got scamemd, just need to talk,

Diomedus

Dishonesty ruins this world. There's no difference between stealing someone's possessions IRL and in runescape, and people here seem to condone it and even admit to it. Pretty sad.

I agree with you, however since the world isnt perfect I see it as a good thing that people are taught not to trust people who offer them free crap over the internet or real life. Can you honestly say that OP getting scammed is bad if he learned this lesson of how to survive in this imperfect world.

Stop being so nearsighted and focus on the whole picture and you will see why i condone it. Pretty sad that you cant see that

So in a nutshell: It is acceptable and even desirable to inflict suffering on an individual now if possible, greater suffering is to be avoided later.

Did you study Bentham and utlitarianism by any chance? The problem is where to draw the line:

If I dragged someone down an alley at knifepoint and only stole half of their money? Because it teaches them that people might mug them at knifepoint and steal all their money, maybe even stab them? Would that be ok? Does the lesson justify the means now?

Should I offer children sweeties in the park then only punch them in the face if they accept, thus teaching them a valuable lesson about how joyless the world can be - at least they won't be getting kidnapped? Undeniably being kidnapped and all that may follow is far worse than being punched in the face.

There is a huge difference between taking a positive lesson out of a negative experience and essentially wishing it upon them or being glad when it happens.

Dishonesty ruins this world. There's no difference between stealing someone's possessions IRL and in runescape, and people here seem to condone it and even admit to it. Pretty sad.

umad?

You're the [bleep]ing epitome of the idiot generation. There's nothing wrong with being mad over something you care about. In fact, I'd argue that apathy is far worse. That meme is old, annoying, and taken way out of context.

I took a Dexter Morgan approach not too soon after my first lure. And I would never steal IRL.

False distinction actually: You just admitted to stealing IRL. You sat at your computer (IRL) and willfully deceived someone (who also exists IRL) to steal something which they had invested time in acquiring. Just because it takes place across the internet and what you acquired cannot be liquidated for real world currency doesn't make it and less dishonest and frankly pathetic. The point is not that what you took had or didn't have monetary value it is that it had value to your victim. If I broke into someone's house and stole something of sentimental value but no monetary value I'm pretty sure it would still be distressing for them and, crucially, still theft. So in what sense is what you did different?

In a strict legal sense you are correct; you didn't break any laws except those of RS possibly. In every other sense you are an oxygen-thief.

iratebadger.png

How did you make the 50m in the first place? I find it really hard to believe that someone who likely spent 50-100 hours gaining 50m would trust some idiot with 80% of it.

w4M8t.png

How did you make the 50m in the first place? I find it really hard to believe that someone who likely spent 50-100 hours gaining 50m would trust some idiot with 80% of it.

That's just the money I've slowly aquired through the course of playing the game and doing the daily shop run for like, idk, probably over a year at least. Plus whatever I made doing w/e, minus what I spent getting the 99s I have.

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

War is not about who's right, it's about who's left

Sorry to hear from your loss. I think everyone has been at a point where they lost money due to other people's evilness. Been lured into wildy wearing a red h'ween, been hacked for over 500m because a guy I had been friends with for nearly 4 years suddenly hacked into my account with all the info he gathered over the years to solve my recovery questions... I mean: there's no limits to the greed of other people. Now I stopped sharing personal info and I'm not helping out people anymore. If a stranger comes to me for a helping hand I tell 'em to leave me alone. Sad how bad experiences changed my in-game behaviour and kindness...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Sorry to hear from your loss. I think everyone has been at a point where they lost money due to other people's evilness. Been lured into wildy wearing a red h'ween, been hacked for over 500m because a guy I had been friends with for nearly 4 years suddenly hacked into my account with all the info he gathered over the years to solve my recovery questions... I mean: there's no limits to the greed of other people. Now I stopped sharing personal info and I'm not helping out people anymore. If a stranger comes to me for a helping hand I tell 'em to leave me alone. Sad how bad experiences changed my in-game behaviour and kindness...

wow, that's awful, I mean, losing that huge amount of time, cash, and effort is bad, but to have a friend do that, that's, terrible, to put it in clean language.

I've been fluctuating between being talking and being helpful and being only nice to my friends. Like, I've seen a few low level players being mauled by bears or whatever, I go kill the bear for them.

What kept you motivated to play after those kind of losses? being betrayed by a friend and losing 500m + a red mask and whatever else?

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

Brewing is a good way of making a weekly million if you have a bit of the stuff from trouble brewing. Just do greenman's ales, 16 glasses of the mature stuff is worth 1M and takes about 2-5 days to brew. So cheap it's practically free. Collect in glasses, NOT kegs.

You could also try cleaning herbs with the scroll of cleansing from dung, if you can be bothered to get it (very possible at your dung level). Not sure if this is good cash anymore, but...it might be. Do some research on that, I would.

