Behind the Scenes - August

The Observer

I like that maze, it gave a nice touch to the backstory. I also keep every single questitem that could be useful, it isn't that hard, only 150-180 items in one tab, organised by armour/series/keys and so on.

But oh well, it might be because I love quests, not for the reward, but just for the stories and atmosphere. :P

I highly suggest you store everything you can in a house. The costume room and bookcases will hold nearly everything you need. If you can't store it, consider whether you really do need to keep hold of it.

That way, your bank isn't cluttered when you don't need that stuff, and more importantly, it keeps itself organised. It's fine to hoard, so long as you do it properly ;)

According to rune wiki, there's 83 books that can go in the bookcase alone.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that maze, it gave a nice touch to the backstory. I also keep every single questitem that could be useful, it isn't that hard, only 150-180 items in one tab, organised by armour/series/keys and so on.

But oh well, it might be because I love quests, not for the reward, but just for the stories and atmosphere. :P

I highly suggest you store everything you can in a house. The costume room and bookcases will hold nearly everything you need. If you can't store it, consider whether you really do need to keep hold of it.

That way, your bank isn't cluttered when you don't need that stuff, and more importantly, it keeps itself organised. It's fine to hoard, so long as you do it properly ;)

This is so true.

ALL important/useful keys will go on the keyring.

Any important/useful armours will go in the costume room.

All important books will turn up in poh bookcase.

Its only really weapons and a few misc items (commorb) that have no place to go and are worth storing for future quests (eg invadis flail)

Keys and armours that can't be stored and are from a stand alone quest or a finished series are not worth storing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wish jagex released a f2p quest that starts in a members area to spite them outright and in a very blatant way. I know I am trolling, but honestly keeping my silence when seeing 'starved' players has been getting to me.

On another northern if you quest, even for the rewards, give the storyline and the world itself surrounding it this bare minimum respect it deserves. I understand jagex releases a lot of shallow content (even when it's not intended and is announces as grandiosely as the citadels and dungeoneering), but too many times have I seen players downplay content because it's not as useful of a 'tool' as they need to get by. So many players look at content from a tool perspective whether it be to train a skill easier, get level boosting xp or an advantage over the masses.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

This is so true.

ALL important/useful keys will go on the keyring.

Any important/useful armours will go in the costume room.

All important books will turn up in poh bookcase.

Its only really weapons and a few misc items (commorb) that have no place to go and are worth storing for future quests (eg invadis flail)

Keys and armours that can't be stored and are from a stand alone quest or a finished series are not worth storing.

My keyring is full, my costume room is full (yes, all the tt items as well), my book shelves are filled, yet I still have 180 spots filled with armour and stuff from quests, just because I like them for their effects or their appearance. :P I'll make a screeny of it otherwise.

EDIT:

questtab.png

Yes, I know, I have to get my sled back. :c

I've got more stuff, but that's in other tabs because of usefulness for certain skills and so on.

I wish jagex released a f2p quest that starts in a members area to spite them outright and in a very blatant way. I know I am trolling, but honestly keeping my silence when seeing 'starved' players has been getting to me.

On another northern if you quest, even for the rewards, give the storyline and the world itself surrounding it this bare minimum respect it deserves. I understand jagex releases a lot of shallow content (even when it's not intended and is announces as grandiosely as the citadels and dungeoneering), but too many times have I seen players downplay content because it's not as useful of a 'tool' as they need to get by. So many players look at content from a tool perspective whether it be to train a skill easier, get level boosting xp or an advantage over the masses.

Lol at the first bit

SUPER.gif

You know you can get most of that stuff back in like 2-3 minutes?

level 85 hybrid armor? Yes please.

But will it be f2p?

No offence, but f2p games sucks..

f2p clan wars is actually enjoyable.

Spending hours and hours in livid farm just for not getting owned is not fun in my book; nor spending loads of gp and time for prayer, herblore and summon to own. Oh and hey look, jagex wants us to spend another week in livid farm.

I wish jagex released a f2p quest that starts in a members area to spite them outright and in a very blatant way.

Good lord man, don't give them any ideas! :ohnoes:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Reqs updated for quest:

Requirements for Branches of Darkmeyer:

76 Woodcutting

70 Fletching

70 Magic*

67 Slayer

64 Crafting

63 Farming

63 Agility

Legacy of Seergaze

Legends Quest

* This requirement was added on 5th August, after the release of the Behind the Scenes. This is a necessary addition, and we have made sure to check that over 99% of all players who have completed Legacy of Seergaze already have this requirement.

Lol, sucks to be that 1%

Not even cause of the quest; just cause ur a noob at mage lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hey did anyone notice the last line of the bts?

Now, how will I fit in a holiday with all of that going on?

Do they mean a holiday as in a holiday or a holiday as in a break?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

level 85 hybrid armor? Yes please.

But will it be f2p?

No offence, but f2p games sucks..

f2p clan wars is actually enjoyable.

Spending hours and hours in livid farm just for not getting owned is not fun in my book; nor spending loads of gp and time for prayer, herblore and summon to own. Oh and hey look, jagex wants us to spend another week in livid farm.

You don't have to do any of that to do good at clan wars because there's always people on the same level as you. FTP is just boring as [cabbage].

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

You say that as if there is a difference.

All holidays are a break from something.

Anyway what does it matter, its just typical jagex humour based around people usually summer holiday in august and theres SOOOOOO much good stuff in august bts clearly no rser would have time to go on holiday cause theyll be so busy checking it all out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Just 3 more craft levels and I'm ready. Can't wait, I love this questline. I am ever hopeful that Jagex won't [bleep] this one up.

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

Anyway what does it matter, its just typical jagex humour based around people usually summer holiday in august and theres SOOOOOO much good stuff in august bts clearly no rser would have time to go on holiday cause theyll be so busy checking it all out.

That was trollish in my opinion.

I've noted that most people in work terms refer to holiday as a break. Also Jagex has been known to make attempts to represent barious cultural holidays, but not express them outright in their BTS'. I honestly wouldn't put it past them to sneak a hint of one of these types of holidays into the BTS.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I've noted that most people in work terms refer to holiday as a break. Also Jagex has been known to make attempts to represent barious cultural holidays, but not express them outright in their BTS'. I honestly wouldn't put it past them to sneak a hint of one of these types of holidays into the BTS.

How on earth is it remotely trollish to explain the meaning i see behind the statement?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

How on earth is it remotely trollish to explain the meaning i see behind the statement?

Don't worry about it. If I continue the coversation on this it might just get deeper. Let's just say the problem with forums is that its hard to infer the meaning of things because I can only gleam so much through context and there is no inflection either.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It's actually a hidden hint for Sköll.

Skoll should have been this month, but since Hati was mentioned in the January BTS I see no reason why Skoll wouldn't be as well.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

It's actually a hidden hint for Sköll.

Skoll should have been this month, but since Hati was mentioned in the January BTS I see no reason why Skoll wouldn't be as well.

Jagex are still unsure how to handle Sköll, a couple of weeks back Mod Timbo was in the Scrying Pool clan chat and mentioned that it could possibly appear in a new Fremmenik Quest. I wasn't personally in the chat at the time, but one of the clan leaders was discussing it earlier this week.