Tipit Fantasy Football 2011/12

Johannas

For the last few years i've always done a fantasy football team. Thought it would be a good idea to create a Tipit League.

Usually I just do English Premier League and English Championship (Football, soccer etc...) but if you follow a different sport with a similar competition I think it would be a good idea to collate all of the leagues in this thread.

If you have no idea what Fantasy Football is then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football_(Association)

It would be cool to get as many tipiters as possible in as many different sports. Football is the only one i'm aware of but i'm sure the American's have a similar thing for Baseball/Basketball/Ice Hockey/American Football etc...

I will update the list of 'official links' here. (A lot of the websites will not start until nearer the beginning of the season but here's one for starters)

THE LEAGUES

fantasy.football-league.co.uk (code is 1974)

fantasy.premierleague.com (code is 136464-45741)

[Needs more Leagues!!]

For the premier league i usually use the official barclays one (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/) but i am aware that the Sky/Various newspaper ones are also popular so will go with the most popular until the season starts. This thread can be used as discussion for the time being, and also a place to eye up opponents and steal ideas off one another :twisted:

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Yeah that's a good call but i think you get unlimited transfers before the first gameweek so i always make sure i have a team as early as possible to avoid missing the first deadline and losing out on points!

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I played on the rugby league's official fantasy football. I was in the top 1% after Round 6 but then my squad was decimated with injuries. <_< I'm not expecting similar results here because I don't know football players as well as rugby players but I'll give it a bash anyway.

I will most certainly be joining. Would prefer to be using the official fantasy.premierleague site as I've used it before. I also have an account for nrl fantasy league (rugby league) but the season for that is half way through so there isn't really much point in signing up for that until next year if you haven't already. I'd be interested to compare teams if anyone has though.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I would be interested in a fantasy American football league come fall :thumbup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get a full team now, on Barclays offical, name - Mixed Goodies.

Think i've gotten quite a good squad together.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

It told you which players were injured and that the Spurs game was off, you could have made changes until a couple of hours before the first game. :-?

Good start for me, quite glad we have another week of unlimited transfers as there's a bit of chop and change I need to make for next weeks games.

It told you which players were injured and that the Spurs game was off, you could have made changes until a couple of hours before the first game. :-?

Good start for me, quite glad we have another week of unlimited transfers as there's a bit of chop and change I need to make for next weeks games.

I took a gamble on Ivanovich (said he was 75% chance of playing) and Rafael wasn't announced when I'd last checked (a couple of hours before the match). Didn't want to change the totenham players because putting them back in my team would require multiple transfers and I thought I was covered as I didn't know about Rafael's injury.

When you say another week of unlimited transfers, are you talking about the wildcard or did they change it so we get two weeks of unlimited transfers automatically?

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

If you need to know about injuries, i recommend this site: http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Also, i checked my fantasy team, 12.203 in overall rank, don't know how good/bad that is tho.

Btw, is there any 'tipit' league on the official site?

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

When you say another week of unlimited transfers, are you talking about the wildcard or did they change it so we get two weeks of unlimited transfers automatically?

Fantasy Premier League - An Apology

A statement has been issued regarding the Fantasy Premier League game.

As some of you are aware, many fans trying to access Fantasy Premier League on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning will have experienced problems logging in or registering teams prior to the Gameweek 1 deadline.

While the demand reached unprecedented levels on Saturday morning, we fell short of the standards you expect from the world's biggest fantasy football game and make no excuses for what was both a frustrating and disappointing experience ahead of the new season. For this we apologise unreservedly.

technical issue

Our technical teams have been working throughout the weekend to ensure the technical issue that led to the problems experienced by users are dealt with. Work also continues to improve the quality of your experience with additional steps taken in the game itself that enable you to:

1. Receive unlimited transfers

No points will be deducted for any transfers you make up to the Gameweek 2 deadline (11:30 BST on Saturday 20th August 2011). If you have already made transfers and had points deducted, these will be restored to your overall total by midnight on Tuesday 16th August 2011. If you have already opted to play your wildcard, this too will be restored at the same time.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2421213,00.html

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

I took a gamble on Ivanovich (said he was 75% chance of playing) and Rafael wasn't announced when I'd last checked (a couple of hours before the match). Didn't want to change the totenham players because putting them back in my team would require multiple transfers and I thought I was covered as I didn't know about Rafael's injury.

Ah my bad, I didn't realise you were talking about players that weren't definitely injured.

If you need to know about injuries, i recommend this site: http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Also, i checked my fantasy team, 12.203 in overall rank, don't know how good/bad that is tho.

Btw, is there any 'tipit' league on the official site?

Thanks for that link, most helpful. The official site pool code is the second one listed in the first post.

Edit: Here is another helpful link http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/ It's got injury details, set piece takers, fantasy advice etc. It's where the official website gets its "The Scout" articles from.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png