If you collect in calquat kegs, you can use glasses on them to get pints separately. This saves you the trouble of banking when doing a run.

Oh really? Thanks, I didn't know that: I thought the stuff got stuck in kegs forever lol.

I'm not an efficienado.

That sucked. I hope you learn a lesson from it. If you want to give strangers your money/items, you're better off letting a stranger like me hold on to it. :lol:

Anyway, good luck getting back on your feet. *Gives OP a big huggy*

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Someone that can't spell "scammed" gets no sympathy from me.

Jeez, chill out bro, have you never had a typo when typing? It's not cool to get flamed just for that.

This sucks bro, with your stats, it might be a good idea to kill those dwarfs that drop Dragon Pickaxes? :) I hope you're lucky if you do.

TRUE DIS.

i'm 12,000 years old and what is this

This sucks bro, with your stats, it might be a good idea to kill those dwarfs that drop Dragon Pickaxes? :) I hope you're lucky if you do.

ooo, that's intersting, I think I'll head over there and see how that goes. Thank you

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

wow, that's awful, I mean, losing that huge amount of time, cash, and effort is bad, but to have a friend do that, that's, terrible, to put it in clean language.

I've been fluctuating between being talking and being helpful and being only nice to my friends. Like, I've seen a few low level players being mauled by bears or whatever, I go kill the bear for them.

What kept you motivated to play after those kind of losses? being betrayed by a friend and losing 500m + a red mask and whatever else?

What kept me motivated is the fact that RS remains the nicest game MMORPG I've ever played. The goals are very long term and the game itself provides fun for every type of player. Whether you are a skiller (like me) or a mercher, pker or bosshunter; the game remains challenging...

I've tried other games like LOTRO & WOW and those were fun to start but once you reached max combat & max crafting levels all there was left to do was farm bosses week after week to get max gear. And by the time you reached that they plan a new update box, you had to buy again (on top of the +10 member fee month after month) and you could restart leveling, crafting and getting geared up again.

Not my cup of tea.

OT: Besides there are scammers in every game and WOW is probably the game that has the most hacked accounts ever. So after all RS isn't so bad :) The best thing to do is not to worry too much about in game value and just have fun in your own way. Losing cash because of greedy people isn't fun, especially when they rob all of your bank value but you still have your skills to get back on track. Exactly 2 months after being hacked I've gathered 7 skillcapes and got almost all my money back. Got full melee slayer gear again (bandos, dfs, rapier etc etc) only thing is still miss is my Armadyl ranged gear but working on that now. Should have that in less than 10 days normally :) Making cash is very easy once you got the skills...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

What kept me motivated is the fact that RS remains the nicest game MMORPG I've ever played. The goals are very long term and the game itself provides fun for every type of player. Whether you are a skiller (like me) or a mercher, pker or bosshunter; the game remains challenging...

I've tried other games like LOTRO & WOW and those were fun to start but once you reached max combat & max crafting levels all there was left to do was farm bosses week after week to get max gear. And by the time you reached that they plan a new update box, you had to buy again (on top of the +10 member fee month after month) and you could restart leveling, crafting and getting geared up again.

Not my cup of tea.

OT: Besides there are scammers in every game and WOW is probably the game that has the most hacked accounts ever. So after all RS isn't so bad :) The best thing to do is not to worry too much about in game value and just have fun in your own way. Losing cash because of greedy people isn't fun, especially when they rob all of your bank value but you still have your skills to get back on track. Exactly 2 months after being hacked I've gathered 7 skillcapes and got almost all my money back. Got full melee slayer gear again (bandos, dfs, rapier etc etc) only thing is still miss is my Armadyl ranged gear but working on that now. Should have that in less than 10 days normally :) Making cash is very easy once you got the skills...

That's intersting. I've been doing some thinking, and I also noticed a bunch of lvl 3 pures with 99 farming when I've been doing herb runs. I think that if I lost this account, that'd be the one thing to make me quit, otherwise, like you said, I think I'll just keep doing whatever skills and not worry about the in game value. The money will come. Skills and fun should be the focus. I've actually been debating about going for another 99, or also just doing slayer to get melee up.

I haven't dared trying other MMO games. I feel like I picked my one game (actually my first MMO) and I should stick with it. I like it, and I wouldn't want to start over. I like the huge variety RS has, and even if you get maxed there is still plenty to do even if you get tired of boss farming.

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

I can't stand those scammer, couldn't we just play legit and have fun?

Unfortunately, it's not as profitable. As long as crime pays, it will continue.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I can't stand those scammer, couldn't we just play legit and have fun?

Unfortunately, it's not as profitable. As long as crime pays, it will continue.

Even if it didn't pay, some people would continue to do so anyway just to screw people over.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau