Is this game even playable anymore?

PumpkinPete112

they cause the prices to be low making most decent consistent money makers to be not worth doing anymore. There is no point in some skills like WCing since logs are so cheap, or fishing, mining, etc, all gathering skils which used to be decent money makers are not anymore. Now you have to PVM or stake to make money. Everyone says farming is good money, but the more people that do it, the less of a money maker it is, and it isnt even that good a money maker at that. People say it is only 5 minutes but it isnt, there is gear set up, stopping what you were doing, the actual farm run and then banking and gearing back up and return to what you were doing, so it is more like 15-20 minutes all told for a farm run, to make 150K profit, so that isnt that good.

I've made 1m+ on a torstol run once. Average probably 500k. Not bad for 5 minutes. And ok maybe 6 minutes. Gear up ~30-45 seconds, actual run ~4:30, switch back ~30-45 seconds. Idk what the hell you're doing to get 15-20 minutes... can you take showers in runescape now?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're P2P and have your blinders on - such as questing dging D&D you should be (barely) okay. If you want to actually level your resource skills and heaven's forbid want an acutal resource (!) it's totally hopeless. And sadly, even non-resource skills like slayer and getting crowded out by the bots.

And if you actually want your achievement/levels/gold to mean something? Definitely look to another game.

And F2P is just hopeless in general - I'm guessing >80% of F2P population are bots now. You can go to the GE and ONLY find bots there and not a real person to talk to.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

If you're P2P and have your blinders on - such as questing dging D&D you should be (barely) okay. If you want to actually level your resource skills and heaven's forbid want an acutal resource (!) it's totally hopeless. And sadly, even non-resource skills like slayer and getting crowded out by the bots.

And if you actually want your achievement/levels/gold to mean something? Definitely look to another game.

And F2P is just hopeless in general - I'm guessing >80% of F2P population are bots now. You can go to the GE and ONLY find bots there and not a real person to talk to.

I slay, farm, fish, wc, train agility, and dg on a daily basis. None of those are "totally hopeless" as you say.

Achievements should be something that you want to get and/or are proud of. Just because others don't see them as achievements doesn't mean they aren't achievements for you.

Guessing always lead's to something good. Especially when you have no concrete proof. When was the last time you went to a f2p world? Do you have any way of proving that 80%+ of f2p is bots? Try not to make statements that you can't back up. It does no one any good.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I slay, farm, fish, wc, train agility, and dg on a daily basis. None of those are "totally hopeless" as you say.

Achievements should be something that you want to get and/or are proud of. Just because others don't see them as achievements doesn't mean they aren't achievements for you.

Guessing always lead's to something good. Especially when you have no concrete proof. When was the last time you went to a f2p world? Do you have any way of proving that 80%+ of f2p is bots? Try not to make statements that you can't back up. It does no one any good.

1. Out of the few skills you listed, ONLY wc is actually affected as those others offer unlimited resources. And most wc bots are at f2p yews and p2p ivies... But honestly, have you not noticed the ridiculous fish prices, the 20 other ppl who just showed up on your agility course, and the idiot who have no idea how to dg but have 100+ dg?

2. You really are not much of a gamer if you don't care at all about achievements. I'm not an achievement [bleep] by any means, but having achievements mean next to nothing is new for a game...

3. Just today. Maybe you should've seen my other post in this forum. Maybe you should go yourself. A few places to see - GE, mining guild, chickens. decide for yourself then.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

There are a lot of F2P bots, but they very rarely get in the way. The last time they even hindered my progress was at minotaurs, but it's not like there aren't other alternatives.

I'll give you the mining guild, but with coal/mithril being easier to mine in a resource dungeon, and iron being faster experience, it doesn't harm too many players.

1. Out of the few skills you listed, ONLY wc is actually affected as those others offer unlimited resources. And most wc bots are at f2p yews and p2p ivies... But honestly, have you not noticed the ridiculous fish prices, the 20 other ppl who just showed up on your agility course, and the idiot who have no idea how to dg but have 100+ dg?

