Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Behind the Scenes - August

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,011 posts
Meiyerditch is a lot more enjoyable to navigate than Elf lands, which is really annoying, but the Desert is as easy as hell to get around. You can use the carpets to get everywhere.

#KERR2016/17/18/19.

#rpgformod

The_Fray
[ Display Name History ]

The_Fray

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Rook
I cannot believe so many of you guys dislike the Myreque storyline, I feel that it is one of Jagex's best outputs. The mood, atmosphere and the setting really enhance what I feel is a great storyline. If you get into the storyline and not attempt to rush through the quest, it becomes far more enjoyable. Overall it is a very good questline, and I may consider renewing my subscription just to get access to it.

RussetAlpha
[ Display Name History ]

RussetAlpha

X-TET

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Russet Alpha
  • Clan:Tip.it Events Team

I cannot believe so many of you guys dislike the Myreque storyline, I feel that it is one of Jagex's best outputs. The mood, atmosphere and the setting really enhance what I feel is a great storyline. If you get into the storyline and not attempt to rush through the quest, it becomes far more enjoyable. Overall it is a very good questline, and I may consider renewing my subscription just to get access to it.

You really should like questing for the fun of them, and not just for the rewards. I also like the Myreque storyline, along with the Temple Knights, Fairy Tale, Dorgeshuun Goblin, Making History (was quite interesting 2-part series), and the Mahjarrat series (more of the sub series - Mysteries of the Mahjarrat). I think that out of all of them, I really did enjoy the Myreque storyline the most. (I like the more dark feeling that Mortyania has, especially Burgh de Rott/Meiyerditch/to be released Darkmeyer).

Thing is, since I have my quest point cape, I've forgotten a lot about the storylines. But they come back to me when I start back in the storyline thankfully.

*Am I the only one that LIKED that maze? I thought it was really, REALLY fun ;_; And it wasn't THAT hard to get around, you just had to follow the symbols on the walls.*

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai
Sugu ni dekinai
Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

Hegelstad
[ Display Name History ]

Hegelstad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,440 posts
  • RSN:Hegelstad
  • Clan:Team Bring It

level 85 hybrid armor? Yes please.

But will it be f2p?

No offence, but f2p games sucks..

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

You really should like questing for the fun of them, and not just for the rewards. I also like the Myreque storyline, along with the Temple Knights, Fairy Tale, Dorgeshuun Goblin, Making History (was quite interesting 2-part series), and the Mahjarrat series (more of the sub series - Mysteries of the Mahjarrat). I think that out of all of them, I really did enjoy the Myreque storyline the most. (I like the more dark feeling that Mortyania has, especially Burgh de Rott/Meiyerditch/to be released Darkmeyer).

Thing is, since I have my quest point cape, I've forgotten a lot about the storylines. But they come back to me when I start back in the storyline thankfully.

*Am I the only one that LIKED that maze? I thought it was really, REALLY fun ;_; And it wasn't THAT hard to get around, you just had to follow the symbols on the walls.*

Well the problem isn't for me the maze in itself, it's the fact that you HAVE to go through lengths of time to go somewhere there, while you have done those things in the past already.

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
tbf the myreque maze:
You only HAVE to go through it twice in the quest iirc.
Then post quest you get a key that unlocks a fairly substantially shortcut which removes a good 75% of the maze.
AND in the sequel you gain access to the blood altar tunnel that allows you to avoid the maze entirely, even if it is a bit of a run.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

tbf the myreque maze:
Then post quest you get a key that unlocks a fairly substantially shortcut which removes a good 75% of the maze.
AND in the sequel you gain access to the blood altar tunnel that allows you to avoid the maze entirely, even if it is a bit of a run.

Who keeps that key -.-

Then they came for me

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
Well it goes on keyring so hardly a bank space eatter and I'd assume anyone who dislikes the maze would have common sense enough to keep it given that the quest series is not over and the destroy menu clearly indicates safalaan is the one who can replace your key and he is at the far end of the maze.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Are there any actual reasons you dislike difficult to navigate terrain other than it being difficult to navigate? Without the maze, not only would the blood tithe part of the storyline have made little sense, the entire idea of being in a city where the citizens are restricted to certain sectors and a secret underground group has cleverly marked a route to their base would be destroyed.

If you really hate being challenged in the quests, why do you even do them?

Posted Image

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

tbf the myreque maze:

Who keeps that key -.-

I do.

Questing Tip #48: If it goes on your Steel Keyring after the quest, keep it. If it doesn't, destroy it.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Pete Party
[ Display Name History ]

Pete Party

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Got to say, looks like a very good month.

I'm wondering if anyone else noticed the lack of mention of a bonus XP weekend? I'm not sure whether or not Jagex announced it in the BTS last time.

