Rs Email

Jesus_Status

I just got an email from [email protected] saying that I've been trying to sell my account which is wrong. In case my account had been hacked I changed my pass. What I need to know is whether or not this is a legitimate email or fake. I clicked the first link and it was blocked by my anti-virus and said it was a phishing site.

This is a picture of the email.

3.png

Jesus_Statuz.png

This is fake. Jagex will never contact you regarding offenses against your account. They won't e-mail you to say you need to "Verify your account information," or to say you've committed a RWT offense, etc. Anything like that will be done through your RuneScape Message Centre. The ONLY e-mails Jagex will send you are RuneScape/other Jagex game newsletters.

In any case, you never, ever, ever need to click on links in e-mails. Simply navigate to RuneScape.com on your own.

You should read this: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/jagex-emails--how-to-know-its-safe-

Jagex will never contact you via email to discuss your account, unless you have already contacted us with a request for support at one of the following email addresses:

Jagex will never contact you to:

• Offer you moderator status.
  • Verify your account details.
  • Identify that you are the account holder.
  • Advise you that your account will be suspended, muted, banned or has “received an infraction”.
  • To confirm a change of address, if you have not requested it

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I learnt this the hard way, I thought it was legit and followed the link, someone tried to hack my account (tried to change both my PIN and my password)... :wall: not my best decision ever.

Dusk%20Soul.png

They do contact you through email to confirm/cancel your email subscription aswell.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

You can almost always tell because the English in the email is very obviously not the person writings its first language. This one is a better example but still the grammar and sentence structure is pretty bad.

inb4 someone points out all the holes in my grammar/spelling

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Also, if you hold over the link in the mail, and see at the bottom left corner, a tiny "window" shows where it says the real link (they often use the security.jagex.com link in the mail, as a fake link, the real link will show in the window, and it'll say Runescape.verifyaccount[LikelyScam] or something similar to that. That means it's just a fake scam site.)

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE FROM MY OWN MAIL.

GD4fX.png

Notice the link in the left corner, and that link is the same as the one shown in the mail.

TRUE DIS.

i'm 12,000 years old and what is this

How are these random people getting your email? I've never received anything like this

If you leave your email public in your profile on Runescape forums (such as here on Tip.it) they can get your email. I have removed mine from my profile and haven't received any fake Jagex emails since.

As a golden rule, I do not click links in my email. I'd rather hear about it in my message center or on the Runescape front page.

j0xPu5R.png