Is there any high level use for abbysal vine whip?

superway25

I'll start off saying we can ignore the weapon for general use besides the spec. Pvp use is also very limited, so Im mainly focusing on pvm, and whether it can be the best special anywhere. Currently claws are the best melée special almost everywhere, with Korasi's being the best in a few areas.

Would the spec beat d claws in kuradels dungeon with +40 damage on every hit. Mainly for steel, iron, and maybe blue dragons. Could you spec one monster in multicombat, then attack another while the spec is going?

Are there any areas where the vine whip spec will outperform claws and korasi?

superway26.png

Personally I doubt it.

The special is pretty cool, but nothing special (excuse the pun).

I'd stick with Dragon Claws if you have the money, or Korasi's if you have the requirements.

I think for now, DDS is still a better poison weapon as it's fast, cheap and just works. Until I try the new whip I'm dubious!

I think that it won't have much effect in Kuradal's Cavern due to the duration length of the spec. The three monsters that I personally killed in the cavern were steels, irons, and occasionally abyssals. The monsters don't take long enough to justify using the spec; claws on abyssals and korasi's on metals, I imagine, would increase dps more and result in faster kills. The special is really only applicable with monsters that are in a multi-combat zone and do not move. The only monster that fits that description on my task list was mutated bloodveld (maybe dagannoth if you kept auto retaliate off, but that seems to me like it wouldn't be worth the bother). I'm not sure if swapping weapons would end the special early, but if it does I doubt the special would make up for the loss on not using a rapier for the duration and using claws or korasi's for a spec.

I don't think it will have any affect on high-level slaying, but I haven't tested it at all so I can't be entirely sure. The chances of it are, however, slim and negligible if it does make a positive difference.

I hear the vine's special it boosted in power if you switch to a stronger weapon, as the vine attacks calculate damage based on your current str/atk bonus. Also, they say that the vine attacks also take on certain special properties of your current weapon, such as keris and balmung dealing extra damage on certain monsters, as well as barrows set effects. If all this is true, it sounds like it could have some awesome applications! Someone should try the spec on a dagannoth task and switch to a balmung; the AoE as well as the balmung damage boost could be beastly.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I hear the vine's special it boosted in power if you switch to a stronger weapon, as the vine attacks calculate damage based on your current str/atk bonus. Also, they say that the vine attacks also take on certain special properties of your current weapon, such as keris and balmung dealing extra damage on certain monsters, as well as barrows set effects. If all this is true, it sounds like it could have some awesome applications! Someone should try the spec on a dagannoth task and switch to a balmung; the AoE as well as the balmung damage boost could be beastly.

saw that comment on zybez too

apparently veracs hits full damage if you switch to that set (although dharoks does not)

havent tested tho

Naaxi.png

Someone should try using the new spec on the Kalphite Queen and then switch to a Keris right after, see if they can get lucky and do some serious damage.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

the spec has its uses, even in pvp. Since the vine whip draws power from you if you use the special attack and are wearing full veracs it will actually negate the 20% strengh rule, making it the most possible dps in game. Tried in duel arena with movement off, - just sillly how strong it gets.

EDIT: there's a few threads about it on rsof, appereantly it works wonders on wyrewatches when switching to the flail of ivandis too.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

the spec has its uses, even in pvp. Since the vine whip draws power from you if you use the special attack and are wearing full veracs it will actually negate the 20% strengh rule, making it the most possible dps in game. Tried in duel arena with movement off, - just sillly how strong it gets.

EDIT: there's a few threads about it on rsof, appereantly it works wonders on wyrewatches when switching to the flail of ivandis too.

So would it be effective to go to the wild in full veracs with the whip (with whip vine), find a dharoker who is semi low on hp, throw a bola at him to make sure he can't get out of the whip spec, then vine whip spec him and switch to veracs flail and attack him. After the spec stops, switch to chaotic maul or something for the KO? (I don't really know anything about pking, I haven't tried to do it seriously since RSC, so I'm kinda just making stuff up here).

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

That sounds insanely elaborate and not really worth the setup time :D

Just for interest's sake, the binding time of the bolas is determined by whether your target is using protect/deflect ranged, and whether he's holding a slash weapon or not.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

That sounds insanely elaborate and not really worth the setup time :D

Just for interest's sake, the binding time of the bolas is determined by whether your target is using protect/deflect ranged, and whether he's holding a slash weapon or not.

While it would be quite complicated, it would be interesting to see it tested. I'd test it myself, but there's a number of problems I have that make it so I can't.

1. My computer is WAY to laggy to even think about entering the wilderness if there are lots of people around that are fighting. I went out there with some bolas the first day they came out and DC'ed after hopping over the wall and clicking out into the wild.

