Various photos - 19th july HDR take 2 and some randoms

Sy_Accursed

If you don't have a remote Shutter, then use the Self Timer on the camera. This should eliminate any shaking of the camera, as it has time to "settle down".

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I had no remote cause I rushed them a bit (the moon ones only); but I do have a remote in my kit that I normally use, I have two if you count the intervalometer that can do tht too.

It was literally a case of fast moving clouds = missed shot.

Then midnight-ish in not much clothing cat came off window sill and nudge curtain so I noticed shot was back but with fast moving clouds so I darted outside with setup as it was to try and grab the shot(s) it was freezing and I wasn't exactly in a place to pause and think to do remote or timer; due to clouds moving and me becoming rather cold.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

How is asking a question not taking criticism?

Also how is it not taking criticism to want comments made on the second attempt, which no-one did they just kept banging on about the first attempt?

Especially given the 2nd attempts are quite clearly less sharpened and less contrasted than the originals.

What question have you asked that didn't get answered?

Its not taking criticism because the comments were made to both attempts you are just too mad at the criticism to realize it because nothing changed between 1 and 2...

The only ones in the 2nd attempts that are less sharp and contrasted are the non-"HDR" ones...

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

I asked how it was not conditions for HDR to be used given the whole purpose of HDR is to capture images where half/part of it would be blown out in light or swamped in darkness in a normal exposure.

Also Nadril, Tripisis and Elk Night clearly did not refer to the second attempt:

Nadril "Maybe this is too mean but looking at the daytime shots hurts my eyes. Like, physically I can't just stare at them for too long." - Looking at the daytime shots shows he looked at first 3 only as that post was split daytime and nighttime; opposed to the second attempt post.

Elk Night - agreed and quoted one of the first attempt pictures, so clearly not talking about the second attempt

Tripisis - "It's particularly noticeable in the glare and clouds on the first HDR. I'd say the best is the last HDR because of the intersting cloud colours and shape." - The last hdr interesting colours and shapes clearly refers to the last of the originals which again shows not looking at the 2nd attempt.

All them clearly referring to the first attempt only.

So I fail to see how it is a bad thing I want feedback on the second attempt when all their comments clearly only centre on the first attempt.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In my opinion, it's not about being fully blown out, or swamped in darkness. It's about showing the highlights, and lowlights of a scenery. Look at all of these (Scroll down): http://www.stuckincustoms.com/hdr-tutorial/ None of them are blown out, and all of them look stunning.

I've said it before, and now I'm saying it again. Go take a photo of a building or something simple, that is still, instead of diving right in and tacking something big.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

In my opinion, it's not about being fully blown out, or swamped in darkness. It's about showing the highlights, and lowlights of a scenery. Look at all of these (Scroll down): http://www.stuckincustoms.com/hdr-tutorial/ None of them are blown out, and all of them look stunning.

I've said it before, and now I'm saying it again. Go take a photo of a building or something simple, that is still, instead of diving right in and tacking something big.

They are like that because they are HDR, when you look at the individual exposures the middle one is sort of meh bit blown out and a bit over dark in various places. The over-exposure then is blown out light areas, but the darker areas are captured correctly while the under-exposure loses the dark areas and captures the light. The point being HDR is used to achieve that when you can't with just a normal photo, I didn't mean the final outcome is blown out or anything but the inputs are.

eg:

12.jpg

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Protip: if you don't want comments on an already posted photo, remove it.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

[<Cutty cut cut> I didn't mean the final outcome is blown out or anything but the inputs are.<snippity snip>

Sorry, I appeared to have misunderstood you there before.

ojdv.jpg

The scene may well have been right for HDR, but in your final image you've got an awful lot of detail lost in the clouds. As you rightly said, the point of HDR is to over expose one shot for detail in the darker areas, under expose to get the detail in the brighter areas and expose properly to get the mid tones. You didn't really under expose enough to capture the detail in the clouds.