Botting in Runescape

Awolo

I just passed by sorceress garden and around 20-30 L3's there running around (some stuck others working well...)

I reported every single one of them, let's hope that alarms Jagex to shutdown the stupid minigame nobody plays...

Yeah I dont even know why they keep it now

I did 1 click summer garden for like 1.2m thieve exp.

Same, and still go there from time to time for thief xp.

Hmmm, maybe I should try this. You just follow one of the bots?

I just passed by sorceress garden and around 20-30 L3's there running around (some stuck others working well...)

I reported every single one of them, let's hope that alarms Jagex to shutdown the stupid minigame nobody plays...

Eh, its one of the few mindlessly repetitive grinding things I can actually stand in RS for more then 30 mins straight. Then again, maybe that's the record-setter-wanna be in me coming out and what keeps me training here for glasses of juice from time to time.

What they REALLY need to do however...is to just remove the Herb patch there...Doubt ANY legit player would ever do that much work for a few herbs.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Prior to free trade when herbs were worth alot more i used to get herbs there. Per invo at the time i was getting 80-90k and was able to get about 4 invos an hour or 300K to 360k per hour. Not great money but constant and sorceress garden is fun to me involves timing skill. So yes real players do get herbs there at least in the past but if herb prices climb high enough i would do it again.

I did 1 click summer garden for like 1.2m thieve exp.

Same, and still go there from time to time for thief xp.

Hmmm, maybe I should try this. You just follow one of the bots?

Basically this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb_Wh7qLzow

doesn't work well if there are bots/idiots ruining the pattern.

4e0Vn.png

Ok ok, I get the point but keep this ontopic. It's not a discussion whether the minigame is usefull. I just noticed there were bots and I am surprised nobody reacts to that part of the post.

I mean: share info ffs. Did you notice bots in other parts of rs (that were actually working) I saw some lame color bots already trying to fish etc, but they got stuck all the time...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Just a question:

How many of you really believe 99,97% of the bots out there are f2ps?

This is a claim of Jagex and a good reason to kick all F2ps out of the hiscores, but for some reason I think Jagex lies or/and even have the feeling Jagex really doesn't realise who is botting and who isn't.

You've got it the wrong way round, but the original sentence was ambiguous anyway. They said "the 99.97% of botters which populated the free worlds" or something like that. That could mean 99.97% of botters were F2P, it could mean 99.97% of F2Pers were botters. I'm not sure where they got the 99.97% figure in the first place so it sounds to me like it was just a very badly worded exaggeration, and not meant to be taken literally.

99.97% of bots being f2p is definitely a lie, or an intentionally misleading figure. Just think about...let's calculate 100k member bots, that would mean over 333 milion bot accounts in general. Ridiculous...

While I think your numbers aren't even in the ballpark, you may be on to something. How many total accounts did they say were registered? Of those, how many were used to bot? How many of them were then banned/removed from the game?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Just to clarify: The 99.97% figure in the post from Mod Emilee is wrong. The 99.97% is for something different:

"Remember, 99.97% of gold farmers use bots."

- http://services.runescape.com/m=news/bot-busting-update-legal-proceedings

At Runefest they said something about 90% of the bots being f2p or 90% of the f2p being bots - I can't remember (should be in the appropriate Insider Session in their YouTube channel).

[404] Signature not found.

Well, I have just toured parts of f2p and not surprisingly bots are back..... Not an epidmeic yet but ffs these pixel-based bots are making a vengeance of a comeback and jagex is again failing to stem the tide. It really should not be h ard to detect these bots...if jagex just tries harder. Fire your bot banning peeps and hire competent folks...if necessary.

And I would not even believe the 90-10 ratio. Yes f2p has a larger percentage of bots but honestly I have seen more p2p bots during the outbreak than f2p...a lot of them not being goldfarmers but simply cheating players.

I really don't know how much of jagex's "paying cheaters never get banned" policy have changed..even after the nuke.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

And I would not even believe the 90-10 ratio. Yes f2p has a larger percentage of bots but honestly I have seen more p2p bots during the outbreak than f2p...a lot of them not being goldfarmers but simply cheating players.

How many F2P worlds did you login to during that time? During that time, seeing a real person on F2P not at the GE/dungeoneering was a rare sight.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Well, I have just toured parts of f2p and not surprisingly bots are back..... Not an epidmeic yet but ffs these pixel-based bots are making a vengeance of a comeback and jagex is again failing to stem the tide. It really should not be h ard to detect these bots...if jagex just tries harder. Fire your bot banning peeps and hire competent folks...if necessary.