2. I'm not an experienced PvPer. I don't think I'd stand a chance even if my computer didn't lag.

3. I don't own any of the gear that I mentioned.

4. I don't have enough money to buy all of said gear.

If someone does try this out though, you should make a video of it, or at least report back to us on how effective it was. (The bola may not be the best option (You'd probably have to throw a few of them to get the stun to land since dharoks has good range defence), freezing them with ice barrage or something and then switching to the veracs + whip might work better. Plus, the ice spell would add some damage, so you might have a better chance of killing them).

Vine whip spec/ Ivandis flail swap for killing vyrewatch. Likewise I've heard good things about Vine Whip spec/full veracs switch for pking.

hf with your rapier degrading to 0 in 30 mins then.

This is a little off topic but, HappyBunyip, if you're in DGS then eventually you will have far more tokens then you know what to do with.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

For tasks where it would be a waste to use a chaotic Rapier, such as Daggonths or Abberant Spectres.

It's never a waste of you can make a reasonable amount of money and/or you have a lot of dg tokens anyway.

On tasks such as Daggonths, the benefit of using the rapier is small, and besides, lets not forget that tokens have a value for experience. Theoretically, you could boost your experience gains by 10%, assuming you'd already gotten all the rewards and ring upgrades you wanted.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

For tasks where it would be a waste to use a chaotic Rapier, such as Daggonths or Abberant Spectres.

It's never a waste of you can make a reasonable amount of money and/or you have a lot of dg tokens anyway.

On tasks such as Daggonths, the benefit of using the rapier is small, and besides, lets not forget that tokens have a value for experience. Theoretically, you could boost your experience gains by 10%, assuming you'd already gotten all the rewards and ring upgrades you wanted.

Don't forget that rapier improves cannon accuracy as well.

PM me in game anytime

That's extremely tiny... jijilentosmi was entirely correct.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Don't forget that rapier improves cannon accuracy as well.

I've heard this, but does anyone know by how much or if anyone has collected data on this?

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Vilandra did noticed it on one of her accounts and discovered that cannon accuracy is effected by both your range level and the highest attack bonus of your weapon. This means that your cannon will hit more often if you have 99 range and are wielding a maul then then with 80 range and a rapier. However it won't increase the max hit of the cannon so the boost isn't huge.

As for the exact formula, I'm not sure what it is.

PM me in game anytime

Correct me if I'm wrong but afaik it's not ranged level per sé, Villandra simply used a ranged weapon because her only raised combat stat was ranged (due to cannoning @ 10 hp) and when using a ranged weapon your ranged level affects your accuracy. I believe xpx tested that cave crawler kills/hr are significantly lower without turmoil. That leads me to conclude that it's max accuracy roll, not ranged level + gear bonus.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Edit: I think I misunderstood you, sorry. I see what you're saying now and that makes more sense.

PM me in game anytime

Correct me if I'm wrong but afaik it's not ranged level per sé, Villandra simply used a ranged weapon because her only raised combat stat was ranged (due to cannoning @ 10 hp) and when using a ranged weapon your ranged level affects your accuracy. I believe xpx tested that cave crawler kills/hr are significantly lower without turmoil. That leads me to conclude that it's max accuracy roll, not ranged level + gear bonus.

Of course they'd be lower. You're boosting your melee by using turmoil. I think it'd be on a false pretense to come to a conclusion of that sort.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Cannon Accuracy is Based on 4 important factors;

Enemies Ranged Defence - This is an obvious reason.

Enemies Magic Defence (Theory)- This is a lesser well known theory, that Cannons are Magic-Based Range. There are a few situations that will make this apparent. If you were to try Cannoning the Guardian in the Priest in Peril Quest, you'll get the message, "This beast isn't affected by your magical attack!" which is the same message you get when attempting to cast spells on it. The second example is for the Magic Arena. In the minigame you can only damage the wizard with Magic. If you try to cannon him, your cannon will successfully kill him (and faster than any other method to be honest). I discovered these on my 10 hp account a few years ago.

Total Attack Bonus - The cannon's accuracy is based on your current weapon, and it's attack style. If you have a Rapier wielded and on the Slash option, the cannon will use your Slash Attack Points, where if it's on Stab, it'll hit based on your Stab Attack Points. This is the biggest Factor on Cannon accuracy.

Factors affecting current Attack Style - Any boosts such as potions and prayers DO boost the cannons accuracy, notably attack/ranged potions depending on if you're using a Melee or Ranged weapon. This also bases off your Ranged/Attack level, but they do not have as big of an effect as Attack bonus.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?