The Crew Wants You! - CLOSED

The Crew Wants You!

59434790a2.png

Tip.It's Website Crew is currently looking for enthusiastic members to join the team! The Website Crew is a team of volunteers dedicated to the upkeep of the main help-site. If you've ever had an interest in being a part of it all, or think you have any skills that could make the site even better, you're looking in the right place! The Crew has many available positions each requiring very different skills and interests, there's something for everyone. Before applying, you should know a little bit about how the Crew works. It is important to not glamour a position up, as one may find the Crew was not how they expected it would be when they applied.

First off, Tip.It is non-profit organization - All staff positions here are entirely voluntary. Those putting their time into the site are working purely for the bettering of Tip.It. If accepted, you will be required to make somewhat of a commitment to put enough time into your position and in-game research whenever necessary. Crew Training and Crew Work requires time to accomplish and without this commitment, you will not be able to meet deadlines and work as a team.

Secondly, although web design, coding or mapping skills are an asset, lacking them will not stop us from welcoming you aboard. We can teach you what you need to know, so our only request is you have a willing attitude to learn whatever interests you. Being a good student will help you throughout your entire Crew career.

The Crew is very close with the rest of the Staff, and as a Crewbie you will have the opportunity to meet and work with all existing staff to help better the site. Overall, the Crew is definitely a worthy investment of time. Those who enjoy close communities and view the site as their hobby often enjoy their time being on Crew.

Positions

These are the various positions waiting to be filled within the Crew and the skills involved.

[hide=Monster Hunting Guide Editor]Requirements: - High RuneScape skills

- Experience combating high level bosses and monsters

- Must be able to collect data and find the most efficient strategies to defeat monsters

- Excellent Spelling and Grammar Skills

- HTML an asset

Responsibilities: - Researching and constantly looking for errors or improved strategies for existing monster hunter guides

- Brainstorming ideas for new monster hunting guides

- Creating new monster hunting guides as needed with the release of new monsters

- Processing forum user submissions on existing monster hunter guides.[/hide]

[hide=Bestiary Editor]Requirements: - Decent RuneScape Skills and Willingness to login and research data (Combat is important for Bestiary work)

- Good knowledge and experience with slaying monsters

- Good spelling and grammar

- Ability to create transparent images or willingness to learn

Responsibilities: - Updating existing monsters.

- Responding to feedback and site submissions about the Bestiary.

- Researching and adding newly released monsters to the Bestiary.[/hide]

[hide=Treasure Trails Guide Editor]Requirements: - Reasonable RuneScape skills

- Must be able to regularly fight monsters that drop clue scrolls and complete clue scrolls of all levels

- HTML an asset

Responsibilities: - Researching and constantly looking for errors in the current Treasure Trails guide

- Adding new clues to the guide as released by Jagex

- Updating guide based on forum user submissions

- Processing forum user submissions.[/hide]

[hide=Quest Editor]Requirements: - Reasonable RuneScape Skills to do New and Existing Quests

- HTML an asset

Responsibilities: - Researching and writing guides for newly released quests.

- Adding guides for new quests to the Quests database.

- Updating existing quests with information from forum user submissions.[/hide]

[hide=Clan Guides Editor]Requirements: - Good knowledge of the clan world, high involvement in the Clans world.

- Excellent spelling and grammar

- HTML an asset

Responsibilities:

- Authoring new guides to appear on the Clans section of our site (tutorials, etc)

- Maintaining our Clan Database and Procedural topics in the Clan Section

- Bringing new ideas for the Clan website to the table[/hide]

[hide=Maps Editor]Requirements: - PhotoShop Skills or Willing to Learn PhotoShop

- HTML and javascript are an asset

Responsibilities: - Making new maps when the need arises. (usually game updates)

- Writing new and updating map descriptions and creating/updating map pages, if required.

- Responding to feedback and site submissions regarding any maps.[/hide]

[hide=Calculator Editor]Requirements: - Knowledge of JavaScript and HTML, other languages an asset

Responsibilities: - Adding new items to current calculators and planners.

- Coming up with new calculators and planners when the need arises.

- Responding and dealing with feedback from submission boards regarding calculators and planners.[/hide]

[hide=Frontend and Backend Coding]Requirements: - Fluent in JavaScript, HTML, PHP and MySQL - Other languages an asset

Responsibilities: - Developing new features to enhance users visits.

- Maintaining and bug fixing existing scripts/features.[/hide]

[hide=Items Database Editor]Requirements: - Decent RuneScape Skills and Willingness to login and research data

-Good spelling and grammar

- Ability to create transparent images or willingness to learn

Responsibilities: - Updating existing items.

- Responding to feedback and site submissions about the items database.

- Researching and adding newly released items to the items database.[/hide]

[hide=Guides Editor]Requirements: - Willingness to login and research data, especially on game update days

- Excellent spelling and grammar

- HTML an asset

- Image editing skills are an asset

Responsibilities:

- Authoring any new guides if the need arises.

- Updating and responding to feedback relating to Tip.It guides.

- Updating Tip.It guides following Jagex Updates.[/hide]

Still interested? Excellent! To apply, you will need to fill out the following application and PM it to Staff_Applications. Please make Crew Application: <your name here> the PM subject for sorting purposes.

Remember:

• PM your application to Staff_Applications - do not post it on this topic!
  • Put Crew Application: <your name here> as the Subject
  • Remember, this application is one of the main things you will be evaluated on! Please take your time to make a good impression
  • IMPORTANT: Read every question and answer every question to the best of your ability
  • Crew applications will run for two weeks and end at Midnight GMT on August 14.

