Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Toki_Hakurei

20_mvc01small.jpg

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upp-DOXNMdc

Gameplay Overview

The epic rematch looms in the distance as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 prepares to take the battle to all-new heights. With new iconic characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes, 48 characters on disc, a refined fighting system and new modes, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the Capcom fighting game legacy when it releases this November for the low MSRP of $39.99.

Features

• The Ultimate Roster – Twelve new legends from Marvel and Capcom join the fray, bringing the roster of characters on the disc up to 48, and a total of 50 with DLC.

• More Legends – Includes some of the most iconic and celebrated characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes, including Strider and Firebrand from the Capcom side and Ghost Rider and Hawkeye from the Marvel universe.

• Newly Balanced – Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 offers re-balanced gameplay that will provide accessible depth for both newcomers and pros alike.

• Enhanced Modes – After many fan requests, Spectator mode is now available as part of an overall improved online experience along with other new modes and enhancements.

• Low Price – The ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom experience can be had at a low MSRP of $39.99.

The rest of the cast...

[hide=These spoilers aren't a lie. There's no turning back...]JDOqE.jpg[/hide]

MvC3 Beginner's Corner (Read these subsections first if you have no clue what I'm talking about.)

[hide=Motions]

(assuming that your character is on the left facing right)

QCF Qcf.pngdown.pngdownright.pngright.png - Quarter circle forward. Down, down-forward, and forward in one fast and smooth motion.

QCB Qcb.pngdown.pngdownleft.pngleft.png - Quarter circle back. Down, down-back, and back in one fast and smooth motion.

HCF Hcf.pngleft.pngdownleft.pngdown.pngdownright.pngright.png - Half circle forward. Back, down-back, down, down-forward, and forward in one fast and smooth motion.

HCB Hcb.pngright.pngdownright.pngdown.pngdownleft.pngleft.png- Half circle back. Forward, down-forward, down, down-back, and back in one fast and smooth motion.

DP Dp.pngright.pngdown.pngdownright.png - The Dragon Punch motion. Forward, down, and down-forward in one fast and smooth motion.

RDP Rdp.pngleft.pngdown.pngdownleft.png - The Reverse Dragon Punch motion. Back, down, and down-back in one fast and smooth motion.

NumberPad motions - Just like a numberpad on the right side of most keyboards. Usually used to save space when typing out a combo.

7 8 9

4 5 6

1 2 3

5 = Neutral/Standing

236 = QCF

214 = QCB

41236 = HCF

63214 = HCB

623 = DP

421 = RDP

[/hide]

[hide=Attacking and Guarding]

[hide=Normal Attacks and other Notations]

l.png = Light Attack

M.png = Medium Attack

h.png = Heavy Attack

s.png = Special Attack

Atk.png = Any attack that's not S

Atk.png + Atk.png = Any two attack buttons that aren't S

a1.png = Assist 1

a2.png = Assist 2

j. = jumping/air

sj. = Super Jump

c. = crouching

st. = standing

[/hide]

[hide= Other Moves]

Air Combo

up.png after hitting s.png

Basic meter builder. The rest of the combo is up to you.

Magic Series Air Combo

s.png, up.png, j.M.png, j.M.png, j.h.png, j.s.png

The basic air combo that almost all characters can do.

Special Move (examples)

Qcf.pngl.png ... Hcb.pngM.png ... Dp.pngh.png

Moves that require a special motion to be used.

Hyper Combo (Uses 1 or 3 Levels of Hyper Meter) (examples)

Qcf.pngAtk.png + Atk.png ... Dp.pngAtk.png + Atk.png ... l.png, l.png, right.png, M.png, h.png

There are many variations of Hyper Combos in MvC3. They exist in three flavours: Level 1, Level 3, and the Jean Grey exclusive Level 5.

Most deal heavy damage such as Ryu's Shinkuu Hadouken.

Some enhance a character's abilities for a short time such as Dante's Devil Trigger.

Some limit an opponent's abilities for a short time such as Viewtiful Joe's Viewtiful God Hand.

Some deal EXTREME damage such as Wesker's Lost in Nightmares.

