Behind the Scenes - August

The Observer

Definitely excited for the new Myreque quest, gotta get those last slayer levels! I'm interested in the shadow wraps too.. I wonder how much of a boost they give, even if I have 99 Thieving..

2.5% is the logical assumption for an xp boosting skill outfit

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely excited for the new Myreque quest, gotta get those last slayer levels! I'm interested in the shadow wraps too.. I wonder how much of a boost they give, even if I have 99 Thieving..

Yes, I suppose so. I'm also guessing they'll be pretty rare, since it wouldn't make sense if they weren't. I'm not sure how rare the woodcutting and mining outfits are though?

Mess_of_Me09.png

I'd argue alching and superheating enmass are both very useful and not easily done on lunar.

the ring is too limited and spell book swap is too time consuming and costly.

Besides lunar is all about skills and the odd combat support spell, keeping to that end having the skill spells introducable makes sense far more than combat ones do, even if they would be of more use.

Alching together with the make leather spell, and a huge supply of arrows and thread, you can camp blue drags for quite some time :)

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

I love quests, Temple Trekking and Shade burning, so this month seems like the best one yet! Well done, Jagex!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Yes, I suppose so. I'm also guessing they'll be pretty rare, since it wouldn't make sense if they weren't. I'm not sure how rare the woodcutting and mining outfits are though?

lumberjack and mining can both be gotten within a couple of hours if ur lucky.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

lumberjack and mining can both be gotten within a couple of hours if ur lucky.

Then I think we can assume pretty safely that the wraps will take as long. I wonder if thieving from different things within Pyramid Plunder increases the chance.

Mess_of_Me09.png

I'm not gonna lie, August is gonna be gooood! We already knew about new graphics to Edgeville and the G.E., and knew that Myreque V (now known as Branches of Darkmeyer) was going to be released very soon.

Now the Mini-game additions look very good. Jagex is making Shades of Mort'ton and Temple Trekking a lot more interesting to play now, which is very good. The boosts to Runecrafting and Thieving xp will be very good to have. Prayer bonus is always good to have too. The Livid Farming spells are good; I'm not hyped for them. (As a side note: does this mean that people have to unlock these when they come out to keep their completionist cape/spells added to the list?)

August is really the update of Morytania. But we won't get it's share of updates until the middle of the month.

I really think this is one of the best months Jagex has/will update in a very long time. (But it'll come down to when the actually are released and if we really like them.)

Level 85 Hybrid Armour from a variety of minigames.

Can someone explain to me what this means?

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

I'm not gonna lie, August is gonna be gooood! We already knew about new graphics to Edgeville and the G.E., and knew that Myreque V (now known as Branches of Darkmeyer) was going to be released very soon.

Now the Mini-game additions look very good. Jagex is making Shades of Mort'ton and Temple Trekking a lot more interesting to play now, which is very good. The boosts to Runecrafting, Prayer, and Thieving xp will be very good to have. The Livid Farming spells are good; I'm not hyped for them. (As a side note: does this mean that people have to unlock these when they come out to keep their completionist cape/spells added to the list?)

August is really the update of Morytania. But we won't get it's share of updates until the middle of the month.

I really think this is one of the best months Jagex has/will update in a very long time. (But it'll come down to when the actually are released and if we really like them.)

Can someone explain to me what this means?

I'm afraid you misread slightly nothing says prayer xp boosting, the necromancy robes just say "an increased prayer bonus" for sinister sorcerers which to me suggests mage robes with a prayer bonus not prayer xp booster, especial when the thieve and rc ones both explicitly say XP

And hybrid means more than 1 combat class (eg you hybrid many boss monsters or even tribird (three way hybrid) the DKs

Hybrid armour will be some form of armour that is good for 2 combat classes.

So could be mage range

mage melee

range melee

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm afraid you misread slightly nothing says prayer xp boosting, the necromancy robes just say "an increased prayer bonus" for sinister sorcerers which to me suggests mage robes with a prayer bonus not prayer xp booster, especial when the thieve and rc ones both explicitly say XP

And hybrid means more than 1 combat class (eg you hybrid many boss monsters or even tribird (three way hybrid) the DKs

Hybrid armour will be some form of armour that is good for 2 combat classes.

So could be mage range

mage melee

range melee

Ah thanks, and yeah you're probably right about the prayer bonus.

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

New Livid Farm spells, including new teleports, access to new patches and the ability to add specific non-lunar spells to the Lunar Spellbook.

