Anonymous Vows Destruction of Facebook

Lenticular_J

Not true. I'm not going to go into specifics, but when you DDOS, each user is slowing down the server much, much more than an average user.

I know how a denial of service attack works, thanks.

And I'm saying facebook can handle such a large number of requests that you would have to simulate an additional 20million + users in order to even have any kind of noticeable effect.

I don't think that many people even browse /b/.

The 30+ million posts in the last 7 months would like to disagree with you.

Way to misquote me. I know /b/ is quite popular - but it's nowhere near the hits facebook gets.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive numbers of edgy 13-year-olds.

They won't do [cabbage] to Facebook, they're just ruining the Internet for the rest of us. I honestly don't care at all if Facebook sells my data to the government. The government knows what bands and movies I like now, cool.

Yes, 13 year olds who tend to have computer skills far beyond that of the average adult.

Sure, I bet these 13 year olds are SO MUCH BETTER than the hundreds of white hats that have networking/computer engineering degrees and years of experience... Because, you know, they have um, backtrack and DDOS right? Facebook (and only facebook because only facebook would be concerned in protecting the website from imminent destruction) has no possible way of defending against these teenagers.

Misunderstood, my bad.

wl7w9j.png

I was upset with FB once. I deleted my profile. Problem solved.

It'd be more valuable if Anon promoted profile deletion.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16929680703

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

They said the information is kept regardless.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

True, and probably more so than whatever ridiculous prank they're going to pull. Unfortunately, there aren't many viable alternatives available, so it wouldn't work. Would be cool if people actually joined Google+ instead, but I wonder what they do with private information too. At least it seems far easier to quit, which in Facebook's case is far harder.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

True, and probably more so than whatever ridiculous prank they're going to pull. Unfortunately, there aren't many viable alternatives available, so it wouldn't work. Would be cool if people actually joined Google+ instead, but I wonder what they do with private information too.

Google+ is probably worse then facebook. With AdSense as popular as it is google+ is basically just a personal information farm to make google the true #1 in targeted advertising.

I subbed anyway but kept my personal info minimal.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Targeted advertising doesn't really matter. I mean, I'm going to get advertised to anyway so it might as well be something I don't hate, and I use AdBlock, so I don't mind so much when it comes to "likes" and Sparks.

They said the information is kept regardless.

As far as I'm concerned, anything I put online about myself, or anything that anyone else puts online about me is public record and knowledge forever. It is the same for a forum, I don't control where/how far my post goes after it is put online.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I really do not see anything coming from this. I don't use facebook anymore, so if it does or doesn't it wont concern me.

But could you imagine the [cabbage] that would go down if it did?

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Sounds about as probable as /b/ denting facebook really...

Thankfully I de-registered from Facebook last year, so if this amounts to something (I'm doubtful it will) it won't affect me.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau