The Crew Wants You! - CLOSED

F2Pers can work on the crew. Only some of the work revolves around in-game research, so P2P isn't needed in most cases.

I carried on working for the Crew for two months after I quit members and throughout those two months I worked just as efficiently.

All the best to those applying. Don't be discouraged from applying if you feel you don't know a lot about coding and don't avoid applying simply because you think you're not qualified enough for the position you are interested in. It's worth a shot, chase after the goal!

It's a great experience for anyone who's interested in working on crew. I assure you it will cut down on some RS playing time, but the friends you make and the new experience you acquire while on crew make that small loss well worth it. I encourage anyone who feels even mildly interested to apply cause you never know, you might be the next individual working alongside the Tip.it Crew!

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*

My best regards to all those applying for these positions. I'd take a shot at it myself if I had the time and/or ability to do so. 8-)

~D. V. "Good Luck!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Could I get an idea of the type of time commitment required?

It's pretty hard to give a direct answer to this. The time commitment we expect of you would probably average to around one hour per day, but the actual workload may differ wildly. For example, if a big update is released, we typically have a team of people spending quite a bit more than that, so that we can release the guide that much sooner. If the people involved want to take it a little bit easier afterwards, nobody will complain about that, of course. Also, if you're willing to put in more hours because you're actually enjoying a certain project, nobody will stop you obviously :)

Also, we understand that real-life still takes priority. If you have to take a few weeks off due to vacation, exams or other events, that's no problem at all. While we expect you to invest some time into crew-work, at the end of the day it should remain a hobby, something you can enjoy in your off-time.

Threw in an application as usual. Good luck to all!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Knowing many, many languages I feel obliged to point this out:

[qutoe]7. Are you experienced with any coding languages, including HTML? If yes, then which one(s)?

There are very few "coding" languages. Coding is named when people write assembly, and there aren't many different assembly languages. The typical name should be "programming languages", which include c++, java, pascal PHP etc etc. HTML is sometimes shared under these languages, however techincally HTML isn't a programming language, it lacks abilities as "structures" and "flow control" better name would be a "markup language". Of course the upcomming html5 features is a complete different case.

just my 0.02

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Knowing many, many languages I feel obliged to point this out:

7. Are you experienced with any coding languages, including HTML? If yes, then which one(s)?

There are very few "coding" languages. Coding is named when people write assembly, and there aren't many different assembly languages. The typical name should be "programming languages", which include c++, java, pascal PHP etc etc. HTML is sometimes shared under these languages, however techincally HTML isn't a programming language, it lacks abilities as "structures" and "flow control" better name would be a "markup language". Of course the upcomming html5 features is a complete different case.

just my €0.02

That's a bit pedantic.

Its common terminology you code a website, therefore they are coding languages.

And all programming languages, markup languages etc fall under "coding language" as an umbrella term. As they are all coded instructions to the computer to create the final program or applet or website.

Is it perhaps incorrect if you follow strict technical terminology sure, but its a commonly used term that everyone knows and uses; and not everyone would know wtf it meant if you used the technically correct term.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just wondering, is it possible to apply for two roles? I'm torn between which to try for :S

You could state your interest in multiple roles - I believe some crew members currently fulfill more than one role anyway. Don't quote me on it though.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Just wondering, is it possible to apply for two roles? I'm torn between which to try for :S

That's fine, during your time as a trainee you'll get to experience several different roles within the crew and get a feel for which ones you like best. There are also several crew members who have multiple roles, if there are two that you really like that's fine. :)

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

You could state your interest in multiple roles - I believe some crew members currently fulfill more than one role anyway. Don't quote me on it though.

I officially am a Guides and Quest editor, but I also do item and bestiary entries, did many treasure trails updates, etc.

You'll pretty much always do more than what's relevant to your official role. It's up to you really.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Thank you to everyone who applied! We got a ton of great applications and are really impressed by the amount of enthusiasm we saw in your applications. At this point were are now going into the final phase of the application review process and hope to have a final decision soon. If you applied please watch your inbox over the next week or so as we'll be sending you a message soon about your application. If you have any questions or have not gotten a reply by the 25th please send me a PM. :)

Thank you again for all the great applications! :thumbup: :shades:

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape