Botting in Runescape

Awolo

Fishing at Catherby beach tonight, and there are at least 20 bots here fishing. They're easy to spot too. Every time the fishing spot moves, they make a right turn, and then move to the next fishing spot. Not just one of them does it, but all 20 of them do it.

:-P

slobdf.jpg

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot!

Oh, she is a naughty person, and she must pay the penalty!

Stev, go work for Jagex already :wink: Honestly, the amount of knowledge you have on programming blows me away.

I'd be able to nag him about bossing more if he moved to Cambridge, thus, I agree. :twss:

I did notice a few at avainsies with strange names, and something that may not have been noted, bots being mass-banned remove money and the means to get rescorses from the economy, that's one of the reasons for the huge spike in item prices, it's been a year since free trade came back now, and I have no idea what's to come in the next year! :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

There are still quite a few bots that are Slaying, as well. I haven't been into the Fremennik Slayer Cave lately, but the other night I did a task of Nechs in the Slayer Tower and over the course of the time I was there, I saw no less than 5 different strangely-named, poorly-geared "players" endlessly killing Nechs. A quick look at their hiscores revealed they all had 80 Slayer, 33 FM, and maxed melee stats, with pretty much nothing else of note. Fast forward a few days to another task there, and in the same world (I almost always play in w44 for some reason, and no, not for Soul Wars) I saw the exact same bots that were there the first time. I bet if I went back now, they are still there. Which means they have been day in and day out camping Nechs for at least 3 or 4 weeks. And people wonder why rune boots are so cheap now. It also answers the question why Slayer isn't nearly as profitable as it used to be. I used to look forward to those boot drops. :(

Sorceress Garden is packed with them; I stood there about 5 minutes last night and reported about 30-40 bots! Tried to break a few but majority of them seem to be using the minimap for clicking instead of the manual spot-clicking :(

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Strange that most of the bots seem to be returning to members' worlds instead of the free ones. The only bots I've seen since the Nuke have been autotypers in the G.E..

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Strange that most of the bots seem to be returning to members' worlds instead of the free ones. The only bots I've seen since the Nuke have been autotypers in the G.E..

"There is still a trade limit in which certain players can not make a trade where they give away more than 25,000 coins, to prevent players from buying/selling gold. This was introduced on 22 November 2011 to combat Gold farming. The limit only affects accounts created after this limit was introduced, which have never had membership."

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_limit

2m272v5.gif

I had actually forgotten about that. That would certainly make the free game less appealing to gold farmers.

Thank you, Jagex, for inadvertently making F2P safer from bots while trying to strong-arm us into buying membership. :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Being kinda of a fashionista (o_O) I drop to relleka often to change my character's boot style/colour, and there I always see the same bots with names made up of random letters and numbers, running back between an npc and a boat, I'm not quite sure what they're doing but I think they're picking snape grass or something. They don't even bother to hop worlds, just the same bots every day at the same world.

2480+ total

Yeah, it's pretty clear by now that goldfarmers have found ways to bot. The first ones back you could tell were very basic screen scrapers that broke every couple of minutes, but now they're getting more complex, doing more and more. Either they've gotten REALLY good at screen scrapers, or they've broken the clusterfuster code. Regardless of how, the goldfarmers have been back for a while and are getting stronger.

Also as to the lack of F2P bots; a large chunk of F2P bots before were just throw away accounts that the public used to fund their mains. Anyone looking to actually make money off goldfarming would either have to have been P2P or had a ton of accounts running. Now that there are very few public bots available, only goldfarmers are back en masse, leaving F2P mostly free from bots.

Just deleted a 4000 character post because fetuses.

Look @ my sig, has some botpk statistics in it. They're actually really good money (green dragon bots) and pking em can really [bleep] up goldfarm bots. I saw less spam pm's and higher pricing after I got a handful of people into botpking. I laughed my ass off for the first 2 days I did this, then I ran into pker accounts from bot owners/asked to come pk me possibly?..anyway, It's even funnier when you get a bot's pker out and kill him too. I bet they rage so hard, esp since you just used tuna and 40k in gear to kill them :thumbsup: . Best way I've found to combat bots for now. Just waiting for the day they dissapear entirely from greens. Then they'll be everywhere else and have a forever-footprint in RS once again. Here come botted bosses.

EDIT: The bots give roughly 20 to 90k in drops at a time, based on inventory space and what they pick up (you can see their drop list after like 30 kills). It's roughly 600k+ per hour to kill them, depending on weapon, location/how you get there, and what BOB you use. I've killed maybe 30 or 40 without picking up drops, and another 40+ without any good drop at all. But with less bots it's a bit easier to find one that has drops, the only problem is pkers come out of nowhere pretty fast now, and do not stay long enough for you to go get pk gear (if you wish to hybrid/actually kill them guarenteed). Theres also an asston less bots that are over 103, which is basically my attack range where I kill them (I'm 125 F2P cb).

Just try to do your best at reporting them. If you go to green dragons ever and see a handful of bots, turn on rightclick reporting. There's no wait time for macroing/bots, at least. You can get 15-20 reported in 60 seconds pretty easily.

553VriC.png?1

Killing bots a few times makes no difference, if you set a bot back an hour by pking it repeatedly it is going 12-24 hours a day, so doesn't do anything.

The bot owners probably didn't even notice you killing them.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Pking bots won't do anything due to

-bot loses max 1 invent of bones which is whatever compared to bones from 24/7 run time times no. of accounts

-most bots know how to come back after death

-auto acc creation is happening all the time anyway so you've probably made a dent of ~20 seconds in the bot owner's computer's time spent.

basically for bot pkers, its xp waste to kill bots

wait for optimus which will probably stop bots for like a week or so

Pking bots won't do anything due to

-bot loses max 1 invent of bones which is whatever compared to bones from 24/7 run time times no. of accounts

-most bots know how to come back after death

-auto acc creation is happening all the time anyway so you've probably made a dent of ~20 seconds in the bot owner's computer's time spent.

basically for bot pkers, its xp waste to kill bots

wait for optimus which will probably stop bots for like a week or so

I wasn't aware you could kill dragons at lv.3

While that's true, the botting organizations probably anticipate that and are constantly "training up" more accounts-if that's how they get the accounts to kill dragons, anyway.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

While that's true, the botting organizations probably anticipate that and are constantly "training up" more accounts-if that's how they get the accounts to kill dragons, anyway.

If enough players continuously killed enough bots, it would become a problem for them. obviously we don't want to be on 24/7 killing bots, and automated solutions either ruin normal players or the bots move to new areas of the game. But the dent in time is real. It isn't effective, but the bot runners would consider it under "cost of doing business"

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Okay besides the whole "killing bots" thing is there any news on how soon the next bot nuke is coming? It's getting silly again when everyone on Catherby beach except me is a bot. :angry:

slobdf.jpg

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot!

Oh, she is a naughty person, and she must pay the penalty!

And they are coming back to f2p aswell, last week I didnt see anyone in lvl 15 dng mine, mining coal. Or if there was, they were actual people. now the bots are returning. Have reported like 10 today. The good news is that they are not the best of quality. If more than 2 actual people are present and mine the coal off quickly the bot gets stuck and logs out....or my reports were dealt with very quickly

Purekilljoy.png

I hope Jagex realizes the bot nuke was not a solution for all eternity and continues developing technology, etc. to fight the next wave(s) of bots as they claim.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

powerbot just announced that they will have their bot released by middle of march

How often have they made a similar claim before? I'll believe it when I see it. Sure, the numbers of bots are rising again, but I think we won't be seeing reflection bots for a while still.