People killing runecrafters

Robert_R

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, of course...pking is childish...mature people go grind skills.

No sense whatsoever. PKing also gets money/items, so that's pretty stupid too.

Wasn't one of the big arguments for returning the wilderness that the region is meant to be dangerous? You can't really accept that and fault people for going after easy, profitable prey. If you want something to blame, blame the mechanic itself. Blame the guys that designed RC to be as slow and painful as possible and then forced RCers to train in the wilderness to bring it up to 'almost bearable'. But don't blame the people who use the mechanic as it was intended to be used.

It's a rather simple answer:

This is a role playing game. You take an area that is known for defenseless (almost defenseless anyway) people with a small but easily gained sum of cash, and there will be bandits there to rob them.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

A legit reason for killing abyss rc'ers would be the bots, of course.

But it's pretty hard to tell who's a bot and who's an actual player in this case.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

A legit reason for killing abyss rc'ers would be the bots, of course.

But it's pretty hard to tell who's a bot and who's an actual player in this case.

Pretty much this. Unless you were hunting for the fun of it, there is really no point in abyssal pking just to stop bots.

I was once killed when I was abyssing. I was wearing a regen bracelet, trimmed glory (don't ask why >_>), and some other stuff. Oh yeah a few hundred tele tabs and stuff.

I got clawed. All I did was laugh for failing so hard and never abyssed again.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

hmm...this seems pretty interesting, i might try, what worlds are most popular?

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

They are part of the game, it is in the wildy for a reason... and yes it was there before there were revenants. But in the early days you could get your pouches back... now you lose them always, they should make it so you can keep them always but w/e not that it will cost you that much to buy them back at GOP :P

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Really as I said: didn't you guys play in 2007?

Abbys pkers were pretty common back then. I went full time abbys rcing (gained 91 at january/february 2008) and met about 1-2 pkers an hour. Most were neglectable weak, but world hopping, pre checking (use heights/trees to your advantage), letting yourself getting hit by a skelleton, quick dropping pouches, always taking a 1 click teleport (if they tb they still have to dmg / bind after wards and you can still use the mage to teleport you) cheap good anti mage gear (to prevent binds/tbs). Were just standard practice.

Is that no more the case? Well maybe you should take those when you go to the wilderness?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Really as I said: didn't you guys play in 2007?

Abbys pkers were pretty common back then. I went full time abbys rcing (gained 91 at january/february 2008) and met about 1-2 pkers an hour. Most were neglectable weak, but world hopping, pre checking (use heights/trees to your advantage), letting yourself getting hit by a skelleton, quick dropping pouches, always taking a 1 click teleport (if they tb they still have to dmg / bind after wards and you can still use the mage to teleport you) cheap good anti mage gear (to prevent binds/tbs). Were just standard practice.

Is that no more the case? Well maybe you should take those when you go to the wilderness?

They aren't. I've gotten 55 glories from rcers now and none of this occurred.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Stream, SOL and new mage stuff that came out after 07 makes welfare mage def gear obsolete. You really can't stop an RC pker if he knows what he is doing.

I use mystic and chaotic staff and splash a good amount still.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Stream, SOL and new mage stuff that came out after 07 makes welfare mage def gear obsolete. You really can't stop an RC pker if he knows what he is doing.

I use mystic and chaotic staff and splash a good amount still.

I use ahrims with c staff/stream/unholy book, and with 99 mage and just a regular mage pot you rarely ever miss a tb or entangle on someone wearing d hide. Someone wearing d hide and a pickaxe without pray or food stands absolutely no chance of surviving.

Yeah, damn shame glories are worth less than half what they were thanks to the crash in prices because of the wildy coming back. So a handful of little kids can sit and pk people for glories but RS is being overrun with bots and prices have plummeted. Swell. WTG with your votes kiddies! :thumbsup:

Yeah, damn shame glories are worth less than half what they were thanks to the crash in prices because of the wildy coming back. So a handful of little kids can sit and pk people for glories but RS is being overrun with bots and prices have plummeted. Swell. WTG with your votes kiddies! :thumbsup:

Do you happen to be frustrated in anyway at all, bro?

Hell no! I love all the bots and the fact that practically everything is worth less than half what it was a year ago (rares being the exception).

OutSTANDING!

:---)

The runes with best profit, why is that wtf lol? I never get killed anymore... Seems high level pkers around L138 don't bother about rc pkers... Only nub lowlevel pkers do that

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Because of the wildy coming back? What?

Glories plummeted in price during restricted trade, or have you forgotten that?

hzvjpwS.gif

They are part of the game, it is in the wildy for a reason... and yes it was there before there were revenants. But in the early days you could get your pouches back... now you lose them always, they should make it so you can keep them always but w/e not that it will cost you that much to buy them back at GOP :P

Really? I never knew you could get pouches back. Anyways, at least these days you can buy them back rather then grind for an hour + in the abyss. Anyways, unless the guy TBs you then entangles you, you can just tele away.

Personally, if you want to blame anything, blame the mechanic.

For the record, this is coming from a guy who's last experience with abyss pk'ing would have been pre-GE RC'ing. I don't think I have ever PK'ed an abyss RC'er. Altho I found them annoying, that was how the game worked.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Hell no! I love all the bots and the fact that practically everything is worth less than half what it was a year ago (rares being the exception).

OutSTANDING!

:---)

Shut up.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

You see that tb flying from a mile away: giving you enough time to "dodge" the bind by hiding behind a tree.

Besdies, does nobody let skelletons attack them before running through the open (after the trees)?

Come on, show a bit of intelligence and use the game to your advantage.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.