Makes me think the spells are predetermined. So probably no ancients cuz that would make magic OP and awesome at the same time for pking haha. If you can add barrage and teleblock plus veng you are unstoppable :razz: Please let it be trollheim and house tele...

This month is magnificent, I doff my hat to you, Jagex. This is the kind of stuff you should be doing. icon_thumbsu.gif

New Grand Exchange: Great. I think most of us have already seen the screenshots, and I look forward to it. :)

Where?!

I'm not an efficienado.

This month is magnificent, I doff my hat to you, Jagex. This is the kind of stuff you should be doing. icon_thumbsu.gif

New Grand Exchange: Great. I think most of us have already seen the screenshots, and I look forward to it. :)

Where?!

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/media

shots of new edgeville new ge new myreque area amoung others

Plv6Dz6.jpg

To the people who were commenting on whether the level 85-armor would be f2p:

Looks like it has potential to be a good month, but I'll wait until the updates actually come out before placing judgment on this one.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice they called them "minigames" again and not "Activities"?

For once I'm actually very excited for this month, I'm really looking forward to the new quest and the minigame reward updates. Hopefully the reward updates will encourage players to start playing some of the lesser used minigames like Trouble Brewing again.

Seems extremely promising, especially with the new quest. These updates couldn't come at a better time, considering this is usually a lot of people's last month of membership due to school starting back up in America.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I see a chance for lore tie in to be missed. Since the Icyene were known for making armour and weapons, and the Vampyres didn't take over Hallowvale until the end of the Third Age, and Third Age plaete armour is made out of magically beaten silver, and vampyres are weak against silver, why in the world not have the special silver ore be down there and guarded? You could make a weapon out of the silver instead.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

August looks very promising, especially with all the new mini-game rewards. Mini-games have been pretty neglected as a whole, good to see them getting a little polish.

Also, new Vyrewatch quest at last, please please please at least halfway meet expectations. :pray:

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

Did anyone else notice they called them "minigames" again and not "Activities"?

Heh, a slip of the tongue on Jagex's part. Oops.

To those wondering about the runecrafting robes - don't hold your hopes up. Think back to the many times Jagex has been vague about a piece of content that might relate to F2P. Unless they explicitly state "for all players" or "free to play and member alike" then basic rule of thumb is to assume it's members only.

You lot wouldn't want to play in the official world anyhow for a real game of GOP, it's one of the more profitable gold farms on F2P.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Hi

I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who looks forward to the august updates.

Personally I look forward to the new Myreque quest: Branches of Darkmeyer where I hope it will be possible deal with Vanstrom Klause once and for all (he nearly cost me a new set of underwear when I faced him on top of the wall in the Legacy of Seergaze quest)

Hopefully the next time around it will be his (Vanstrom Klause) turn to have a change...

:?: (question: do vampires wear underwear at all ? - if yes, do they change ? - one would expect that since their diet is solely based on fluid food they might experience a few mishaps once in a while)

I also look forward to the Master Runecrafter Robe - so I'm hoping that it will be possible to find other players for 50/50 sharing GOP games. (is world 53 still the place for 50/50 games ?)

Temple Trekking: I have only tried this mini-game a few times, so I look forward to read what the rest of you think of the reworked game once it's released.

So all in all it looks like august will be a great month.

Myreque quest: I sure hope it's better (longer, more annoying) than King of the Dwarves, Deadliest Catch and Salt in the Wound. A quest that isn't annoying (like Legend's if you forget the orb for your charge orb spell :P) doesn't feel as good to finish.

Im just hoping they dont try and force Dungeoneering into the quest.

Popoto.~<3

EDIT: Did anyone else notice they called them "minigames" again and not "Activities"?

icon_razz.gif I really hope they've just given up on that. There's nothing wrong with having multiple words meaning the same thing, and we're going to call things what we want whether Jagex like it or not. I notice that the acronym "DDS" is still going strong.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Myreque quest: I sure hope it's better (longer, more annoying) than King of the Dwarves, Deadliest Catch and Salt in the Wound. A quest that isn't annoying (like Legend's if you forget the orb for your charge orb spell :P) doesn't feel as good to finish.

Im just hoping they dont try and force Dungeoneering into the quest.

You find you can't get to the tree since it's blocked so well, but apparently it's growing on floor 32 of Daemonheim. Take the little boat used for traveling from Burge to Meyer and row it to the 'heim.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.