Racheya

Best part of interview, DotA shout out. Have you tried playing League of Legends? It's fairly similar and there are just as many trolls at the early levels but overall lots less leavers and such. Good luck on your goal.

Or start playing competitive DotA, I love the game too :D

Nah, Heroes of Newerth is easily the best DotA-copy out there.

It is the best DotA copy. Which is why I don't play it. Because it is literally a copy and I could just play DotA for free. I will admit I only played HoN during the beta so I'm not very up to date on it but I still here it is more or less copy paste DotA. I do read S2Nome's blog from time to time and he seems pretty smart so I don't doubt it is well developed, I just don't care about graphics enough to invest when DotA is still around. LoL is a significant depature from DotA and it is quite difficult to compare them seriously. It is like comparing Halo to CS or RS to WoW. Both FPS/MMO but they go different directions. Hopefully Ice and Valve get it right with DotA 2!

Also I'll be the first to say I was dissapointed when they took away tree spirit. They dropped a lot of natures and were fairly easy to kill. Plus they did help pass the time, especially when one would spawn and everybody would freak out trying to figure out if it was theres or not.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad DotA 2 is supposed to be Mac compatible.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I really liked that interview S U O M I! The responses felt very genuine, like you're disillusioning a proverbial 'machine' which produces EXP, revealing it as nothing more or less as another individual like any of us. Not that there aren't many people who do, or don't think about you in that respect (In no way am I trying to be offensive), but seeing the words in stone with your very own eyes, I think, is a very important part of the 'discovering' process, that is, discovering what kind of person S U O M I is when you haven't actually had the pleasure to make the acquaintance in avatar (Not sure if that was a run-on sentence? Haha). Good luck! Really, though, I'm sure you wont need it because you have that multi-faceted driving force: that overbearing confidence every day; the certainty that what you're doing is right. I wish I had friends whom so substantially would donate to my cause! Just goes to show how much confidence they can put in you, and that's a very obvious positive connotation. I'm jealous :P

Till next time eh?

Chayyliel

chayyliel.png

@ Crocefisso & Hamtaro

Nice work you guys! I am always a little saddened when I head out to fish or mine. Whereas I once used to wear as little of value as possible, to guard against the possibiilty of death by river trolls/golems/tree spirits, now I can wear whatever I want (and afk as much as I want). This is useful for leveling, but detrimental to fun (or, as you appropriately noted, the level of engagement and variety). In the short run, most of us are only thinking about levels. But, as all of us have at some point or other experienced, just getting a high skill level or getting a new piece of gear is not, in and of itself, satisfying.

Keep up the good work,

- Sired

siredwrdross.png

RS wiki [...] a website I've used about three times in my life.

Seriously? The Tip.It forums are fantastic, but there's no possible way for any website crew to match the volume of content/data produced by a wiki with near-unlimited contributors. You're missing out.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png