Just a what if..

Wkw

People like Sonic wouldn't be able to play. Not fair.

OT: Oh man looks like we've got a James Dean fan!

Still amazed by what he was able to accomplish while only being in 3 movies. It is such a shame he had to die so young.

This isn't a good idea. Banning an entire country will have mostly negative effects. I can't even imagine what it would do to Jagex's morale.

the-graduate-bus.png

Still amazed by what he was able to accomplish while only being in 3 movies. It is such a shame he had to die so young.

This isn't a good idea. Banning an entire country will have mostly negative effects. I can't even imagine what it would do to Jagex's morale.

What morale?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

thats profiling.

for some reason its frowned upon.

I don't see why. It works for the Israelis.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

What morale?

emotional or mental condition with respect to cheerfulness, confidence, zeal, etc., especially in the face of opposition

They would create a too negative image for themselves, which also would hurt their precious profits and piles of money and such :D

I can't see anything like that happening.

What morale?

emotional or mental condition with respect to cheerfulness, confidence, zeal, etc., especially in the face of opposition

I didn't ask what morale was. I just didn't know Jagex had any morale at all.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

People should never be judged on what country they are from, but what they do. This idea will not solve anything and it is also illegal.

Pretty sure it's not illegal..

sig2-3.jpg

People should never be judged on what country they are from, but what they do. This idea will not solve anything and it is also illegal.

It's illegal if they're banning an entire race of people (don't know how'd they do that through a game). Banning a country would just be like a tariff or something, not really illegal.

Into_Werewolf_RETURNS_by_AbyssWolf.gif

It's illegal if they're banning an entire race of people (don't know how'd they do that through a game). Banning a country would just be like a tariff or something, not really illegal.

Citizens of a country aren't a race. You can do it if you want. They can refuse service to whomever they like.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

What if Jagex prevented people from logging into RS from accounts in China, or known macro countries? Yes, that would ban people from playing in those countries who are legit, but kill a few for the greater good?

Like, if 90% of all logged in accounts from a country were botted, then it would be a candidate for blocking.

That would only work on uninformed people like you. Anyone who can create and implement an automation system to play runescape can get past this small technical hurdle you speak of.

Its like locks, they only keep honest people out.

It would only screw over the 10% legit players... the botters would have this beat by lunchtime. It only takes a few min to set up a proxy.

Fools_Taco.png

Tbh Australian officials at airports got in trouble for profiling people from Nigeria as drug traffickers. Both races from Nigeria, black and Asian, were being detained.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Tbh Australian officials at airports got in trouble for profiling people from Nigeria as drug traffickers. Both races from Nigeria, black and Asian, were being detained.

But were they actually drug traffickers? The reasons why the Israeli's profile people is because it works.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

They'd just log in via proxies, which many of them currently do anyway.

Was going to post this. As far as Jagex can tell, they aren't logging in from China- they are logging in from wherever the proxy is. All a China IP ban would do is stop non-tech folk being able to play.

But were they actually drug traffickers? The reasons why the Israeli's profile people is because it works.

Well obviously the vast majority weren't; which is where the problem lied. And by targeting these people they started ignoring other groups with some among them being drug traffickers. This pseudo-racial profiling phase must have been a dream come true for drug traffickers from countries other than Nigeria.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

A few states [in the United States], Arizona particularly have started to legally profile Hispanics as illegal immigrants until they can prove otherwise. It's really an act of desperation, they can't stop illegal immigration, so they resort to types of efforts that are in the grey area. I'm sure it works effectively, but it becomes a major pain in the ass for legitimate citizens of Hispanic origin. The same is true with the premise of this thread.

Edit: A ban on a country would be more like a trade embargo. A tariff is set in place to promote domestic spending, whereas a trade embargo cuts off trade entirely, presumably because country A finds some reason of principality to distance itself from country B.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Hey, if there was a magical computer that could tell "which country all the bots are coming from" why doesn't it just ban all the goddamn bots?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

my thoughts exactly

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"