What would you pay....?

Wessan

As far as bots go, other games that cost $15 a month still have bots. You will always have bots as long as membership is affordable for anyone.

You still had bots when there was no free trade. Bots are a fact of gaming life.

While it's true that bots exist in any MMO, it's also fair to say that the problem is much larger in Runescape for a couple reasons.

1) Almost everything in runescape can be botted. The gameplay of Runescape is much more repetitive than most other MMO's and that is something bots are good at doing, unlike humans who do not have an infinite attention span.

2) Money is extremely important in the Runescape metagame. You need money, and lots of it, to get the highest and most efficient rates of experience in the majority of skills. Unless you are a dice host, lucky staker, or something similar, earning money will slow down your experience gain drastically.

These two factors combined make botting, and by extension, RWT (real world trading), very attractive. Bots are much more of a glaring issue in Runescape than in other MMOs.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

It's extremely easy to find a method that gains 500k gp/h as a bot. If you have 1 bot running 10 hours a day that would gain you 5m a day. In 2 days you would gain 10m, and if you sell your gp at 50 cents a mill you would gain 5 dollars in 2 days. That would leave you the other 28 days to gain profit.

That was at $5 a month for RS membership.

Even at $15 a month for membership, you would have 24 days left to make money. And that is at a measly 500k gp/h, selling for under what gold goes for now.

Any higher than a $15 membership fee and nobody would actually pay for membership.

Keeping in mind this is for us ACTUAL players, not gold sellers. :rolleyes:

Popoto.~<3

Why would I want bots gone?

Why would people pay MORE to have bots gone? The only negative of bots is a black demon task, which is in the larger sense meaningless when you consider how positively they affect the economy.

Take 5 minutes out of your day and try to mine in an F2P world in the Mining Guild. Then reiterate what you've just said.

I don't mine in a f2p mining guild.

Seeing as this thread is targeted towards members by its very title I don't see how that is relevant.

Of course not. But let me assure you that there are more negatives than just a Slayer task. Consider that bots replace the new players which would normally supplement the economy with coal, Yew, iron, etc. Yes, they help the economy in that view, but they hurt the game overall; a new player would either quit or switch to botting themselves to compete with those resources.

Then again, as long as the economy is stable, it's not a big deal. Right? rolleyes.gif

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

As far as bots go, other games that cost $15 a month still have bots. You will always have bots as long as membership is affordable for anyone.

You still had bots when there was no free trade. Bots are a fact of gaming life.

While it's true that bots exist in any MMO, it's also fair to say that the problem is much larger in Runescape for a couple reasons.

1) Almost everything in runescape can be botted. The gameplay of Runescape is much more repetitive than most other MMO's and that is something bots are good at doing, unlike humans who do not have an infinite attention span.

2) Money is extremely important in the Runescape metagame. You need money, and lots of it, to get the highest and most efficient rates of experience in the majority of skills. Unless you are a dice host, lucky staker, or something similar, earning money will slow down your experience gain drastically.

These two factors combined make botting, and by extension, RWT (real world trading), very attractive. Bots are much more of a glaring issue in Runescape than in other MMOs.

Pretty much this. The only way to get rid of a large portion of bots (the players who only bot certain skills because they're so repetitive) would be to change the game drastically. And that's just not going to happen.

I currently have 2 P2p accounts so glad its not $15 each Month. Paying more would mean that Jagex would probably have more ways to keep Bots off & LOTS of Updates :thumbup:

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Pretty much this. The only way to get rid of a large portion of bots (the players who only bot certain skills because they're so repetitive) would be to change the game drastically. And that's just not going to happen.

RSC -> RS2?

There's precedent!

Anyway, I would pay $7 at most, but only because 7 is a good number and isn't a huge increase. And probably also because my parents have paid for it since the early 2000's whether I played actively or not!

There's actually no "switching to WoW" for me anyway; If the price gets that high, my parents will probably stop paying, I won't be willing to pay in the league of $15, and I simply won't have any subscription-based games. I don't play other MMOs.

And just as a kind-of sidenote, I don't think people have that kind of trust in JaGEx. "If you pay double what your subscription costs now, we'll rid the game of bots!" "How?" "We can't tell you! It's a secret!" "Lol GL with that."

And most of the population will leave.

2dgucz6.png

Keeping in mind this is for us ACTUAL players, not gold sellers. :rolleyes:

Well the point is that if Jagex were to actually raise the price, goldfarmers would still be able to keep a steady profit.

There is no legitimate price Jagex could charge for this MMO that would hinder goldfarmers. Therefore, the only reason for Jagex to raise the price is because they want more money.

Stellactic.gif

Shouldn't be paying for services that we should already be getting. That being said, I'd probably find another game to play. :???:

Tec106.png

The fact that nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

RSC -> RS2?

There's precedent!

Anyway, I would pay $7 at most, but only because 7 is a good number and isn't a huge increase. And probably also because my parents have paid for it since the early 2000's whether I played actively or not!

There's actually no "switching to WoW" for me anyway; If the price gets that high, my parents will probably stop paying, I won't be willing to pay in the league of $15, and I simply won't have any subscription-based games. I don't play other MMOs.

And just as a kind-of sidenote, I don't think people have that kind of trust in JaGEx. "If you pay double what your subscription costs now, we'll rid the game of bots!" "How?" "We can't tell you! It's a secret!" "Lol GL with that."

And most of the population will leave.

$7 Sounds good. If the price would ever rise over $10/month I'd probably go and play WoW :ohnoes:

Already having to pay 15 bucks for an active WoW sub, I probably wouldn't pay more than $10. Either way, goldfarmers are making too much money in general for it to be a hinder, and I there's still F2P which they could probably still make a profit from. And hacked accounts/stolen credit cards from people who try to buy powerleveling or gold from said goldfarmers :\

Into_Werewolf_RETURNS_by_AbyssWolf.gif

Why should I pay more for services I should be getting already.

This. With the lower price of membership (I'm comparing mainly to WoW. Which as far as i know is mostly, if not completely, bot free) I don't expect to see something like Blizzard's Warden, but there should be something.

WoW has as many bots as the internet has trolls, so no, bot free is far from it :rolleyes: . There will always be large amounts of bots in all online games, that's just how it is. When the game learns how to detect a certain kind of bots, they make more bots, quite simply I don't think it will ever end.

Back on topic, I would be willing to pay $25 if Jagex found a way to make the ENTIRE game bot free. Which will not be happening any time soon. <_<

Isaact20.png

Isaact20.png

After not playing runescape for 3 years I'd say zero dollars. However, when I played bots were really annoying but still not worth paying real life money to get rid of.