The Runar's DIY blog — OSRS ultimate ironman

inb4youbecomenextitam69

I don't think I have that kind of patience, but I can always try :P

Nice blog and progress :)

I've always considered trying a DIY account, but can't come to grips with not training my main the entire time I play, so I'll just continue to watch your progress instead. Keep it up!

Thanks! Try a DIY account if you ever get bored of playing on your main ;)

^ Yeah. So far I've got 2 clues, both gave me crappy rewards (meerkats pouches, lumber yard teleports and some even worse stuff like runes).

Got this from a master farmer:

20111205torstolseed.png

I decided to do Troll Invasion too:

2011120549slayer.png

Good luck on your goals, it's nice to see other players playing as a DIY'er.

A tip for a shield, doing the quest 'Summers' End' will give you a spirit shield as one of the rewards which has slightly better defensive stats then a rune kiteshield and has no negative stats to Range and Magic, the shield does however have a 55 Prayer requirement. Even if you don't want the shield I would recommend doing the quest for the experience rewards, especially Prayer, and the spirit portal access.

Good luck on your goals, it's nice to see other players playing as a DIY'er.

A tip for a shield, doing the quest 'Summers' End' will give you a spirit shield as one of the rewards which has slightly better defensive stats then a rune kiteshield and has no negative stats to Range and Magic, the shield does however have a 55 Prayer requirement. Even if you don't want the shield I would recommend doing the quest for the experience rewards, especially Prayer, and the spirit portal access.

Spirit shield could be quite good, but considering the requirements for Summer's End, I'll probably have a defender before a spirit shield. Thanks for the tip anyway, I'll probably do the quest at some point for the other rewards.

Making some very good progress, I saw you cookering today <3

=)

Did 2 subquests to get better gloves. Going to do more later

20111207rfd2sub.png

I like the circus :)

2011120750magic.png

I think I'll try Barrows later today. I'm going to do it more once I get 55 slayer for magic dart (or perhaps 50 ranged and 47 hunter for orange salamander?), even though it will probably be a while until I get 70 attack & defence for the equipment. Well, it could take several hundred tries to get a full set, so better start early :P

Dat prayer bonus :o (note how the mace is the only item that costs anything, so this is basically +27 prayer bonus for free and minimal requirements) I'm also going to buy a dragon dagger and poison it with the poison I got from Observatory quest a month or so ago, should be useful for giant mole and such.

20111207praybonus.png

Anyway, as I said I did a round of Barrows. I used four prayer potions, which is not really a good thing considering how hard ranarrs are to get. I also had Dharok in tunnels <_< Probably going to use citharede robes for free prayer restore next time, of course it's much slower but doesn't cost anything.

20111207barrows.png

The reward was a pile of runes and ~2k cash. Runes should be useful for magic training, so not a completely useless reward.

20111207firstbarrowsrew.png

Welfare barrows gear is welfare xD

What's wrong with my barrows gear, it's excellent <_<

Anyway I did a few quests today. I still had some free quests left, so I did them all, except Demon Slayer, which I'm going to do later. The quests I did were Pirate's Treasure, Black Knight's Fortress, Prince Ali Rescue, Swept Away and finally Murder Mystery to do the last Seers' easy tasks. Gained 13 QP :)

20111208seerseasy.png

Now I have completed every easy task in the game :)