Jean Grey is the only character who has a Hyper Combo that restores her to full health for one time only if she has 5 Levels of meter.

Throw/Break Away

right.png or left.png + h.png

Initiates a throw to the opponent. Some characters can combo off of their throws.

Attempting to counter-throw the opponent who's trying to throw you will end up in a Break Away, though the timing is strict.

Snap Back (Uses 1 Level of Hyper Meter)

Qcf.pnga1.png or a2.png

Successfully landing this will force your opponent's point character to swap with one of his assist characters you chose to force tag-in.

Guard

hold left.png (mid and high guard), hold downleft.png (low guard), hold left.png in air (air guard)

Basic defence. Some moves either need to be blocked low or high. Guarding does not work on throws though some command throws are blockable.

Advancing Guard

Atk.png + Atk.png while guarding

Pushes the opponent away giving you some breathing room. Can be done repeatedly as long as you are blocking.

Assists cannot be pushed, however.

Crossover Assist

a1.png or a2.png

Summons an assist character to attack with a special move.

Beware: The assist character can be attacked and will take more damage than the point character.

Crossover Attack

Hold down a1.png or a2.png

Also known as the tag-in, swaps your point character with the assist character you chose.

Crossover Counter (Uses 1 Level of Hyper Meter)

right.png + a1.png or a2.png while guarding

Allows your point character to swap with the assist character you chose while blocking.

The tagged in character has some invincibility upon entering and retaliates with the assisting move you picked.

Delayed Hyper Combo Attack (Uses 2 to 5 Levels of Hyper Meter)

Input the command for another Hyper Combo while you have a Hyper Combo active. Can be done twice in a single combo.

Swaps in your Assist 1 and then, if you want to, your Assist 2 depending on how much meter you have.

Great for safe tag-ins.

Crossover Combination (Uses 2 to 3 Levels of Hyper Meter)

a1.png + a2.png

Your point character summons any assist characters you have available to perform a combined Hyper Combo Attack

Team Aerial Combo

up.png or left.png or right.png or down.png + s.png (during an Air combo hit)

Allows your point character to swap with one of your assist characters and extend the air combo. Can be done twice in a single air combo.

The directions you send the opponent in have different properties:

Upward: Sends opponent in the air. Inflicts most damage. Takes away 1 Level of meter from opponent.

Sideways: Smashes opponent against the wall. Mediocre damage. Takes away 1 Level of meter from the opponent.

Downward: Slams opponent into the floor. Weakest damage. Builds you 1 Level of meter.

Team Aerial Counter

up.png or left.png or right.png or down.png + s.png (while receiving Air Combo)

Input the same command as your opponent does.

Guess Right: The opponent gets slammed into the wall and you will end his combo.

Guess Wrong: Your opponent's TAC continues.

X-Factor

l.png + M.png + h.png + s.png

Increases damage output and speed of your point character and remaining assists for a short amount of time.

Cancels any action you are doing which can extend combos greatly.

You can only use this once per match. Use it wisely.

The potency of X-Factor increases as you lose characters:

Level 1: All characters fine.

Level 2: Two characters remaining.

Level 3: One character remaining.

[/hide]

[/hide]

[hide=Hit Properties] Low - These are Normal Moves or Special Moves or even Hyper Combos that must be blocked while crouching. You can always Air Block these moves, however.

High - These are Normal Moves or Special Moves or Hyper Combos that must be blocked while standing. You can always Air Block these moves, however.

Unblockable - These are moves that cannot be blocked at all. These moves are very, very rare.

Damage on block - Interestingly enough, some Normal Moves actually do Chip Damage even though they are Normal Moves.

Normal throw - Every character has one. They are easier to do than command throws, but they can be broken out of if the opponent attempts to counter-throw at the very same moment. However, all types of throws will not work on opponents that are in hit stun or block stun.

Command throw - Some characters have this. They require a special input to use (usually a HCB, but there are exceptions), but these cannot be broken out of. However, all types of throws will not work on opponents that are in hit stun or block stun.

Air throw - Some characters have this. They only work on opponents that are in the air. However, all types of throws will not work on opponents that are in hit stun or block stun.

