Tele-Lag?

L2Pullout

It occurs after you teleport multiple times (probably around 40-70 i'm not sure) and when it starts happening rs has a 10 second delay-freeze after every teleport. It's very frustrating when doing a skill like summoning where you are constantly teleporting. I know I am not the only one that this occurs to because some of the other people doing summoning via castle wars & graahk are complaining about it. The only way to fix it is to log out and back in and then you have to re-enter your pin. That time adds up when doing 10k charms.

I could see it being some kind of anti-bot measure, it would definitely hinder the bots productivity a lot since they aren't advanced enough to detect it happening and log out and back in. I don't think regular players should have to pay because jagex is incapable of taking care of the bot problem.

L2pullout.png

There have been a few threads on the RSOF about this and Jagex said they're working on it. I believe this first started occurring around the Clan Camp update.

Makes training summoning such a pain. >.>

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Yeah this is quite annoying and it has been happening for awhile. I'll finally go back to summoning once it's fixed, but who knows if that will even be this year.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

:\ I found just switching to a lower-ping world seems to help a tiny bit, but yea, the lag is quite bad sometimes.

I noticed the same problem when I did prayer training. I just logged out to lobby and back in and it usually fixed the problem, but yes, I will agree that it is annoying.

However I don't really think it's an anti-botting measure.

Trollbomber.png

I believe starting a duel (being teled into the duel arena) is also considered a teleport. I've noticed that as I stake more and more (not more money, but more fights) I start to lag REALLY BAD getting into the arena. There have been times where I don't even get to see the fight. I click accept on the final screen, get the "Loading, please wait" message, then about 20 seconds later I see a huge stack of damage on everyone in the arena, myself and opponent included, and one of us is dead. It's super annoying because that makes it so I don't get to style switch at all during the fight which leaves me at a disadvantage. Logging out does help, though it resets your PID which isn't fun to do when you've got a good one and don't feel like relogging multiple times and testing it multiple times before your next fight.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Was doing some runecrafting the other day and noticed it, I don't see it as anything very major, but I've heard that Jagex are working on it. :thumbsup: Probably won't get a fix until after citadels because I think they are to busy with that to worry about anything else.

Isaact20.png

Isaact20.png

I'd never notice if this happened to me, because everything on RS lags for me. Part of the reason I play very little these days.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Seeing as Jagex knew about this tele-lag problem for a few months now (and still hasn't done anything about it), I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a fix for that long.

I get the tele lag as well (made getting 96 summon a pain), so I did some research to see if it could've just been my internet (I am on dialup after all, and unable to get anything better in my area), but there are several topics on RSOF about this as well. Some of them dating back a few months.

The only JMod posts I saw on the topics I read were rehashed versions of the same thing - update Java, delete the RS cache, etc... none of which work. Hell, I saw at least one JMod post this exact same 'advice' on a topic where on the first page, several different posters offered the exact same solutions, which were shot down as not working. Kinda makes you wonder how much JMods pay attention to what they're posting, doesn't it.

Guess we can only hope Jagex gets off their lazy asses and does something about it, but I personally am not getting my hopes up.

Link_Olaran.png

I thought this problem was only me... guess not. It is a very annoying problem indeed.

Same here. I thought it was just my computer/internet connection for a while. I even decided I was going to be done with staking until I got myself a new computer that wouldn't lag so much. Now I'm not so sure about being done with staking..... Though I'm sure a new computer probably would help a bit, my current laptop is awful.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I'm pretty sure it started with the update they released the death hats. Duelling the first day you'd start having massive lag after a short while every time you start a new one.

I can't remember if it's just with teleporting or just loading a certain area over and over... thought jagex woulda fixed it by now though.

It's incredibly annoying in the Dual Arena. I hope they fix this soon, or it's going to take even longer than it already is to upgrade my Duellists Cap. :(

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...