Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Botting in Runescape

• Please log in to reply
803 replies to this topic

BioIce
[ Display Name History ]

BioIce

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Theres a certain rotten potato you should look up...

Hasn't the person who stole that gotten their account banned already?

EDIT:

>Go to GOP in w61
>90% of the "people" there are bots
>Ragelogout because your entire team is hold bots and minigame is ruined

DG bots don't bug me as much because they don't slow down my floors.

Bots in there just make it easier to win. From what I saw the majority of bots pile the yellow team. Just have your friends and whatever clan reigns there now spam green.
Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

Posted Image

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Estoc

Where's the fun in that? I just miss when botters weren't liked by the majority and now botting is pretty much accepted by the average player.

It's accepted because the pros of having bots in the game far outweigh the cons. Add to that the fact most people on this forum are over the "chop yews for money and xp, and buy 99 cooking for respect" stage where botting has a negative impact.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Where's the fun in that? I just miss when botters weren't liked by the majority and now botting is pretty much accepted by the average player.

It's accepted because the pros of having bots in the game far outweigh the cons. Add to that the fact most people on this forum are over the "chop yews for money and xp, and buy 99 cooking for respect" stage where botting has a negative impact.

If bots were positive surely jagex would just remove those things from the game (make the game more lightweight) and provide the items through the GE directly - they could just add a steady supply of X items an hour.

Really above attitude shows a pretty ignorant "cause it doesn't affect me directly it doesn't matter for me". I've got a good rhyme for that:

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Maybe more fit:

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

Then they came for me

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
^
The day bots can do Nex as a coordinated team without a hitch is the day that I will bot.

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

^
The day bots can do Nex as a coordinated team without a hitch is the day that I will bot.

Goal justifies the means?

Are you trolling or that much of an egoistical person to only care about what you do?

Then they came for me

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
Just to let you guys know:

I'm going to be tidying up this thread a bit, so if you see your post go missing, please PM me instead of posting here :) It'll be the fastest way for me to be able to respond to you.

EDIT: Done!

Quick reminder:

Please remember to report rule-breaking posts rather than replying to them. It will save everyone the hassle of another silly flame war.

hzvjpwS.gif

Pete Party
[ Display Name History ]

Pete Party

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Lies! FAKE! There are NO bots in RuneScape, Jagex said they would get rid of the bot problem as soon as free trade came back.
Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Neohero1972
[ Display Name History ]

Neohero1972

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • RSN:Neohero1972
Hi

After reading through this thread I got curious, so I did a search and quickly found the site which I think @Awolo is referring to and I must admit that I got a little very impressed with the vast selection of bots on offer.

I also must admit that nearly succumb to the dark side when I discovered that they do in fact offer a dung bot (I'll never be able to love playing dung as dung and I are like night and day)

also, I found the price-tag for purchasing a bot to be quite reasonable (a factor which surely won't help to decrease the bot population).

So even if I got tempted (and I sure did) then why didn't I take the plunge ?

Because, even if they claim that the bots can't be detected then I'm for one is not prepared to find out if this is really the truth or not as I find the stakes a little to high for my taste - i.e. why run the risk of getting my current account banned (I have had this one since I stated playing in 2005 if my memory serves me well) and loose the countless of hours just because I wanted to cut a few corners.

So eventhough I'm very impressed of what the bots are capable of I would just say:

Thank you, but no thank you.

Still I would very much like to watch a bot solving a quest and playing dung - in the name of science ofcourse \::/

SixFootOne
[ Display Name History ]

SixFootOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Six Foot One

Hi

After reading through this thread I got curious, so I did a search and quickly found the site which I think @Awolo is referring to and I must admit that I got a little very impressed with the vast selection of bots on offer.

I also must admit that nearly succumb to the dark side when I discovered that they do in fact offer a dung bot (I'll never be able to love playing dung as dung and I are like night and day)

also, I found the price-tag for purchasing a bot to be quite reasonable (a factor which surely won't help to decrease the bot population).

So even if I got tempted (and I sure did) then why didn't I take the plunge ?

Because, even if they claim that the bots can't be detected then I'm for one is not prepared to find out if this is really the truth or not as I find the stakes a little to high for my taste - i.e. why run the risk of getting my current account banned (I have had this one since I stated playing in 2005 if my memory serves me well) and loose the countless of hours just because I wanted to cut a few corners.

