England Riots

Sam

I agree with most of what you say. I think you may misunderstand me. I don't mean the police should go in looking to use violence to stop the rioters, but that they should know they can use whatever force is necessary if t comes to a situation where it is needed.

There is a balance to be had here between wanting to subdue rioters to bring them to justice and to protect innocent people and property. Force is often more vital when moving a gang of rioters from a property needing protection than if they are simply to be subdued. Speed is of much more importance, meaning the police cannot sit back and wait.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if any of you have heard this, but I find it infuriating to say the least:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

How to deal with looters:

tumblr_lpprbbiwxY1qf9m55o1_400.gif

Yeah, Vancouver's situation wasn't all that different. Riots for no legitimate reason by kids looking to cause trouble. The real people from these cities rise up after to condemn the actions and help to undo/stop them. I'm not all that familiar with the situation among the youth across the pond, but it sounds like political trouble to me. Needless to say, I'm impressed by the clean up effort.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I think the best looter ever has been seen a few days ago, LIVE pictures I saw some kid about 14 break into an Argos store and loot. It was what he looted that I found funny, A catalog, which is FREE lol

Other people have stolen gift cards, like RuneScape Membership cards, which are worthless, they are not activated, they need to be done by the store when you pay for it.

On a lighter note.

They interviewed people in London who said they were protecting a mosque. :thumbsup:

In Birmingham some said they were defending their businesses. :thumbsup:

In Manchester a guy said they were defending their chip shop. :ohnoes:

Our Olympics is MUCH better than THEIRS

I think the best looter ever has been seen a few days ago, LIVE pictures I saw some kid about 14 break into an Argos store and loot. It was what he looted that I found funny, A catalog, which is FREE lol

Other people have stolen gift cards, like RuneScape Membership cards, which are worthless, they are not activated, they need to be done by the store when you pay for it.

Looters: break 1000£ windows to steal a few 10£ gift cards.

♪♪ And I'm not done

At least things have calmed down a little now all across the country. I think that just having more police on, and the rioters knowing this, is a fairly big deterrent for the majority who are less and less under the illusion they wont be caught.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

At least things have calmed down a little now all across the country. I think that just having more police on, and the rioters knowing this, is a fairly big deterrent for the majority who are less and less under the illusion they wont be caught.

This, they havent even processed the bulk of cctv footage or data passed by bbm, twitter, fb etc. and they have courts running 24/7 and have already sentenced like 100+ people in london alone.

Combine that with increased police numbers, water cannons allowed to be used and the mass clean up movements showing public opinion agaisnt the rioters; i think all but the most stupid rioters are getting to the point they realise they are gonna be caught and carrying on isn't gonna make them money.

And thats without even considering most councils have officially stated they will be starting proceedings to evict people convicted of looting as they are not the type of people they want in their city.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This, they havent even processed the bulk of cctv footage or data passed by bbm, twitter, fb etc. and they have courts running 24/7 and have already sentenced like 100+ people in london alone.

Combine that with increased police numbers, water cannons allowed to be used and the mass clean up movements showing public opinion agaisnt the rioters; i think all but the most stupid rioters are getting to the point they realise they are gonna be caught and carrying on isn't gonna make them money.

And thats without even considering most councils have officially stated they will be starting proceedings to evict people convicted of looting as they are not the type of people they want in their city.

This is true for London, but for some areas it's still early days. There was still a lot of riot activity in Manchester and Birmingham last night.

It may only be rumour, but where I live in Lincolnshire, and where my girlfriend lives in Yorkshire, the riots haven't yet begun but are anticipated to over the next couple of days.

Worthless giftcards, they need to be activated with payment via the tills. - MY sister works for argos, she said that any gift card stollen from the shops are useless, they done thousands of pounds of damage, thinking they are getting hundreds if not thousands of cards and nothing.

Worthless giftcards, they need to be activated with payment via the tills. - MY sister works for argos, she said that any gift card stollen from the shops are useless, they done thousands of pounds of damage, thinking they are getting hundreds if not thousands of cards and nothing.

I'd love to see the situation after this has all blown over:

Looter: "I'd like to buy this expensive item"

Shopkeeper: "oh, and how will you be paying for that?"