[/hide]

[hide=Hit Effects]

Launch - Launchers are moves that can be canceled into Super Jumps. Launchers, as mentioned before, cause special properties that allow for Air Combo Finishers and Aerial Exchanges.

Off the ground - Or OTG for short: These are Normal Moves or Special Moves or Hyper Combos that can hit the opponent in a Floored State.

[/hide]

[hide=Useful Websites]

Shoryuken.com - The place to go for threads on beginner and advanced combos and playstyles.

The MvC3 Hyper Guide - A wiki that gives you basic information of every character.

Eventhubs - An ongoing blog that gives up-to-date news regarding the fighting game community.

[/hide]

Gameplay Tweaks (taken mostly from neogaf.com and neoempire.com)

[hide=Overall]

Note 1: X-Factor can be activated in the air.

Note 2: The attack and speed increases for each character while in X-Factor have been adjusted. Additionally, the damage reduction minimum while in X-Factor has been decreased from 50% in MvC3 to 35% in UMvC3, and Hyper Combos performed during X-Factor will now be subject to damage scaling.

Note 3: An upward exchange during an Air Combo will take away 1 bar of your opponent's HC Gauge.

Note 4: When you launch the enemy in the air with a Special Attack, hold the button down and your character will automatically super jump to follow the launched opponent. (This can be turned on or off in the Options menu.)

Note 5: The window for Aerial Exchange Counters has been adjusted, making it easier to land one.

Note 6: If you land a Snap Back attack on an assist character, similar to the landing it on the point character, the assist will become unavailable for a short period of time.

Note 7: It will no longer be possible to block during an air dash.

Note 8: Overall meter building has been reduced to around 90% of what it was before.

Note 9: In MvC3, the amount of hit stun caused by assists was fixed, but in UMvC3 hit stun caused by assists will also be subject to hit stun deterioration during combos.

Note 10: For characters who have 8-way dashes, the speed on their down-back air dash has been slightly decreased.[/hide]

[hide=New Characters]

[hide=Strider Hiryu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-YEbw5WyJA[/hide]

[hide=Ghost Rider]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q10TQRKICsY[/hide]

[hide=Firebrand]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysNoDOtjVnE[/hide]

[hide=Hawkeye]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf8Xm0bG6OU[/hide]

[hide=Nemesis T-Type]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EO_9w608Ig[/hide]

[hide=Doctor Strange]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ahh38jv-Q[/hide]

[hide=Vergil]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AE_o6LDwfk[/hide]

[hide=Iron Fist]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHklgGaIlsM[/hide]

[hide=Phoenix Wright]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZBXsZi3g88[/hide]

[hide=Nova]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz4hfMYSiSs[/hide]

[/hide]

Tip.iters Taking You For a Ride

(bold = Forum Name; normal = Gamertag)

[hide=Xbox Live]

Toki Hakurei - Toki Hakurei

[/hide]

[hide=PlayStation Network]

I need some names people.

[/hide]

Feel free to use this thread to talk about vanilla Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as well.

Edited by Toki_Hakurei

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

So its pretty much like a SSF4? I might check it out when it comes out after skipping MvC3. I like fighting games but I never have the will to improve in them.

So its pretty much like a SSF4? I might check it out when it comes out after skipping MvC3. I like fighting games but I never have the will to improve in them.

At least the practicing and learning curve is less mind-numbing in mahvel than it is in SSF4:AE. I find chaining combos to be more fun than doing ridiculous one-frame links.

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

My thought progression on hearing upon these news:

1)Oh sweet, more carachters, maybe now i'll finally be able to use megaman on my team

2)FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Seriously capcom just seems to be crapping all over megaman now, he deserves to be in MvC 3 :(

But serious props for including Phoenix Wright, can't wait to see it's UC's.

The blue bomber was already in MvC2. In my opinion Capcom made a great call by putting Strider in MvC3 as he is an MvC2 favorite. Frank West needs to cover more wars. Nemesis is there for the classic Resident Evil fans. HOW THE HELL IS WRIGHT SUPPOSED TO FIGHT!?