2. You really are not much of a gamer if you don't care at all about achievements. I'm not an achievement [bleep] by any means, but having achievements mean next to nothing is new for a game...

3. Just today. Maybe you should've seen my other post in this forum. Maybe you should go yourself. A few places to see - GE, mining guild, chickens. decide for yourself then.

You said resource skills, and I named 3 of them. None of those are "helpless" including wcing. Fish prices, people at the agility course, and 100+ dging idiots don't make those skills helpless at all.

As sonikku said, f2p isn't hopeless at all and bots don't ruin the f2p game. A lot of the locations you named are bad exp, bad cash, and easy to be botted heavily. That doesn't make the rest of f2p the same.

[hide]

[/hide]

You can go to the GE and ONLY find bots there and not a real person to talk to.

That's because all the real people turn their public chat off while in the G.E. so we don't have to be bombarded by ad bots.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's playable yes, but with the amount of people Bots at LRC I was getting 1 fps, making it hard to play but not impossible.

Some things like mining coal/gold, or fishing rocktails are almost impossible unless on a non-LRC world.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

i have non-bot related issues with this game occasionally crashing on me and various other issues but other then that it is quite playable.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

It's playable yes, but with the amount of people Bots at LRC I was getting 1 fps, making it hard to play but not impossible.

Some things like mining coal/gold, or fishing rocktails are almost impossible unless on a non-LRC world.

I use w88 for gold mining, enough people to shield you from the monsters but not enough to lag you.

It's still playable. Just a matter of spending time hopping worlds and training in less efficient areas (OH GOD I SAID THE E WORD). :|

It's still playable. Just a matter of spending time hopping worlds and training in less efficient areas (OH GOD I SAID THE E WORD). :|

Where do bot's cause such a problem that you need to go to less efficient areas? I genuinely want to know because I can only think of dagannoth tasks and black demons forcing something like that.

[hide]

[/hide]

The problems caused by bots are overstated. I mean, sure, certain aspects of the game are frustrating because of bots, and profits for moneymakers are in the pits. Some places, such as Frost Dragons or Black Demons, aren't even worth going to anymore, but most of the game is unaffected by botters. Don't get me wrong, bots are becoming a huge problem [again], but it's not like it makes the game unplayable in any respects.

The real tragedy is how commonplace and accepted it's become, even if people rail against it. I've seen posters on this very forum rant about botting and then be caught botting themselves(which I find laughable). Jagex hands out slaps on the wrists and doesn't understand/care(take your pick which) that the problem is only going to worsen. A friend of mine created a new account, got membership and ran a bot program for a week and half until he was 99 Woodcutting, he never got banned and did this just to show how poor Jagex's detection system really is.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Where do bot's cause such a problem that you need to go to less efficient areas? I genuinely want to know because I can only think of dagannoth tasks and black demons forcing something like that.

Example: Red Chinchompas. -.- At my hunter level, grenwalls would be extremely inefficient.

Example: Red Chinchompas. -.- At my hunter level, grenwalls would be extremely inefficient.

Draconic Jadinko's are better than chinchompas at 81+.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

The problems caused by bots are overstated. I mean, sure, certain aspects of the game are frustrating because of bots, and profits for moneymakers are in the pits. Some places, such as Frost Dragons or Black Demons, aren't even worth going to anymore, but most of the game is unaffected by botters. Don't get me wrong, bots are becoming a huge problem [again], but it's not like it makes the game unplayable in any respects.

The real tragedy is how commonplace and accepted it's become, even if people rail against it. I've seen posters on this very forum rant about botting and then be caught botting themselves(which I find laughable). Jagex hands out slaps on the wrists and doesn't understand/care(take your pick which) that the problem is only going to worsen. A friend of mine created a new account, got membership and ran a bot program for a week and half until he was 99 Woodcutting, he never got banned and did this just to show how poor Jagex's detection system really is.