Without further ado:

[hide=Application - Read Only]

Tell us About Your Relationship with Tip.It

1. How long have you been a member of Tip.It (in months)? What is your current post count?

2. Please provide a link to your Tip.It profile:

3. Which forum board(s) do you read/post on most often?

Tell us Your Qualifications

4. How many hours do you play RS per week?

5. Are you a RuneScape Paying Member? If not, have you ever been P2P?

6. Do you have any type of image editing experience? If so, with which programs? If not, are you interested in learning?

7. Are you experienced with any coding languages, including HTML? If yes, then which one(s)?

8. Have you written any RS guides that were selected for the Tip.It Archive of Wisdom forum? If so, please provide links. Feel free to link to other guides you've written on our forums that are not in the AoW:

9. Please provide a link to 2-3 of your recent Tip.It posts that demonstrate crew-related skills (such as in-game research or images) and your contributions to the Tip.It forums (such as Website Updates, Help and Advice, etc.)

10. Explain why you want to be a Website Crew Member and how you would benefit the team:

11. Are you interested in a specific Crew position? It is best to stay open minded and have a few choices ready. This is of course not a binding commitment, just an idea of what you're interested in:

Tell Us About Your Computer

12. Which operating system are you running? Include all version numbers.

13. Do you have an up-to-date firewall? If so, which one(s)? Include Version

14. Do you have an up-to-date anti-virus program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version

15. Do you have an up-to-date spyware-detection program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version

16. Is your computer a personal computer or shared?

More About You

17. This question is NOT part of Crew hiring criteria, but will help us to know you better:

18. Tell us anything else you'd like us to know about you here! Favorite color, hobbies, sports, education, etc. Let us know who YOU are!

[/hide]

[hide=In Code Tags - Copy From here!]

[size="3"][b]Tell us About Your Relationship with Tip.It[/b][/size]

[b]1. How long have you been a member of Tip.It (in months)? What is your current post count?[/b]

[b]2. Please provide a link to your Tip.It profile:[/b]

[b]3. Which forum board(s) do you read/post on most often?[/b]

[size="3"][b]Tell us Your Qualifications[/b][/size]

[b]4. How many hours do you play RS per week? [/b]

[b]5. Are you a RuneScape Paying Member? If not, have you ever been P2P?[/b]

[b]6. Do you have any type of image editing experience? If so, with which programs? If not, are you interested in learning?[/b]

[b]7. Are you experienced with any coding languages, including HTML? If yes, then which one(s)?[/b]

[b]8. Have you written any RS guides that were selected for the Tip.It Archive of Wisdom forum? If so, please provide links. Feel free to link to other guides you've written on our forums that are not in the AoW:[/b]

[b]9. Please provide a link to 2-3 of your recent Tip.It posts that demonstrate crew-related skills (such as in-game research or images) and your contributions to the Tip.It forums (such as Website Updates, Help and Advice, etc.)[/b]

[b]10. Explain why you want to be a Website Crew Member and how you would benefit the team:[/b]

[b]11. Are you interested in a specific Crew position? It is best to stay open minded and have a few choices ready. This is of course not a binding commitment, just an idea of what you're interested in:[/b]

[size="3"][b]Tell Us About Your Computer[/b][/size]

[b]12. Which operating system are you running? Include all version numbers.[/b]

[b]13. Do you have an up-to-date firewall? If so, which one(s)? Include Version[/b]

[b]14. Do you have an up-to-date anti-virus program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version[/b]

[b]15. Do you have an up-to-date spyware-detection program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version[/b]

[b]16. Is your computer a personal computer or shared?[/b]

[size="3"][b]More About You[/b][/size]

[b]17. This question is NOT part of Crew hiring criteria, but will help us to know you better:[/b]

[list][*][b]Which age group do you fall into? (Select one) 13-15 16-18 19-25 25+[/b]

[*][b]In what country do you live? Time Zone?[/b]

[*][b]What is your RSN? Link to the RS High Scores or provide any self-updating stat-signature.[/b] 

http://services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/compare.ws?user1=USERNAME[/list]

[b]18. Tell us anything else you'd like us to know about you here! Favorite color, hobbies, sports, education, etc. Let us know who YOU are! [/b]

[/hide]

REMEMBER - Just be yourself. Trying to appear different simply to impress us will probably not make matters better. You won't be the same 'false self' all the time. Applications are not being run on a first come, first served basis so take your time. Each and every application will be reviewed by the current Crew members and the Admin team.

We are looking forward to reading your applications! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post on this topic. Do NOT post your application here.

Tecmaster

Tip.It Crew Leader

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

KGO!

I can tell you all from personal Experience being on the Crew is an experience you will not forget, people you meet, the skills you learn and the truth behind Cowman's udders. :thumbup:

Popoto.~<3

Good luck to all those that apply!

You will learn many new things from being a crewbie, I guarantee :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Good luck to all applicants!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Good luck everyone! :)

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Good luck to everyone who applies.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Good luck to all! Being a part of any team is a fun experience :thumbsup:

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

Good luck everyone :) I'm sure there are plenty of fantastic candidates hidden away out there!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Seriously, do not be discouraged from applying if you don't have experience in image editing and coding. When I started on crew I had next to no knowledge of HTML and Photoshop, but the crew members were so helpful and patient with me, and now I'm quite comfortable with them. :thumbup:

Good luck to everyone!

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Would a f2per be of any use to the crew? I don't know much coding, unfortunately.

Although it's best to be a member (since Jagex is such a [bleep] with updates trololol), being an f2per shouldn't be a wall to joining crew. Trust me on that ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention