"omg you're not answering my stupid questions you are a bot!"

Robert_R

Ok I'll respond just to say. Point out where I ever said jagex has a bot detection system. Just in case you didn't pick up on it, when I put "bot detection system" in quotes I was saying that it sucks/doesn't exist. The game is run by player reports but jagex doesn't only pay attention to how social they are which is what you're implying. Half of what you just said was unrelated to anything I've said and the other half was a mix of insults and incorrect statements.

And damn I guess you are a jagex staff member if you know so much about how they can pick up on things and change the code. That or you're talking out of your ass with no knowledge of anything you've just said.

I'm a programmer and know a little java. I'm no expert but i do know what is and isn't possible.

Ignoring everything said in the past few pages and focusing on the topic of the thread: The whole system relies on player reports, kids are always going to ask if you're a bot and if you honestly can't take one second to type 'no' then why are you wasting your obviously precious time playing runescape in the first place?

CNqWHdA.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mouse detection: Pffffahahahaha. No. They can not see how you move your mouse or even in what location of an item you click, (it's phsyically impossible in java unless they make each pixel of said item a different indivdual item, but that would eat up so many resources it's impractical and wouldn't fool a bot anyway as it could be coded to choose one of the pixel items at random, thus fooling the hours of work per item with a copy paste and 1 line of code). The only thing they *CAN* see is that you clicked something and when you did so. (There are videos of people using a fletching glitch getting over 3m xp an hour with insane inhuman speeds and none of those are banned, so i doubt they even do this.)

Sure they can. Every time you move the mouse even the slightest amount, it sends data to the computer to let it know where to position the mouse on screen, and what to interact with. This data can easily be picked up with Java, and Jagex does use something like this to track bots, although all but the most basic have a large area of random spots to click to throw off a detection program.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Mouse detection: Pffffahahahaha. No. They can not see how you move your mouse or even in what location of an item you click, (it's phsyically impossible in java unless they make each pixel of said item a different indivdual item, but that would eat up so many resources it's impractical and wouldn't fool a bot anyway as it could be coded to choose one of the pixel items at random, thus fooling the hours of work per item with a copy paste and 1 line of code). The only thing they *CAN* see is that you clicked something and when you did so. (There are videos of people using a fletching glitch getting over 3m xp an hour with insane inhuman speeds and none of those are banned, so i doubt they even do this.)

Sure they can. Every time you move the mouse even the slightest amount, it sends data to the computer to let it know where to position the mouse on screen, and what to interact with. This data can easily be picked up with Java, and Jagex does use something like this to track bots, although all but the most basic have a large area of random spots to click to throw off a detection program.

Runescape does not have this. It would require constant uploading of data just for moving the mouse and it's completely unessesary. As you rightly say many bots click random locations on items, mainly due to paranoid users as this really isn't an issue.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Runescape does not have this. It would require constant uploading of data just for moving the mouse and it's completely unessesary. As you rightly say many bots click random locations on items, mainly due to paranoid users as this really isn't an issue.

How do you think they register clicks and interactions? Randomisation of clicks is done via a 'click radius', which is still detectable over an extended period of time. Registering and logging basic information like cursor location is extremely easy, and it's essentially integrated into RuneScape anyways, so I don't understand your argument at all.

Besides, how would you know what JaGex has or hasn't got in place?

Ok I'll respond just to say. Point out where I ever said jagex has a bot detection system. Just in case you didn't pick up on it, when I put "bot detection system" in quotes I was saying that it sucks/doesn't exist. The game is run by player reports but jagex doesn't only pay attention to how social they are which is what you're implying. Half of what you just said was unrelated to anything I've said and the other half was a mix of insults and incorrect statements.

And damn I guess you are a jagex staff member if you know so much about how they can pick up on things and change the code. That or you're talking out of your ass with no knowledge of anything you've just said.

I'm a programmer and know a little java. I'm no expert but i do know what is and isn't possible.

Ignoring everything said in the past few pages and focusing on the topic of the thread: The whole system relies on player reports, kids are always going to ask if you're a bot and if you honestly can't take one second to type 'no' then why are you wasting your obviously precious time playing runescape in the first place?

I keep my public off. I don't see their stupidity because I'd prefer talking in my clan chat and pm with people that don't annoy me. If you don't like that I don't want to talk to everyone in the game shoot me. And I agreed that it relies on player reports but I'm sure you just skipped over everything I said anyway.

Besides, how would you know what JaGex has or hasn't got in place?

Because he has knowledge of java and hacks jagex's system to read their code. Jeez get with the system.

A lot of the P mods now days are normally those that are highly ranked on the hiscores.

Long-time player with no offenses = good choice for p mod.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Wannabe mods... Boy they are annoying. Had some kid at fist of guthix repeatedly saying "hello?" "heelllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooo?" and I would answer each time but he kept going. I ended up adding the kid and pming him that his public must be off and lo and behold it was........ Derp. But really, why would a guy with multiple dungeoneering weapons and all this "legit" looking gear be botting F.O.G? I was just re charging battle robes, not like that even takes long lol. I really don't understand how someone can be so stupid.