There detection system isn't poor, it just doesn't exist. Bots are only banned through reports, so unless someone takes the time to report a 'bot' (could just be a player with public off...) they wont ever be caught. And even then, I can only imagine that they look at how long an account has been signed in. Such as, if someone is reported and jagex looks up the account and sees its been on for 24+ hours they know its a bot. If this is how they do things, then someone could just bot 'safely'. Bot for 3-4 hours and take a 1-2 hrs break then another 3-4 hours botting...

The only reason I can see why they don't have a detection system is they don't want to spend the resources/money on checking EVERY account online to see how long they've been playing, if their clicks and actions run in a pattern, if they never speak, etc etc. Instead they rely on the broken report system, which people rarely use. Does anyone honestly bother reporting bots? They'll just have another bot to replace it in 1-2 weeks...

99 attack-34,104th to 99 attack.

spirittrack.png

A_Spirit_God.png

I never have any problems with black demon tasks in the resource dungeon or chaos tunnels... (Which are argueably quicker than cannoning in single when you have a steel titan).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I can only imagine that they look at how long an account has been signed in. Such as, if someone is reported and jagex looks up the account and sees its been on for 24+ hours they know its a bot. If this is how they do things, then someone could just bot 'safely'. Bot for 3-4 hours and take a 1-2 hrs break then another 3-4 hours botting...

The only reason I can see why they don't have a detection system is they don't want to spend the resources/money on checking EVERY account online to see how long they've been playing, if their clicks and actions run in a pattern, if they never speak, etc etc. Instead they rely on the broken report system, which people rarely use. Does anyone honestly bother reporting bots? They'll just have another bot to replace it in 1-2 weeks...

Very poor presumptions, to be honest.

If they were to follow that, I'm sure a fair bit of players who play for long-periods of time, specifically players with very high amounts of Experience, would instantly be suspected. That, of course, would be very unreasonable and stupid.

They have certain methods of their own, and as Andrew Gower said at RuneFest, there are many methods of detecting cheaters at Jagex's side.

"Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

Vandite.png

They have certain methods of their own, and as Andrew Gower said at RuneFest, there are many methods of detecting cheaters at Jagex's side.

Cause if they say so, it is so..

And it most certainly is not said to convince us, and to show they are still in control.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

They have a detection system, yes. However, even the simplest scripts with 5 minutes of work can bypass this. And literally run for weeks on end.

Their uber detection system raises the flag on an account, a Jagex moderator reviews this flag, they ban said account. Unfortunately (For some ;)) the system that raises the flag is trash.

09144a99bb.png

Tbh, even when cutting ivy, I never really seem to notice bots. They've definitely come along way in terms of ninja ability than pre-end of free trade. I remember seeing literally tons of them running around everywhere. Maybe they're actually scared Jagex will take free trade away again (which I imagine put a huge damper on their business). I'd just like to see Jagex give real punishment to botters; not a slap on the wrist and a few lowered stats. I'm more concerned with players botting than Chinese gold farmers.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Tbh, even when cutting ivy, I never really seem to notice bots. They've definitely come along way in terms of ninja ability than pre-end of free trade. I remember seeing literally tons of them running around everywhere. Maybe they're actually scared Jagex will take free trade away again (which I imagine put a huge damper on their business). I'd just like to see Jagex give real punishment to botters; not a slap on the wrist and a few lowered stats. I'm more concerned with players botting than Chinese gold farmers.

Well I feel the opposite way round:

If a player bot I think: "meh he's only destroying his own fun" - if he wouldn't bot he would have to get those things anyways, and he would just manually gather everything. It doesn't affect me directly. Also

However with those chinese goldfarmers suddenly 10-20 accounts are constantly being added, and that is a much larger amount. They literary "swarm" places (it goes in waves what bots do).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.