Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Behind the Scenes - August

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Blutters
I actually do appreciate the graphical upgrades, although I'm not saying I'd rather them than content updates.
There are many places in the game that are just downright ugly, which is to say they're not just relatively less appealing than new areas, but actual eyesores.
When they bring the entire game to a "standard" for graphics and animations the game might actually feel immersive...

2dgucz6.png

UltraMantis
[ Display Name History ]

UltraMantis

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:UltraMantis
  • Clan:Video Games
Myreque V will be better than Salt in the Wound (Derpiest Catch was better than that crap) but it won't live up to the previous 4 quests
Posted Image303/324

AfkScape
[ Display Name History ]

AfkScape

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:AfkScape
Am I the only one who thought the Myreque series so far was absolutely terrible? I really hope the next one is some 30 minute quest because going back and forth between dull-looking, repetitive, maze-like areas (mort myre swamp and Meiyerditch) was probably the worst thing I've done in this game

UltraMantis
[ Display Name History ]

UltraMantis

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:UltraMantis
  • Clan:Video Games

Am I the only one who thought the Myreque series so far was absolutely terrible?

Yep!
Posted Image303/324

Heisenberg
[ Display Name History ]

Heisenberg

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Am I the only one who thought the Myreque series so far was absolutely terrible? I really hope the next one is some 30 minute quest because going back and forth between dull-looking, repetitive, maze-like areas (mort myre swamp and Meiyerditch) was probably the worst thing I've done in this game

Hated every one. :P

If the rewards are decent I will do it though.

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Hated every one. :P

If the rewards are decent I will do it though.

Completely off topic but Breaking Bad is the greatest show ever.
Posted Image

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts
If you actually paid attention to the storyline, you'd realise the maze was an essential part of the vampyres' feeding system. The southern half of the Sanguinesti (Meiyerditch; where they keep the 'cattle') is seperated into six distinct sectors so that the citizens there only get tithed once every six weeks (once a week, rotating between sectors). If they didn't have the sectors, they would merely kill off the human population from over-feeding.

In addition to that, it makes the quest a lot more fun. :) If you could just run through Meiyerditch without having to remember (or search for :P) the route, it wouldn't feel nearly as immersive nor would it make sense as to why the citizens don't just escape.

We really don't need to baby every quest storyline just because people don't like doing quests for fun rather than for rewards, more than enough quests have been completely ruined that way.

Posted Image

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,014 posts
Looks like a good month. Very much so looking forward to a new Myreque quest, favourite quest series of mine. Otherwise, I'd best head off to GOP and build up some tokens, and then over to Livid Farm to get more points, then I'll definitely be heading PP when those clothes come around.

#KERR2016/17/18/19.

#rpgformod

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

Below are a few rewards that you CANNOT work towards until they are released:

•Necromancer gear. These magical robes offer an increased prayer bonus for budding sinister sorcerers. Obtained via Shades of Mort'ton.
•Skull staves. A cosmetic reward obtained via Shades of Mort'ton

I'd consider gathering a large amount of shade remains before it is released to be working towards getting the new robes/staff... That's what I'm going to be doing in a few days.
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts
If you get the new items from chests or from burning the shades, it's probably worth buying some remains now. If you get them from killing shades, could be all wasted. :P

Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
The fact they said you CANNOT work towards those rewards to me implies it won't be chests or shade burning the actually gives the items as quite clearly we CAN work towards gathering shade remains and keys

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts
I guess no more firemaking at ge

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
Looking forward to new minigame rewards. Gonna catch 'em all.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

JJG
[ Display Name History ]

JJG

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:JJ G
*Points to stats in sig*

Really hope the hybrid armour is mage/range. If so i'm no lifing minigames.
Posted Image

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RSN:Dark Dude

The fact they said you CANNOT work towards those rewards to me implies it won't be chests or shade burning the actually gives the items as quite clearly we CAN work towards gathering shade remains and keys

It seems to be like it's separated into ones where you collect points and ones where you don't for the rewards so it's possible that you can work towards it in some way (stock up on supplies etc.) but not in the way Jagex sees it.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RSN '07:Shruiken
This month really isn't that exciting. The new quest is all I'm really looking forward to. The new exp boosting armours might be nice, but if they are 2.5% like the mining/woodcutting armours then it will hardly be worth the time.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

K112
[ Display Name History ]

K112

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • RSN:K112

It seems to be like it's separated into ones where you collect points and ones where you don't for the rewards so it's possible that you can work towards it in some way (stock up on supplies etc.) but not in the way Jagex sees it.

Stocking up on shade keys maybe? Or sacred oil and logs at the very least. Unless they plan to change the way the minigame works dramatically.
Posted Image

dutchdreams
[ Display Name History ]

dutchdreams

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Clan:Fox Cult
My guess is, the new robes will be made with the cloth obtained from the shades' treasure chests. Sort of an addition to the splitbark-line of armor. The BTS article mentions that the robes will be obtained 'via' shades of Mor'ton, not 'from' shades of Mor'ton.
It will be for 'budding sinister sorcerers', so I don't expect it to be very high level requirement either.

Still looking forward to the whole update of that minigame, because I've had a lot of fun in the past when it was introduced. Always found it a pitty that it went completely dead.

PhaperPlane
[ Display Name History ]

PhaperPlane

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,438 posts
  • RSN:Elf1nlock
Man, I am very tempted to sign up for Membership again after reading of what's going on in this month. May have to sign up again when I move to University. :D
Posted Image

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel
Quite pleased that there's something, for once, that sounds a bit interesting. New livid farm spells and master runecrafter robes sound right up my alley - I might go and start collecting produce & tokens :)

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users