I've had a full 10 minute conversation IN GAME with a wanna be mod explaining to him how I am not botting. And he was still convinced that I was botting on the basis of him seeing me twice within a two hour period fletching. Even after the conversation. He sure puts a lot of trust in the bot developers to program damn good auto-responders.

Luckily he was tricked into entering the dangerous portal at clan wars and left after he died. Don't really feel sorry for him because I was getting tired of talking to him tbh...

Dear Powerfrog: In all of the posts/responses I have ever read on this forum, yours are the most ridiculous and illogical of them all. I am so baffled at your ability to talk nonsense that I am having a hard time typing. Public chat off does not equal a bot and no one should ever be reported for not talking. I recommend you reread this topic so you can see your silliness and I hope that in the future you can talk sensibly.

Thank You

A bot could easily be programmed to answer "no".

]Runescape is like Salem New England in the 1690's except instead of everyone running around screaming "Witch" in runescape we scream "Bot"

ROFL! :thumbsup: "She's A Witch!"

Awsome analogy. :thumbsup:

How true, but sad that statement is :( .

It is so unfortunate that a silly game, which offers so much entertainment, and for some (including myself) the game is genuinely fun. Runescape has so many facets, and styles of play, be it free, or P2P, but as in life- there is always a small percentage of people; that have to "cheat" or try to get a "leg up-on the next guy" sort to speak, without having to do the actual work.

I mean C'mon; when ya actually think about it, "the work," its only a click of a mouse! Thats it. Silly mouse clicks, that are required to advance in this game, and for some, even that is too hard.

(Oh, and FYI-Its Salem, Mass. Usually I would not mention that, but I live right near there, and it's a pretty cool town with all the museums and stuff.)

baybasemb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Its not even the "Are u a Bot?" question that irks me....it's every 30 seconds some fool screams out "LEVELS?"...and then announce that if you do not respond in 10 seconds, you get reported.

I remember cutting Willows and about 10 people start typing their levels...I was a wiseazz and would type 1...and then get flamed for it...LOLOL. My point of view...ask a duhm question, get a duhm answer.

P-Mod wannabees bother me more than the bots do...now that is pretty darn sad.

• 2 weeks later...

i think every ones boting

Not far from the truth. I don't believe anyone that says they're never tried a bot. It's just a standard thing, everyone does it, nobody admits it. The only people that don't do it are the middle ages housewives and 10 year old kids that download virus[Caution: Executable File] from totallylegitbotsspawn6basecond.com and are scared straight from their bad experience.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Not far from the truth. I don't believe anyone that says they're never tried a bot. It's just a standard thing, everyone does it, nobody admits it. The only people that don't do it are the middle ages housewives and 10 year old kids that download virus[Caution: Executable File] from totallylegitbotsspawn6basecond.com and are scared straight from their bad experience.

I've never botted my account and I don't fit in either of your standards of people who haven't botted.

GF LOGIC

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Being accused of botting is my #1 all-time most asked question when training. I understand how OP feels. Just put public chat to friends.

Don't speak and wait till they get mad. Sometimes they say hilarious stuff, take pics & share the lulz with everyone else. I don't see any problem really.

http://imageshack.us/g/577/lol4nub.png/

Haha those were so good, the last one with the girl saying all that stuff...

This one was the best

"ur still here?"

"Bk bdk di ds reported for macroing"

"Not eintirely sure but just incase."

"You have been here for over a day"

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I agree, botting and RWT are things I've never done, and I'm 19 now ;)

who wantz me to kill jad for dem 5m per feir cap3 l0lz? o_O

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

I've never botted my account and I don't fit in either of your standards of people who haven't botted.

GF LOGIC

I don't believe you. Logic loop reinstated.

CNqWHdA.jpg

GF LOGIC

I've never botted either and I have no desire to.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

GF LOGIC

Are you a troll of just extremely ignorant?

Following your logic, you'd have to be one of the two cases you mentioned, in which case please refer to these two links. Otherwise, you just admitted to botting. This site does not condone botting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

GF LOGIC

I've never botted either and I have no desire to.

I have never even visited a website where I could download a bot, because I have no interest in botting (why would I when I play for the fun of doing things myself), you (powerfrog) on the other hand just admitted that you have botted.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I honestly do not believe any of you. Everyone has at least tried it. I don't care how much you want me to believe you don't bot, i won't, and i don't care either way so stop trying to prove yourself.

Of course i'm generalizing, i'm sure there ARE one or two players that honestly enjoy mining an ore 30000 times. That's what we call an anomoly. We ignore anomolies.

Stating a general opinion does not prove anything, therefore i didn't admit to anything. I am not confiming or denying that i'm a 40 year old housewife that uses her CD drive as a cup holder, either.

CNqWHdA.jpg