/inb4objectionshiswaytovictory

Hey, if they could make Roll into a carachter in past vs titles they can certainly pull Wright off. My bets for his Ultra's are objectionspam, the psyche locks as his lv 3 and maybe calling out franzisca so she uses ehr whip or something.

Added a glossary for terms most people that are new to fighting games. Which is like 80% of the people on this website...

Added a few more things to the gameplay tweaks section.

If it wasnt 40$ i problably wouldnt get it since i bought mvc3 and expected atleast spectator mode of all things. I also cant wait for people with 100$ sticks to beat me since i only use the regular controllers lol...

foxtrot.jpg

so liek i know this dude name foxtrot and he luvs me

Sticks are really relative, while I certainly play better street fighter and blazblue with sticks, for some reason I always play mvc and Mortal Kombat better with a regular 4-button controller, dunno why.

If it wasnt 40$ i problably wouldnt get it since i bought mvc3 and expected atleast spectator mode of all things. I also cant wait for people with 100$ sticks to beat me since i only use the regular controllers lol...

But Black Gootecks uses a pad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOxN35IJcPg

Make sure you skip to 0:42 first.

But Black Gootecks uses a pad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOxN35IJcPg

Make sure you skip to 0:42 first.

never seen there vid series before lol.... still though i dont think i'll ever pitch in 100 bones for fighting sticks :P

foxtrot.jpg

Dammit Capcom. Stop getting me hyped this early.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLJhGZcADP8

EDIT: Made the Gameplay Tweaks section more user friendly.

It's a shame they're not releasing this as DLC for those who already have the game, means we miss out on characters and features unless we buy the entire game again. Oh well.

Look on the bright side. We get Spectator Mode, we get a story mode (hopefully), and we get new characters which would have accumulated to $60 worth of DLC.

Also I updated the "Glossary and Jargon" section to the "Beginner's Corner" section for those who are new to fighting games.

[hide]Which is 75% of this whole website...[/hide]

EDIT: DarkDude after you read this you will be grateful that UMvC3 is not DLC:

http://shoryuken.com...el-vs-capcom-3/

Another edit:

- Added character videos to the "New Characters" subsection under the "Gameplay tweaks" section.

- Added and changed information to the "Overall" subsection.

- Added and changed information to the "Characters" subsection.

- Added a "Tip.iters Taking You For a Ride" section for people who own the game and want to play each other.

- Added useful websites to the "Beginner's Corner" section.

- Added more information to the "Other Moves" subsection under the "Attacking and Guarding" subsection.

Edited by Toki_Hakurei

It's a shame they're not releasing this as DLC for those who already have the game, means we miss out on characters and features unless we buy the entire game again. Oh well.

i agree with you mostly but it is going to cost 40$ so they cut us some slack atleast..... i think..... did they? lol

foxtrot.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAwPBpQuZww

Maximilian does the best character tutorials ever. X-23 is sooooo good despite the lack of players using her.

[hide=Part 1]

[/hide]

i agree with you mostly but it is going to cost 40$ so they cut us some slack atleast..... i think..... did they? lol

I can't think of another modern game that does this, SSFIV being an exception but they fixed that with AE.

It's an outdated and pointless method of updating games, when DLC and digital distribution in general is as big as it is it makes no sense at all not releasing this as DLC. Why should I have to buy the entire game again just to get additional characters when there's a much better alternative out there.

It's a shame that people still stand for this crap and don't protest about it.

I can't think of another modern game that does this, SSFIV being an exception but they fixed that with AE.

It's an outdated and pointless method of updating games, when DLC and digital distribution in general is as big as it is it makes no sense at all not releasing this as DLC. Why should I have to buy the entire game again just to get additional characters when there's a much better alternative out there.

It's a shame that people still stand for this crap and don't protest about it.

As I have said before:

Look on the bright side. We get Spectator Mode, we get a story mode (hopefully), and we get new characters which would have accumulated to $60 worth of DLC.

EDIT: DarkDude after you read this you will be grateful that UMvC3 is not DLC:

http://shoryuken.com...el-vs-capcom-3/

Because they overprice their DLC doesn't make it excusable.

People have complained about the price of the DLC characters since the start especially as data for them was actually included on the disc.

