9th-Aug-2011 - Graphical and Audio Updates

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TrixStar

It told me my account has been locked due to someone possibly knowing my password now the whole game is down

Just got kicked out. Was almost done with a dungeon too. Wtf? :(

Hey all,

We're currently shutting down a selection of worlds due to some connectivity issues. We hope to have these back up and running shortly.

This will be affecting the following worlds: 5, 10, 17, 19, 21, 26, 28, 32, 51, 54, 69, 81, 101, 102, 105, 106, 119, 123, 137, 146, 149, 151, 166, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Mod Easty

Update: We're going to be leaving these worlds offline overnight to allow more time to investigate the issue on these worlds.

Now which Mod hit the "Turn off all servers" button?

That news post is really old. These worlds should be back online.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Well, they added three new pictures to the media section of the website, so you can look at them as you twiddle your thumbs awaiting a reboot :P

[hide]Runescape_25.jpg

Runescape_26.jpg

Runescape_27.jpg[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Just got kicked out. Was almost done with a dungeon too. Wtf? :(

Hey all,

We're currently shutting down a selection of worlds due to some connectivity issues. We hope to have these back up and running shortly.

This will be affecting the following worlds: 5, 10, 17, 19, 21, 26, 28, 32, 51, 54, 69, 81, 101, 102, 105, 106, 119, 123, 137, 146, 149, 151, 166, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231

Mod Easty

Update: We're going to be leaving these worlds offline overnight to allow more time to investigate the issue on these worlds.

Now which Mod hit the "Turn off all servers" button?

That news post is really old. These worlds should be back online.

Says its from August 9th.

Also:

Hey all,

With this update, we have made a change to the way the game handles clicking onto interface components that have hidden portions of sprites. We've done this to give us far greater freedom on interfaces, but we understand that we've caused a bit of a headache with the Prayer and Magic interfaces.

We hope to have a fix out for those interfaces tomorrow morning. If you come across any other interfaces which are now either broken or more difficult to use, please report these as a bug through the normal "Report a bug" link.

Thanks,

Mod Easty

Been annoying having to deal with the prayers in Dungeoneering.

@Den, this is the world offline message from today.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/server-maintenance

I don't even know where you found that older one, but I'm telling you that message was from atleast a week ago, maybe more.

The least Jagex could have done with this update was allow familiars at the GE. I thought they were spreading out the kiosks to help reduce lag?

The least Jagex could have done with this update was allow familiars at the GE. I thought they were spreading out the kiosks to help reduce lag?

Absolutely no reason not to allow them now, seeing as you can summon familiars right next to them so lag can't be their excuse any more.

I thought so too, but at least they didn't forget the ability to walk around the very outer edge of the ge with a familiar to get to the Sp. Tree/ Kelda. Door/ Edge

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

I wonder if they will roll back any, Warning: with my technological experience this may take up to 24 hours if it was a complete memory issue, they will have to restore everyones history, mos likely will be at least another hour if not more.

Fall_of_Six.png

09-Aug-2011 18:14:50

Last edited on 09-Aug-2011 18:16:59 by Mod Easty

Hey all,

We're currently shutting down all Runescape worlds due to some memory leak issues. We hope to have these back up and running shortly.

Mod Easty

Edit: Sorry for the lack of notice. The worlds were just about to hit the threshold that they would start crashing, which would have caused rollbacks.

so hopefully no rollbacks for the people who were logged in.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I don't even know where you found that older one, but I'm telling you that message was from atleast a week ago, maybe more.

I mentioned something about it on the new thread you just posted.

But for about 2-3 minutes that message was up on the front page, and it was posted below Todays current graphical update and game changes. Then roughly 2 minutes later it was removed and replaced with the current one (the new thread you just posted), above todays game updates.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

I mentioned something about it on the new thread you just posted.

But for about 2-3 minutes that message was up on the front page, and it was posted below Todays current graphical update and game changes. Then roughly 2 minutes later it was removed and replaced with the current one (the new thread you just posted), above todays game updates.

Might have been that someone just copied+pasted the previous worlds down notice then edited in the changes.