Looter: "With all of these giftcards"

Shopkeeper: "Hmm, it appears that none of these giftcards are activated, could you just go and wait over there?"

Shopkeeper then goes and calls the police, who come and arrest Looter for looting, and everyone laughs at him for being stupid

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

Not hugely impressed with Cameron. He claims to want parents taking more responsibility for what happened, but if he wants this, he needs to get the government to proactively do something about it, something similar in principle to SureStart. How can we increase our foreign aid budget by billions and be left with a PM who doesn't want to do anything except wave imaginary wands because there's apparently no money?

I agree that parenting needs to improve and the aspirations of children should not be that they'll end up the same way as their unemployed/impoverished parents, but as a taxpayer, I say the needs of *my* society come before the needs of any other.

Last time I checked it was you who posted

the stupid riot dies and is killed by police who uses lead pellets i will not say "That's bad, someone died"

My response is that yes, it would be bad, because you shouldn't use force that could potentially kill someone if that person has no legal reason to die.

tl;dr it's easy to sit in a computer chair and say that you should brutally beat rioters but unfortunately it's both illegal and immoral

How does lead bullets used in a right way equal deadly kill? You took what i said out of context. I meant, if the lead pellets kills anyone then it is their own fault. Of course as a police officer if you see a little kid stealing you won't shoot any pellets at him. It's common sense. What's right and what's wrong.

A smart person would use a air gun with a scope with lead pellets well to stop riots. Shoot at their legs and arms when they try to smash windows of the shops/stores. Tell me who is it fault if a man in age of 20 dies because a lead pellet hits him? Is it the policeman or the riot member who is not behaving?

READ THIS IF YOU THINK I AM IMMORAL

If Police officers use speakers (high volume) to warn the riot party that they are gonna use pellets, and that they will be hurt if they do not stop. Am i still immoral? Because that's how i would go at it.

You know that police will use pellets and your still rioting? And police would be "immoral" because they try to uphold the law?

Now this is just epic:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7337

First petition on there I've seen I actually wanna sign and its already nearly got enough signatures to go to the house of commons.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Its lagging like hell, guess the page is busy.

But its a petition for all people convicted in relation to the london riots to have all their benefits revoked.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

But its a petition for all people convicted in relation to the london riots to have all their benefits revoked.

What does it take to be convicted? "Beyond a reasonable doubt" like in the US, or some other definition?

♪♪ And I'm not done

What does it take to be convicted? "Beyond a reasonable doubt" like in the US, or some other definition?

As far as I am aware we also go by beyond reasonable doubt.

That's why they are trawling through cctv footage etc to identify people and of the people tried so far while a lot have been convicted many have also been cleared or released to await re-trial when further evidence is available

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That would make sense then. If there was a small chance of wrongful prosecution I wouldn't support that.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Not hugely impressed with Cameron. He claims to want parents taking more responsibility for what happened, but if he wants this, he needs to get the government to proactively do something about it, something similar in principle to SureStart. How can we increase our foreign aid budget by billions and be left with a PM who doesn't want to do anything except wave imaginary wands because there's apparently no money?

I agree that parenting needs to improve and the aspirations of children should not be that they'll end up the same way as their unemployed/impoverished parents, but as a taxpayer, I say the needs of *my* society come before the needs of any other.

Yes and no. The problem is something that can't just be fixed with money, though admittedly some will need to be used. It's such a deep-rooted cultural problem that there is little Cameron can realistically do to at the moment, because the country is simply too bankrupt, regardless of what he's doing with foreign aid et al. I'm sorry to say that Blair's policies are a major factor that contributed to this societal thuggery and expectancy culture.

But austerity programmes (much needed) are going to mean that very little can realistically be done to tackle this until a few years down the line.

This is how the Nazis started.

Luckily you guys will never have a say, petition or not.

Sheesh, empty vessels

You're a lunatic conspiracy theorist, and I'm pretty sure your nonsensical posts come under spam.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

The CCTV convictions seem a little bit shady. Don't get me wrong, I think people that have committed the crimes should be punished, but the whole "caught on camera" thing seems a lot like those red light camera tickets in the U.S. Unless there is absolutely no doubt in identifying who committed the crime, they shouldn't be using them to convict people.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."