The whole updated version of the game on disc is an outdated model and needs to be dumped. There's a reason why no games do that any more. There are a couple of on-disc only expansions but you're not rebuying the game at the same time with that and those are few and far between.

Having it all on one disc is great, but they NEED to have other methods of obtaining the new content rather than basically saying "You already bought the game? Well tough luck, you'll have to buy it again and be able to do nothing with that old disc!".

Rebalancing the game via a patch is entirely possible so that's not an issue. So all you'd be paying for is 12 characters and 8 stages, now why don't they just sell that for $20 (Or maybe even $25) rather than making people have to spend $40 for in my opinion, not $40 worth of content.

People have complained about the price of the DLC characters since the start especially as data for them was actually included on the disc.

The whole updated version of the game on disc is an outdated model and needs to be dumped. There's a reason why no games do that any more. There are a couple of on-disc only expansions but you're not rebuying the game at the same time with that and those are few and far between.

Having it all on one disc is great, but they NEED to have other methods of obtaining the new content rather than basically saying "You already bought the game? Well tough luck, you'll have to buy it again and be able to do nothing with that old disc!".

Rebalancing the game via a patch is entirely possible so that's not an issue. So all you'd be paying for is 12 characters and 8 stages, now why don't they just sell that for $20 (Or maybe even $25) rather than making people have to spend $40 for in my opinion, not $40 worth of content.

Apparently Niitsuma's excuse on that argument is the earthquake and tsunami:

http://www.destructoid.com/sdcc-interview-niitsuma-on-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-206630.phtml

you have a point i was pretty mad that they charged for content that was already on the game itself but thats just like companies now a days to squeeze every nickel and dime out of its customers... am i still going to buy the game? yes am i going to complain about the price? yes am i going to write a letter and boycott the company? no because theres still a part of me that wants to see megaman :<

foxtrot.jpg

Well it's only Capcom still doing this crap and it needs to be stopped right here. Although it seems lots of people still take their crap and will continue to do so. I'm confident if enough people protest properly they will stop with this horrid outdated model and actually keep iup with the rest of the industry. Capcom in general are still a long way behind the rest of the gaming companies when it comes to a number of things and not just this, but I guess that's mainly a Japan thing really.

Well it's only Capcom still doing this crap and it needs to be stopped right here. Although it seems lots of people still take their crap and will continue to do so. I'm confident if enough people protest properly they will stop with this horrid outdated model and actually keep up with the rest of the industry. Capcom in general are still a long way behind the rest of the gaming companies when it comes to a number of things and not just this, but I guess that's mainly a Japan thing really.

Ok so what you're saying is that getting hit by a natural disaster which messed up a lot of Japan's power plants which caused blackouts to most of the country for the first couple of weeks is no excuse for a gaming company to change some plans? And on top of that, putting the would-be-DLC for the first game that would have cost $60 or more (12 new characters for $5 a pop) on a different disk with $20 taken off the price is a horrible thing?

Is it me or do a lot of gamers have a crapload of self-entitlement issues?

1) Capcom gave EVERYONE a $20 discount with the new disc.

2) Tournament organizers HATE keeping up with DLC. All the content they need will be on one disc save for Jill and Shuma-Gorath.

3) I'd pay $40 for Lobby Spectating so I can record my friends playing.

Nothing at all is stopping them from releasing this pack as a downloadable pack as well as a combined disk, that would be the best way to do it and wouldn't be forcing people to buy the entire game again.

Because they hugely over charged for DLC ($5 per character is a joke) does not work as an argument. Given that the original game cost $60 and included 36 characters $40 for 12 is a joke still, debunking your argument even more.

I'm not getting a discount, I'm paying an EXTRA $40 on top of what I got the game for, that's not a discount that's an extreme price. It also completely makes my current disc redundant.

Can you please explain why they can't just release a $20 pack for those who already have the game to download? They can still release the $40 disc so those who don't have the game already (And tournament organisers like you said) can buy it handily in one package. There's is absolutely zero reason why they can't do that, which is what they did with Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, why on earth can't they do that here? It's because they know that they can get away with it and all their fanboys will still buy this crap when it is basically daylight robbery and a hugely hugely outdated model. Sad really.