animation changes

Gilformen

Weve made some technical improvements to the way our game engine works with animations. These changes will help us in future development and result in a better-looking, smoother game experience for everyone.

Weve done all that we can to test the effects of this change, but as there are tens of thousands of animations in-game it is possible that there will be some animation glitches, particularly for older content.

If you see any animations that look unusual in game, please send us a bug report so that we can investigate fully and resolve the issue as soon as possible. You can do this by clicking submit a bug report under the Help drop-down menu on www.runescape.com, or by clicking here.

Mod Easty

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

So.... What else is new?

well as with any new update the things listed in the update message tend to be exactly what is new. Sorry if I misunderstood but what exactly were you asking

It's more of a sarcastic "they"ve been doing it constantly, it's not really much of a surprise or even news anymore" type of thing. Didn't think anyone could misunderstand that :unsure:

So.... What else is new?

well as with any new update the things listed in the update message tend to be exactly what is new. Sorry if I misunderstood but what exactly were you asking

Quitting runescape and trolling the forums makes you look like you're better at life than everyone else.

129084255865200099.jpg

Silly Rocked, assumptions are for kids.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

So.... What else is new?

It's more of a sarcastic "they"ve been doing it constantly, it's not really much of a surprise or even news anymore" type of thing. Didn't think anyone could misunderstand that :unsure:

They've been doing updates constantly so its not news anymore? Wonder why we have a new thread for each update then? This wasnt a server maintenance restart it was an update. Probably why I am confused about your complaint

But from the sound of it it's more like a small graphical update they post in patch notes, not like a main update. Also by them saying "technical improvements", it's usually things like lagg that have occurred due to previous updates.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I just didn't like the fact that there was a second system update that we got a 9min warning for. I was in the middle of a dungeon and we couldn't finish in time. This was after we failed to finish a dungeon before the first system update. So 2 dungeons uncompleted so far due to the updates. <_<

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

So.... What else is new?

They've been doing updates constantly so its not news anymore? Wonder why we have a new thread for each update then? This wasnt a server maintenance restart it was an update. Probably why I am confused about your complaint

But from the sound of it it's more like a small graphical update they post in patch notes, not like a main update. Also by them saying "technical improvements", it's usually things like lagg that have occurred due to previous updates.

It's spelled 'lag', and patch notes are only given as part of a larger main update. If you haven't noticed, Clan Citadels are tomorrow, so this is almost certainly a necessary update for that. Spreading out big updates like this when possible is a sensible thing to do so the tide of bug reports are spread out over a longer period of time.

Technical improvements are about changing things that you probably won't notice in-game, the term has nothing to do with fixing problems caused by previous updates.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

a "small grpahical update"

No dear; this is a tech update aka they have major reworked the animation engine in the game engine so that future graphical work can be of a higher quality in terms of movement.

They posted this because such a change can obviously cause older animations to glitch in unexpected ways.

Plus obviously needed for the citadels tomorrow

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I just didn't like the fact that there was a second system update that we got a 9min warning for. I was in the middle of a dungeon and we couldn't finish in time. This was after we failed to finish a dungeon before the first system update. So 2 dungeons uncompleted so far due to the updates. <_<

aba20.png

XD I got rolled back about five minutes because I lost connection at the 1:19 mark. :( Oh well. XD

Teleporting is much faster now though.

So.... What else is new?

It's spelled 'lag', and patch notes are only given as part of a larger main update. If you haven't noticed, Clan Citadels are tomorrow, so this is almost certainly a necessary update for that. Spreading out big updates like this when possible is a sensible thing to do so the tide of bug reports are spread out over a longer period of time.

Technical improvements are about changing things that you probably won't notice in-game, the term has nothing to do with fixing problems caused by previous updates.

Thank you for the spelling lesson. But if you haven't noticed, technical improvements in the past have had a lot to do with with problems caused due to previous updates. Jagex doesn't usually do this type of thing even near a big update, so it's not fair to assume that. They tend to deal with the bug reports after the update, not before. It's just something out of the norm then.

sig2-3.jpg

If they've finally fixed the teleport lag glitch, then Jagex is god.

Scratch that. The lag has DECREASED but for some reason I lag like a demon when loading new portions of the map. *sigh*

Scratch that. The lag has DECREASED but for some reason I lag like a demon when loading new portions of the map. *sigh*

Interesting. So lag has decreased, but other lag has occurred?

sig2-3.jpg

This. Loading new portions (esp. from Fally to Dray where there is also a lighting change) is hell.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Interesting. So lag has decreased, but other lag has occurred?

The teleport lag has decreased. It was instantaneous when it first came out, but now it's back to a slight delay. But now this new lag has come up where loading new portions of the map is slower than molasses. :(

So they fixed one thing and broke another? Nice. :wall:

I used to work with a guy like that. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...