I don't think catching *smart* color bots is as easy as you think. Unless the one that made them is dumb enough to make them click on the same pixel over and over again, moving the mouse in a straight line with a constant speed. Tweek it a bit (area of clicking, more realistic speed and mouse movement) and I doubt there is a way to catch them (consindering that their auto-bot thingamajig has to "watch" a lot of people at the same time). Due to the number of players they have to "watch" I assume they are just waiting for "anomalities" and if you dont make any chances are they wont catch you.

I really don't know how much of jagex's "paying cheaters never get banned" policy have changed..even after the nuke.

jagex said in QAs shortly after botbuster a screenscraping/colour bot breaking update was in the works. Give them time, its not like these rubbish bots can do half as much as the old ones and they aren't widespread at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You've got it the wrong way round, but the original sentence was ambiguous anyway. They said "the 99.97% of botters which populated the free worlds" or something like that. That could mean 99.97% of botters were F2P, it could mean 99.97% of F2Pers were botters. I'm not sure where they got the 99.97% figure in the first place so it sounds to me like it was just a very badly worded exaggeration, and not meant to be taken literally.

http://[use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?278,279,968,63414696

"We dont want to leave it to chance that we catch out all the bots. 99.97% of all bots were F2P, so only by excluding free players from the hi-scores could we guarantee that all bots have gone."

"We want to make the hi-scores more relevant to existing players by removing everyone who doesnt belong there, mainly the 99,97% of botters who were populating the free game."

Now what are you saying? Is Mod Emilee lying? Or does she allow someone to post lies using her name?

Or do J-mods misunderstand each other?

Seconding this - it's Jagex after all.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I started a new F2P character today and on entering into the 'tutorial' mode, I found this. I have no idea if they were able to activate these or not because they were standing there for ages, but I was very disappointed that they are obviously getting through the first hurdle already. I have reported some of them.

2rg0v2c.jpg

35cq0q9.png

Has anybody else noticed that colors in the game look ridiculous now? Like players on the minimap are pink... looks like it's supposed to target pixel bots but wtf it's ugly as all hell

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

+-------------------------+

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

I didn't read all 20 pages here, but I'd like to add my thoughts to all this.

There's people who don't mind the bots presence, and there have ALWAYS been people who don't mind the bots presence. But I'm NOT one of those people. I took a break from RS shortly before they brought free trade back. I honestly thought I was quitting for real this time. (Darn game always manages to win me back somehow..) Anyways me and my bf have been talking about trying the game out again for a while, because we both played the game lots years ago and loved it. We've logged on a couple times within the last couple months here, but it never really stuck. When he logged on a couple days ago, he said there were no bots. And guess what? There were NO BOTS. So we bought membership and here I am playing again, after at least an 8 to 12 month break, thinking I'd never come back again! We hunted some chins, with no bot competition, and I loved that.

The reason I hate bots is because they infringe on MY fun in the game. One thing I like doing is mining mith and coal in the mining guild and using super heat to smelt it together there. I don't care that it's not efficient, I'm trying to have fun here. You can't compete with 20 mining bots guys, you just can't. I used to have a d pick, and that d pick along with my 93 mining could not compete with the stupid bots. I like fishing while I'm doing homework or studying. But you can't AFK fish sharks when the fishing spot moves every 20 seconds because there are SO MANY BOTS moving to and from the spots all the time. Not to mention how much they caused prices to deflate. Maybe I want to make money from shark fishing, or yew cutting, or mining coal, or killing dragons ffs. The bots doing all these skills drove down prices SO MUCH. And this bothers me because THAT IS WHERE I MAKE MY MONEY.

Bots can burn in hell. I enjoy the grind-y parts of this game sometimes. I don't feel the urge to bot at all. So please STOP pretending like they aren't ruining this game!

Blakdragon39.png

Bots can burn in hell. I enjoy the grind-y parts of this game sometimes. I don't feel the urge to bot at all. So please STOP pretending like they aren't ruining this game!

While there are always going to be detractors either which way, I don't think there's much doubt of it anymore. I mean heck, look at the collateral damage removing bots has caused, let alone the damage caused by them explicitly.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.