BXPW will be the second week of september, has nothing to do with BTS of August.
There will be an anouncement in the last week of August.
Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
Could also get your ass caught by a Vyrewatch, get sent to the mines, and mine your way to freedom/the Myreque Hideout. That's what I do.

Because let's be honest who has the money to pay 500gp for that Key Ring again? Not me. That's almost 2 cannonballs for slayer!

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
I like that maze, it gave a nice touch to the backstory. I also keep every single questitem that could be useful, it isn't that hard, only 150-180 items in one tab, organised by armour/series/keys and so on.
But oh well, it might be because I love quests, not for the reward, but just for the stories and atmosphere. :P

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
That'd be cool if they updated MA so it wasn't just a test to see how much suffering people will tolerate to get the best rings in the game.

Or if they made the best rings obtainable through more fun minigames.

Or if they just removed MA completely. That'd be cool too.

77yLQy8.png

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

That'd be cool if they updated MA so it wasn't just a test to see how much suffering people will tolerate to get the best rings in the game.

Or if they made the best rings obtainable through more fun minigames.

Or if they just removed MA completely. That'd be cool too.

Wishfull thinking?

Well I doubt they'll change any minigame for real.. Just update some rewards..

But as people only play for rewards nowadays that's what everyone seems to think is a good month.

Then they came for me

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

I like that maze, it gave a nice touch to the backstory. I also keep every single questitem that could be useful, it isn't that hard, only 150-180 items in one tab, organised by armour/series/keys and so on.
But oh well, it might be because I love quests, not for the reward, but just for the stories and atmosphere. :P

I highly suggest you store everything you can in a house. The costume room and bookcases will hold nearly everything you need. If you can't store it, consider whether you really do need to keep hold of it.
That way, your bank isn't cluttered when you don't need that stuff, and more importantly, it keeps itself organised. It's fine to hoard, so long as you do it properly ;)
According to rune wiki, there's 83 books that can go in the bookcase alone.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

I highly suggest you store everything you can in a house. The costume room and bookcases will hold nearly everything you need. If you can't store it, consider whether you really do need to keep hold of it.
That way, your bank isn't cluttered when you don't need that stuff, and more importantly, it keeps itself organised. It's fine to hoard, so long as you do it properly ;)

This is so true.
ALL important/useful keys will go on the keyring.
Any important/useful armours will go in the costume room.
All important books will turn up in poh bookcase.

Its only really weapons and a few misc items (commorb) that have no place to go and are worth storing for future quests (eg invadis flail)
Keys and armours that can't be stored and are from a stand alone quest or a finished series are not worth storing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
I wish jagex released a f2p quest that starts in a members area to spite them outright and in a very blatant way. I know I am trolling, but honestly keeping my silence when seeing 'starved' players has been getting to me.

On another northern if you quest, even for the rewards, give the storyline and the world itself surrounding it this bare minimum respect it deserves. I understand jagex releases a lot of shallow content (even when it's not intended and is announces as grandiosely as the citadels and dungeoneering), but too many times have I seen players downplay content because it's not as useful of a 'tool' as they need to get by. So many players look at content from a tool perspective whether it be to train a skill easier, get level boosting xp or an advantage over the masses.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

This is so true.
ALL important/useful keys will go on the keyring.
Any important/useful armours will go in the costume room.
All important books will turn up in poh bookcase.

Its only really weapons and a few misc items (commorb) that have no place to go and are worth storing for future quests (eg invadis flail)
Keys and armours that can't be stored and are from a stand alone quest or a finished series are not worth storing.

My keyring is full, my costume room is full (yes, all the tt items as well), my book shelves are filled, yet I still have 180 spots filled with armour and stuff from quests, just because I like them for their effects or their appearance. :P I'll make a screeny of it otherwise.

EDIT:
Posted Image

Yes, I know, I have to get my sled back. :c
I've got more stuff, but that's in other tabs because of usefulness for certain skills and so on.

Miner_Guy
[ Display Name History ]

Miner_Guy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 762 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Minerguy281

I wish jagex released a f2p quest that starts in a members area to spite them outright and in a very blatant way. I know I am trolling, but honestly keeping my silence when seeing 'starved' players has been getting to me.

On another northern if you quest, even for the rewards, give the storyline and the world itself surrounding it this bare minimum respect it deserves. I understand jagex releases a lot of shallow content (even when it's not intended and is announces as grandiosely as the citadels and dungeoneering), but too many times have I seen players downplay content because it's not as useful of a 'tool' as they need to get by. So many players look at content from a tool perspective whether it be to train a skill easier, get level boosting xp or an advantage over the masses.

Lol at the first bit
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users