So eventhough I'm very impressed of what the bots are capable of I would just say:

Thank you, but no thank you.

Still I would very much like to watch a bot solving a quest and playing dung - in the name of science ofcourse \::/

Sadly there are people who give in to the temptations because they know if their account gets caught the only thing that happens is their xp get halved, or if it gets banned they bot it all back on a new account.
Posted Image

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
If botting was allowed, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I have absolutely no interest in grinding skills when I could be dungeoneering or boss hunting. As it stands, though, it's way too risky to consider.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
  • RSN:Lose No Hope
  • Clan:DGS

If botting was allowed, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I have absolutely no interest in grinding skills when I could be dungeoneering or boss hunting. As it stands, though, it's way too risky to consider.

I agree with this for the most part. There are some grinding skills that I just can't bring myself to do. If there wasn't a risk and it wasn't against the rules, I would possibly do it.

Neohero1972
[ Display Name History ]

Neohero1972

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • RSN:Neohero1972

Hi

Yeahh, and it's kinda sad that some of us feel this way, because if Jagex one day would allow this then it would (and it already has) devalueate items like skill capes.

Personally I'm not really interested in having a skill cape just so I can show the rest of world that I have wasted to many hours in-game instead of going out into the real world, but having said that I can still take a few moments standing an watching a (in admiration) player who is wearing a runecrafting skill cape.

I would absolutely hate to know that the player had botted his/her way to earn the right to wear it.

Ellac
[ Display Name History ]

Ellac

Ex-Global Chameleon

• Members
  • 1,235 posts
TL;DR we have bots and they suck
Posted Image
Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

The Runar
[ Display Name History ]

The Runar

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,343 posts
  • RSN:The Runar
  • RSN '07:Old Runar
I would never bot, even if it was allowed. I like training itself more than getting levels and if this isn't the case, I just don't train at all.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
Posted Image

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Nifflin
[ Display Name History ]

Nifflin

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • RSN:Nifflin
  • RSN2:Runnersdie
I have IRL friend who have botted multiple 99s without getting banned/rolledback/hacked. Even one guy who makes a few hundred bucks a month by botting maxed turm zerkers and selling them. That only happens if you bot for 24h or bot all night play all day.

Bot are very complex and antiban is brilliant, I've seen my friend run an agility bot and it is impossible to tell the difference between it an a real player, it makes little mistakes randomly, moves the pointer to check exp and different skills, opens different tabs, goes afk for short breaks, moves the pointer offscreen, clicks the obstacles in random parts, alternates between spamclicking and precision clicking. Much more realistic then a player like Jebrim that does perfect courses for 15 hours straight. People sink a lot of time into developing these and the community is massive, no wonder the products are so good at what they do.

Like Obt said, not worth the risk though of maybe leaving it on for 48hours and getting caught.

Once people get it into their heads that bots are inevitable and need to be accepted, maybe these threads will stop popping up.

PM me in game anytime

De_NL_Legend
[ Display Name History ]

De_NL_Legend

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • RSN:De NL Legend
  • Clan:Friends4 Ever
I hate botters, the aren't good for other members, clans want to play GOP with friends and then there are an lot of bots.
This screen is at the Fishing Guld (World 69), see what an lot of bots there are:
Posted Image
Look at hiscores, all only 99 fishing.
Posted Image
Elite Sun says: "A day not Skilling is an day no EXP!"
Click on this text for my blog!
Posted Image

Hegelstad
[ Display Name History ]

Hegelstad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,440 posts
  • RSN:Hegelstad
  • Clan:Team Bring It
^ it's pretty sad that noone does anything with the problem, it is so obvious!!

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

la la la
[ Display Name History ]

la la la

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,939 posts
Doesn't really concern me. You can't successfully bot dungeoneering, and even if you could, I play this game to achieve personal goals (and blow off steam/stress from life), not try to reach some prestige.

lalalasig2.png

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers

Once people get it into their heads that bots are inevitable and need to be accepted, maybe these threads will stop popping up.

I'll concede that bots are inevitable, but I doubt they'll ever be accepted. Until they are, then people will continue to be frustrated with them and these threads will continue.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users