Skill Ideas

Harry Delvin

There are lots of skill ideas out there. This is a forum for compiling ideas and possibilities.

Swimming-- a water-based agility that lets you swim through rivers.

Sailing-- self-explanatory.

Archeology-- dig for fossils that you can use to summon dinosaurs or get money by selling to Varrock Museum.

More ideas? I would love to hear them!

Supporter of Treasure Trails and can't stand non-matching armor.

unfortunately nearly all of them are stupid ideas.

Personally only archaeology and engineering hold any merit, especially since engineering could open a whole host of new smithing opportunities to make the items.

All the ones like swimming are stupid because you can describe them as agility-like or w/e which just means they are not worthy of a skill and if added should be part of an old skill. Eg swimming is agility-like so should just be part of agility. No reason for it to be seperate.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Archaeology is as laughable as Sailing.

Same deal happened to farming when Jagex released a poll asking how farming would be as a skill. Look where we are now.

Anyway.

There already is swimming involved in agility.

Jagex said sailing would never be a skill.

Archeology or engineering like Sy_Accursed said would be the best from what I could think of.

Sailing was a stupid rumor that evolved from a boat being on the homepage of runescape a few years ago. Now it's just a joke so I don't know why you're suggesting it as an idea for a skill. I don't understand the pupose of adding swimming as a skill. Agility at least has some use, swimming would be pointless due to the fact that you can teleport to almost anywhere even without the magic level required (tabs, jewelry, etc.). Archaeology is the only one of those I would believe has potential as a skill although I don't think it ever will be one. But I wouldn't be extremely surprised if jagex released a skill somewhat similar to the idea. Archaeology has some sort of potential for a lot of content added to the game. The thread on the runescape suggestions page is actually very interesting in my opinion.

Swimming is part of Sailing, duh. The higher Sailing level, the better swimmer you are.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Swimming sounds like it should be an expansion for Agilty, and Archaeology sounds like one for Mining. Neither sound like they could survive as skills by themselves, but then again they did release Slayer with almost no actual content.

Why make a second topic for this?

Anyways I repost my "suggestion":

I am really hungering for a new skill which actually provides "tradeables", a resource gathering skill.

I loved the way how mining/smithing worked back in the days: leveling wasn't only done for levelling, it meant you could actually help others or make massive profits from being the first.

Let it be simple, as long as it isn't another money draining skill. For new players, member part ofrunescape is just becomming a big mountain unable to tackle. Unless you follow a very strict pattern it is impossible in a human lifetime to get all skills to feasable levels that you can even taste bosses.

Another money-wasting skil would be good for the select few who are lucky to have earned 100+M and bought already all buyable skills, but runescape desperatelly needs new players. So runescape should aim for these with a new skill. (Not that the skill should be low levelled/useless later, but rather you shouldn't have to depend on other skills and you should be able to use this skill as a base for other skills).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The irony of money drain skills is the intentional money drains aren't even remotely close to being the most costly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Why do they keep releasing new skills when the old ones are unbalanced and unfinished?

Jagex rarely fixes old content, instead tries to bring out better new content?

Idk. Worked for summoning and dungeoneering.

I think Jagex would be better off revamping old skills, as well as doing something to prayer/herblore so it's feasible to actually train it without just having a huge cashpile.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I would like to see a science skill, which can be hybrided with mining (archeology), smithing/crafting (engineering), magic/runecrafting/summoning (golems, greater undead) and so on.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

On a second thought:

What do you guys think about a skill which gives a "raw" produkt which can then be used to train prayer?

Prayer is -still- in need of a new way to train. And adding something like this would tie the skill in neatly, making one of the most daunting tasks a feasable and probably lowers the stress on combat being the only viable money earning option quite a bit.

Then they came for me

This is probably stupid since I thought of it at like 3am but what about some sort of riding skill? Perhaps it can be implemented with the agility skill, therefore it allows you to reach places faster and whatnot.

Perhaps 99 would allow you to use an abby demon which, instead of running from pt a to pt b, it teleports you from pt a to pt b (of course this would be restricted to perhaps keeping the teleportation limits to areas contained on the minimap). Idk haha. Just some silly thinking perhaps.

I_Am_Farming.png

Okay, I like your ideas. I didn't think about swimming and agility could be linked. I like Engineering, though. That would be cool. Don't need to bump it. I just got psyched about the "new skill leak".

Supporter of Treasure Trails and can't stand non-matching armor.

On a second thought:

What do you guys think about a skill which gives a "raw" produkt which can then be used to train prayer?

Combat?

Cause combat should be the be all end all skill?

I propose a NEW method, something else than bones, a skill which ties to prayer like mining ties to smithing.

And no, this isn't that unfeasable: look what happened with farming? Before farming the method to get herblore ingredients was combat (well apart from a select few resource such as agility). However with farming this changed completely. Such a thing can also happen to prayer.. However as bones are already "balanced" (in the way they work with altar & ecto and this has to be taken into account) to prevent something ridiculous a complete different resource should be added.

Then they came for me

Acting.

Make Shakespeare a big character in the game. Get experience by line memorizing.1 million acting exp is deducted if you say Macbeth while in the theater.

First 100 people to 99 acting automatically get a bachelors in Shakespearean studies from the prestigious school of their choice. The first to 200M acting exp is heralded the reincarnation of Shakespeare.

Brilliant.

This is what dreams are made of.

the-graduate-bus.png

Scrolling items like maplestory. An engineer skill would be useful, higher lvl equals more slots to scroll them item with.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Really though, sailing would be an incredible skill. Well, it would at least have the potential to. They could expand the game SO MUCH. Have tons of new islands with special resources or monsters. Actually a lot like resource dungeons.

Also they could make a HUGE part of sailing be about pirates. You are sailing, with a few friends or a clan, then suddenly there is a pirate boat attacking! You and your friends slaughter the pirates and take their loot.

Omg sailing could be phenomenal . It could make this game 3 times better. It could be the most fun skill !

Not to mention how awesome it would be pimping out your boats. You could have several. Sailing level determineds how many boats you can have, and how many people you can have on your boat. You could also hire different npc crew at different sailor levels, like butlers in construction.

There could also be Vikings too. Vikings could be as big a part as pirates. I don't even think Vikings have ever been introduced to the game.

Also it could massively expand fishing. Deep sea fishing! There could be a mini game where you try and catch entire schools of fish and you could sell the haul to general stores for either money or other rewards.

Just so many possibilities!

the-graduate-bus.png

What about some kind of grindable skill that you spend hours repetitively clicking the same few icons to reach the next level? We can call it Clicking.

Tec106.png

The fact that nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.